Survivor: Cambodia- Second Chance

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Always leave it to CBS to spoil their own show in the ads :p

They let a minor spoiler slip in the first ad they put out, and they had to get rid of it and make a nearly identical one except with one switched out scene. Looks like people apparently payed attention to the first promotional video showing them in the game :rolleyes::p

RMichael21

Always leave it to CBS to spoil their own show in the ads :p

They let a minor spoiler slip in the first ad they put out, and they had to get rid of it and make a nearly identical one except with one switched out scene. Looks like people apparently payed attention to the first promotional video showing them in the game :rolleyes::p
What happened exactly? :p

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Just saw my first commercial for Survivor Second Chance! 10 days! But I won't be able to watch any episode until the day after this season. :(
Ooh, that's unfortunate. I always like watching them live.

I saw the commercial too... Exciting! :D
Though they said they were all voted out of Survivor...which isn't true. Some got second :p

SAV

I always DVR it and watch it later that night when everyone else goes to sleep. Much easier to hear without all of the racket going on and I can FF through the commercials.

It actually drives me crazy during the final night when I do watch it live and can't FF through. I always catch myself trying and then nothing happening.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Speaking of DVRs, I have been trying for the past few days, but today I was finally able to set up a series recording for this season! Idk why, but I always find it exciting that the season is close enough that I'm able to record it :p :D

PUSH

Interesting article here a few hours before the premiere. It's kind of like a fantasy draft for certain positions. It shows who Jeff thinks is going to win, along with his thoughts on all the other players. The only spoilers are minor, showing who is in what tribe, and things Probst has witnessed during the marooning that make him believe who are early targets. This interview was taken place a few hours after the marooning.

http://parade.com/425156/joshwigler/who-will-win-survivor-second-chance-heres-jeff-probsts-pick/

I think several players have the ability to win, depending on the circumstances. My overall pick to win is... Vytas! I think he's going to be a bit underrated, but he's willing to make moves and I think he's smart enough to do them at the right time. He's not a liability in challenges, but he could be overlooked as a threat.

Some other potential winners could be Tasha, Jeremy and Ciera, who are all like Vytas. All are strong competitors, and might be overlooked as threats.

People who will go far, but ultimately not win are Terry and Joe. They are strong physically and have that burden on their backs. I think Terry will have a huge chip on his shoulder as to how his social and strategic game went, and he might overdo it. However, I think they will be taken through the merge and then dumped soon after.

Underdogs are always fun to pick, too. I think Kelly Wentworth is the obvious choice here. She was really weighed down by playing with her dad, who was not a good player at all. I think she was really playing his game because he made her, but I think she has a fire in her and is ready to control the game. I also think Keith can be an underdog. He's not the huge strategist, or the best social player, but he's a type of person who is likable and can do enough around camp to carry him far. He isn't looking to make huge plays, which is nice for an alliance.

Then there are the wildcards who can go any way. Spencer is one of those. He could come out and try to control the game from the start, which would be a quick boot. Or he could join an alliance, use his physical ability to progress that alliance, and then once the merge comes he can work from within and strategically take players out. Going this way could potentially put him in the finals. Shirin is also a wildcard in my opinion. If she can come in with an attitude that it's a new season, she could get in an alliance and ride it until she has an opportunity to make plays. She's so intelligent when it comes to Survivor, that she could really become a phenomenal player. But if she hinges on last season, especially with the immediate turnaround after the reunion, she could be out quickly.

Players that I think will get a quick boot are Kass and Kimmi. Both are older woman, who historically don't do well off the bat. Kass has the untrustworthy reputation, which could make her the first out. Kimmi is also a talker, which could annoy people enough to want her out. And one who I think is border-line in this category is Peih-Gee. She isn't the most likable person, and she was an outsider in China. With such a great cast, she could once again find herself outcast and quickly gone. But I can also see her finding an alliance and making it far enough to make moves.

Varner and Savage are both smart players who were ahead of their time on Survivor. I think both have a chance to win, Varner moreso. Savage could become the leader of his tribe, and ultimately be taken out with the target on his back.

Kelly Wiglesworth could go either way. She could be cut out for the new Survivor, but she could also be too slow for the new pace.

Stephen I think will be out early. He's incredibly smart, which is a huge threat. He doesn't offer a whole lot when it comes to challenges, so he's definitely expendable there. And I think players will view him as a guy who will turn on someone at ease when it doesn't benefit him in that moment.

Woo I think will play exactly like he did in Cagayan. He'll be someone's puppet, like he was Tony's.

And Monica and Abi I have not seen play, so I can't comment on them.

Hope it will be as good of a season at it looks to be! Won't be able to watch the episode until tomorrow, so I'm going to avoid the thread until then. Happy Survivor-ing!

SAV

Well, I couldn't stand Kimmi in her original season and I don't like her in this season so far. Not sure exactly why, but she just bugs the hell out of me.

Slick move by Kelley to first get the clue for the idol and secondly to get the idol. She picked the perfect time to go for it when everyone was so focused on the end of the challenge. And a great cover up plan by her to say she was just gathering wood and coconuts if anyone did come across her initial search.

I think <the first person voted out> was just playing it a little too hard to start out. They needed to be a little more covert and not so public.

Um, Fishbach looked so bad in the episode. I mean come on. He already has played, so he should know how to use a hatchet and cut wood or at least learn that since it will probably be a required skill.

The actual Abi explosion is going to be glorious when it does finally happen...and it will. Just wait a few more episodes of being hungry and sleep deprived. She will go off.

I like how Varner is playing the "I'm and old school guy, not up on this new style of play", when he is playing the hell out of it. Way to stay under the radar.

NYwdwfan

Well, I couldn't stand Kimmi in her original season and I don't like her in this season so far. Not sure exactly why, but she just bugs the hell out of me.

Slick move by Kelley to first get the clue for the idol and secondly to get the idol. She picked the perfect time to go for it when everyone was so focused on the end of the challenge. And a great cover up plan by her to say she was just gathering wood and coconuts if anyone did come across her initial search.

I think <the first person voted out> was just playing it a little too hard to start out. They needed to be a little more covert and not so public.

Um, Fishbach looked so bad in the episode. I mean come on. He already has played, so he should know how to use a hatchet and cut wood or at least learn that since it will probably be a required skill.

The actual Abi explosion is going to be glorious when it does finally happen...and it will. Just wait a few more episodes of being hungry and sleep deprived. She will go off.

I like how Varner is playing the "I'm and old school guy, not up on this new style of play", when he is playing the hell out of it. Way to stay under the radar.

Kimmi annoyed me then/now as well. And I wanted to like her because she's from Long Island like me - but she is just too...I can't put my finger on it either.

Pei-Gei (probably butchered the spelling) annoyed me then/now as well. Abi was edited to appear completely consumed with her ugly bracelet - but seriously - who sees a bag without a name tag and doesn't look inside to see if there is anything in it but instead puts their own name tag on it and assumes it for their own? That's just weird.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom