Trip Report I must have WDW fever!? (completed)

Hey WDWMagic friends! My name is Kim and I've never attempted to write a trip report before. I do read them all the time, and appreciate them so much between trips. I thought I would try and return the favor. It was also a fantastic trip and I would love to relive it once again. I've been home less than 2 weeks and miss it terribly!

I have to explain the title, "I must have WDW fever". I have had a fever for over a year now that just won't go away! I guess the official name would be Fever of Unknown Origin. This trip was first scheduled for January, then moved to April. I kept rescheduling in hopes that I would be fever free in time to visit Mickey. No such luck. I also had a surgery in between and had to recover from that. Our annual passes were set to expire on July 1st and we needed to go before that. That made this trip from June 22 - July 1st. Yep, I waited for summer in Florida to go with a fever. :)

Trip:
June 22 - July 1st
2 nights at Port Orleans - Riverside (Royal Room) & 7 nights at Pop Century

Who:
My mom (Barb) & I (Kim)
DSC02693.JPG

We both look forward to these trips! It is really perfect because we get along so well and pretty much enjoy the same things.

I hope you'll enjoy reading about our time at the Most Magical Place on Earth!

Last edited:

disneypearl

Original Poster
June 29 continued

We were ready to go and visit Journey into Imagination With Figment next. There was a small wait for it but nothing like the 45 minute wait there was on our other Epcot day this trip. We skipped it that day because of the line but this is a ride we do enjoy, and didn't want to miss this trip. We were glad that we would be able to ride.
IMG_1935.JPG

IMG_1936.JPG
After our time with Figment and our short time learning at the Imagination Institute we figured that we should probably have some lunch. The Electric Umbrella was close so we walked over. The skies started to look like rain so we were glad we got there before getting wet. Lunch was pretty simple because we went with the kids meals. We had cheeseburgers with fries & grapes. We were not too hungry and that seemed like enough food for then. We wanted to be able to snack later if we wanted to.
IMG_1939.JPG

Lunch was good and we were ready to go and have some more fun. The problem was the weather wasn't the best because it was pouring out.
IMG_1940.JPG

We didn't really want that to slow us down so we walked over to Mouse Gear for umbrellas. We each picked the Minnie Mouse one and were happy with our new purchases. We were now ready to go and play in the rain at Epcot.
DSC02981.JPG

IMG_1941.JPG

We walked over to The Seas with Nemo & Friends next. This was a ride that we had a Fastpass+ reservation for so we had no wait at all. My mom and I enjoy this ride and had a nice time looking at the ocean life afterwards. We took some time and watched the manatees in the rehabilitation center.
IMG_1946.JPG

Our next Fastpass+ was for Soarin. We had some time so we slowly walked over to the Land pavilion.
IMG_1948.JPG

We arrived to the Land a little too early so we took that time to have some ice water and check the wait times of other rides in Epcot.
IMG_1954.JPG

After our quick rest we were recharged and ready to soar over California! I am really going to miss the music if they change it. I also will miss the orange smell! I'll try and not worry too much! :confused:
IMG_1956.JPG

disneypearl

Original Poster
June 29 continued

After Soarin we went and rode Living with the Land. This is such an enjoyable ride.
IMG_1966.JPG

IMG_1968.JPG

IMG_1969.JPG

We then decided to go over to Innoventions and get our picture taken at the Visa meet and greet. The line was pretty long but it was fine. We got in and saw that it was Pluto and Goofy meeting today. We always love getting our free 5x7 pictures.
DSC02983.JPG

The ski was beginning to look a little better and the rain had stopped.
IMG_1972.JPG

My mom still wanted to take a ride on Mission Space before we made our way to the World Showcase. I waited outside while she enjoyed her ride into space.
IMG_1976.JPG

On our way to the World Showcase we decided that we needed a snack. I was really wanting to get some Disney popcorn. I love the popcorn at Disney and for some reason I hadn't had any yet this trip. I knew Canada had some so that is where we went.
IMG_1978.JPG

IMG_1980.JPG

My mom was in the mood for something a little more sweet so she thought she would wait until we got to France. When we got there she went and got a Napoleon from the French Bakery. The Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie was really crowded but we managed to find a small table.
IMG_1981.JPG

IMG_1984.JPG

Last edited:

fractal

I also love Soarin' and the music. Very torn about a new version - I think it's due and more appropriate for EPCOT but I'll miss the original. Perhaps they'll keep it in Anaheim?

disneypearl

Original Poster
I also love Soarin' and the music. Very torn about a new version - I think it's due and more appropriate for EPCOT but I'll miss the original. Perhaps they'll keep it in Anaheim?

I agree with you about the new version being more appropriate. I am excited about that change for sure. It's always a little difficult knowing they are going to change something you like. I do think they'll do a nice job and I'll end up happy. I will miss the current one though because of the memories, and the music is absolutely beautiful.

disneypearl

Original Poster
June 29 continued

We continued our walk around the World Showcase. Along the way I took a picture of one of the many lizards you see at WDW. I don't know what kind of lizards they are, but I want to take one home with me. :happy: I know people who live in Florida are probably so used to seeing them, but being from Michigan I find them to be adorable.
IMG_1987.JPG

We wandered around the countries and took in the sights and sounds.
IMG_1988.JPG

IMG_1990.JPG

It was time for our reservation at our favorite restaurant in the World Showcase. We had our second reservation at Via Napoli and we were ready for it. We love the service here and the food is delicious! :hungry:
IMG_1992.JPG

IMG_1993.JPG
For dinner we decided to split an individual pepperoni pizza and also an order of Arancini. Arancini are fried risotto balls filled with mozzarella and meat ragu. We had never tried Arancini before but it was a suggestion from our server on something new. She said that they were good and she was right!
IMG_1998.JPG

IMG_1996.JPG

We were in luck because after dinner we walked out of Via Napoli to hear the familiar whistle of Sergio. He was just beginning his show so we walked over to enjoy. Sergio puts on a great show and I was glad our timing worked out to see him.
IMG_2000 (2).JPG

IMG_2007.JPG

IMG_1991.JPG

disneypearl

Original Poster
June 29 continued

After watching Sergio we made our way to America. I love the American Adventure and we were just on time for the show. This show is amazing to watch. The audio-animatronics are so lifelike and the music to go along is good too.
IMG_2011.JPG

IMG_2013.JPG

America Spread Your Golden Wings... :inlove:
IMG_2010.JPG

Germany was our next country on our tour of the World. We stopped and watched the trains for a little while. We love the details they have here.
IMG_2018.JPG
When we got further into Germany we decided that we needed something from the Karamell-Kuche. This place smells so good! We love this place and always stop here at least once a trip. The caramel here is so fresh!
IMG_2020.JPG

So many good things to choose from...
IMG_2022.JPG

We both ended up deciding on a caramel and milk chocolate crisped rice treat.
IMG_2025.JPG

It was so good! I will have to get this again whenever I get back!
IMG_2027.JPG

We stopped in Norway next. My mom was a little jealous of my Troll that I got in Norway earlier this trip. She had decided that she needed one too. We went back to The Puffin's Roost so she could pick one out. She picked out a nice one and we were on our way.
IMG_2031.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2031.JPG
    IMG_2031.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 35

Rach&Eric

We have an ADR at Via Napoli on our upcoming trip in October and your pictures are making me hungry. I'm very much looking forward to this place. Loving your TR!

disneypearl

Original Poster
We have an ADR at Via Napoli on our upcoming trip in October and your pictures are making me hungry. I'm very much looking forward to this place. Loving your TR!

Thanks for reading! I love Via Napoli & hope you have a good time there as well. October isn't that far away!

disneypearl

Original Poster
June 29 continued

We left the Norway pavilion and went on our way to Mexico. We took our time because there was no rush, and it is nice to go slow and enjoy the countries.
IMG_2033.JPG

We enjoyed our tour of Mexico along with the Three Caballeros.
IMG_2034.JPG

We then decided to make our way over for Illuminations. The sky was so beautiful this night! It was really so pretty that we just stopped to watch it for a little while.
IMG_2041.JPG

IMG_2044.JPG

We decided we should go and get our spot for Illumitions. We had a Fastpass+ for this so we could sit and relax before the show.
IMG_2046.JPG

Illuminations: Reflections of Earth is just the best conclusion to a day at Epcot. It is such a feel good and inspiring show. I wish that everyday could end with a Disney fireworks show. :happy:
IMG_2048.JPG

IMG_2060.JPG

During the fireworks I was looking up and saw some firework debris falling down and coming towards me. I saw this as an opportunity for a free souvenir. It fell down about 4 inches from my foot so it was mine. :D I'd like to find a good quality picture of Illuminations to frame it with.
IMG_2071.JPG

We went to Mousegears after Illuminations to keep with tradition. We decided that we were not done for the night so we would be ending our night in the Magic Kingdom.
IMG_2066.JPG

IMG_2073.JPG

disneypearl

Original Poster
June 29 continued

We must have just missed a monorail because there were only a few other people waiting with us. It took a little waiting but another one came pulling up for us. It was monorail red.
IMG_2074.JPG

IMG_2077.JPG

Once we got to the Magic Kingdom we picked the TTA PeopleMover as our last ride of the day. It was fun because we discovered that the lights were on in Space Mountain. We have seen this before but it is still pretty rare.

Resting our feet as usual. I can't remember what was in the bag. :cautious:
IMG_2082.JPG

IMG_2083.JPG

IMG_2084.JPG

IMG_2087.JPG

After our ride we decided that it was time to go shopping at the Emporium. The entire trip I had planned on getting a Donald Duck plush and it seemed like a good time to get one. So off we went to the crowded shop to look for some goodies.

I picked the Donald Duck hanging on with his back turned on the right. :) (Just incase you were wondering)
IMG_2088.JPG

After shopping and picking up a few things we made our way back to Pop Century.
IMG_2090.JPG

Our free 5x7 photos from the Visa meet & greet at Epcot.
IMG_2091.JPG

Tomorrow would be our last full day at WDW. I don't care how long of a stay you have it is always hard to see a trip come to an end. We were going to try and keep ourselves from feeling sad and just enjoy our time while we were still there. We wanted to get some sleep and be ready to get a lot done tomorrow at the Magic Kingdom.

disneypearl

Original Poster
June 30

Today was our last day at the parks. :( It is so hard to not feel sad about the fun coming to an end but we were determined to keep busy and just enjoy the day. We started the day off with Pop waffles and that is always a great way to start a day! :hungry:
DSC03019.JPG

IMG_2094.JPG

This is a good breakfast! Disney waffles are the best!
IMG_2097.JPG

I love the taste of this syrup so much. I am not usually a fan of syrup, and only use just a little, but Hartley's Brand is delicious. Does anyone know of any store that sells it? I've looked but can't seem to find it.
IMG_2098.JPG

We arrived at the Magic Kingdom and were ready for fun. We walked in just in time to see the end of the Main Street Trolley Show. We didn't have the best view but the music put us in the Magic Kingdom mood. What a welcoming feeling!
IMG_2100.JPG

Our first ride of the day was The Haunted Mansion. We played with a few of the interactive items in line while we waited.
IMG_2102.JPG

DSC03027.JPG

After The Haunted Mansion we had our 1st Fastpass+ of the day at Peter Pan's Flight. We enjoyed riding in our magical pirate ship and watching the adventures of Peter Pan and Captain Hook.
IMG_2106.JPG

We then went to ride Under the Sea - Journey of The Little Mermaid. Spending some time visiting and singing with Ariel and friends is always good.
IMG_2110.JPG

IMG_2108.JPG

disneypearl

Original Poster
June 30 continued

It was time for lunch and we had reservations in the Beast's Castle at the Be Our Guest restaurant. I found these reservations close to our trip because I kept checking the website for cancellations. We got lucky and I was able to get one for lunch. I love the detail that was put into New Fantasyland and Be Our Guest is beautiful. It is so immersive that you feel like you are walking into the movie.
IMG_2116.JPG

IMG_2113.JPG

IMG_2119.JPG

IMG_2124.JPG

We each ordered the Carved Turkey Sandwich with fries & diet Coke. We have only ever eaten in the Forbidden West Wing and that is where we wanted to sit again. We were lucky that there was a table just getting cleaned off so we waited for it.
IMG_2137.JPG

It's really nice that this is another restaurant that you can get refills yourself. The food was delivered magically and we enjoyed our sandwiches.
IMG_2135.JPG

IMG_2143.JPG

We left the Forbidden West Wing and walked into the Ballroom. This room is a little more welcoming and festive. ;)
IMG_2156.JPG

DSC03058.JPG

This poor guy was out in the heat and looked thirsty. Good thing about those refills. :D
DSC03060.JPG

corey154

June 30 continued

We each ordered the Carved Turkey Sandwich with fries & diet Coke. We have only ever eaten in the Forbidden West Wing and that is where we wanted to sit again. We were lucky that there was a table just getting cleaned off so we waited for it.
View attachment 109305
How was it finding a seat? We're eating there Monday and I was curious how hard is it to find a table?

disneypearl

Original Poster
How was it finding a seat? We're eating there Monday and I was curious how hard is it to find a table?

We ate at 12:00 and it was busy. It shouldn't be too hard if you are not picky about what room you eat in. We really wanted the West Wing so we had to wait for a cast member to clear a table. It only took a few minutes of waiting and it was ready for us. Have fun & enjoy!

corey154

We ate at 12:00 and it was busy. It shouldn't be too hard if you are not picky about what room you eat in. We really wanted the West Wing so we had to wait for a cast member to clear a table. It only took a few minutes of waiting and it was ready for us. Have fun & enjoy!
Thank you for the information! I'm excited!

disneypearl

Original Poster
June 30 continued

We made our way to Frontierland and went to the General Store Candies. We didn't get any cupcakes in Be Our Guest but I wanted something sweet. I got some candies that were really good but I have no idea what they were called. I only got a little but planned to go back to get some for home. I forgot, and never got more. I will get more next time if I can't find them before then somewhere.
(I already ate some before the picture) :hungry:
IMG_2164.JPG

We then wandered around Frontierland some more while we waited for our Fastpass+ at Splash Mountain to open up. We watched Woody and Jessie for a little while but the line seemed pretty long to get in. The line might even have been closed. It was still fun to just watch them.
IMG_2166.JPG

It was then time for our Fastpass+ reservation for Splash Mountain. My Magic Band turned Mickey green so we were good! We were lucky and got the front row. :cool:
IMG_2167.JPG

I had bought a small keychain Duffy in the morning. :happy: I let him ride the Brer Rabbit for a little bit (I may have watched Toy Story too much) :joyfull:
IMG_2170.JPG

IMG_2171.JPG

DSC03074.JPG

IMG_2175.JPG

Splash Mountain is such an amazing ride. I could ride this one all day. :inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom