Should we have an Official 'Halloween Horror Nights 25' thread

mergatroid

Original Poster
Well it's slightly strange how they've revealed everything on the website this year. If you click on RIDES & ATTRACTIONS they've got all the houses, scare zones, shows and attractions listed now, though it's very easy to miss. Anyhow all the houses for HHN25 are as follows

HOUSES

logo_walkingdead.png

THE WALKING DEAD: THE LIVING AND THE DEAD
From the burnt ashes of Terminus, through the flooded community food pantry basement, and into the darkened churchyard, hordes of walkers surround you as you relive gut-wrenching moments of the most recent season.

logo_FvJ.png

FREDDY VS. JASON™
From the cursed Camp Crystal Lake to the nightmarish 1428 Elm Street, awake or asleep, you'll find yourself caught in the middle of this epic battle -- where the winner's reward is YOU.

logo_insidious.png

INSIDIOUS
Enter “The Further” and travel through all three parts of the Insidious saga. Denizens of the afterlife try to find their way back into the world using the living to guide them. The house isn't haunted--we are.

logo_thepurge.png

THE PURGE
This year's Purge is more brutal than ever. From the moment you step inside the house, dozens of vicious vigilantes will descend upon you as they exercise their right to purge.

logo_werewolf.png

AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON
Step into John Landis' landmark 1981 horror classic. From the attack on the English moors to the bone-crunching transformation, it's one of the most popular houses in Halloween Horror Nights® history.

logo_monstermayhem.png

JACK PRESENTS: 25 YEARS OF MONSTERS AND MAYHEM
Relive the most terrifying moments of the past 25 years as Jack releases our catalogue of creatures in one maze. You'll be attacked by Universal classic monsters, meat-grinding maniacs and the fiends of Horror Nights past.

logo_run.png

RUN: BLOOD, SWEAT, AND FEARS
You’ve just been selected as a contestant on RUN, a brutal TV show where everyday people are stalked by skilled assassins. Just remember: the more horrifying your death, the higher the ratings.

logo_wonderland.png

ASYLUM IN WONDERLAND 3D
Follow the white rabbit through the looking glass and into a murderous 3D Wonderland. Is this world all in Alice's mind or are the images we see real enough to kill us?

logo_bodycollectors.png

BODY COLLECTORS-RECOLLECTIONS
The Body Collectors have returned, descending upon Shadybrook Asylum to collect the human parts they require. Screams echo the hallways as a blizzard rages outside while sharpened blades swirl inside.

SCARE ZONES

PSYCHOSCAREAPY – UNLEASHED
The criminally insane inmates of Shadybrook Asylum have escaped and stumbled upon a Halloween Block party in the streets of New York. They quickly decide they’d kill for some costumes of their own.

ICONS – HHN
The eeriest icons and most cadaverous characters of the last 25 years of Halloween Horror Nights® have returned. The Caretaker, The Storyteller, The Director, The Usher and more are back to relive every monstrous memory.

SCARY TALES – SCREAMPUNK
Classic fairytale characters get a sinister Scary Tale twist immersed in the wicked world of steam punk.

EVIL'S ROOTS
Your darkest fears will take root amidst the perilous paths of Central Park as you face evil fairies, humanoid bats, scarecrows and more horrors.

ALL NITE DIE-IN – DOUBLE FEATURE
The Carey Drive-In movie theatre has been closed for decades after grisly murders during a double feature. It’s lights, camera, carnage as the theater nicknamed “Die-In” by the locals lives up to its name.

SHOWS

logo_billandted.png

BILL & TED'S EXCELLENT HALLOWEEN ADVENTURE
Party on as those two most excellent dudes return to skewer the biggest names in politics, show business and pop culture.

logo_clownface.png

THE CARNAGE RETURNS
Jack the Clown is taking Halloween Horror Nights®back in a blaze of murderous mayhem with his army of feared followers and his companion in carnage, Chance. Remember, Jack always has the last laugh.

Last edited:

JT3000

Yeah, I posted all the attractions the other day in a new thread. Forgot you'd probably just add them to the first post. Whoops.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Yeah, I posted all the attractions the other day in a new thread. Forgot you'd probably just add them to the first post. Whoops.

Sorry, missed your post. Doesn't really matter which we use as long as the info's out there for those who want it.

JT3000

I think the event is skewing too much towards more recent content. Despite this being the third "anniversary" year, there are still a lot of concepts from the earlier years that never got revisited. Based on what I've heard, most of the houses represented in Monsters & Mayhem are from the last five years. Much of the rest of the event is based on past houses/scarezones that either debuted or were already revisited in the span of 2006-2008.

Then we have AWIL, a house from only two years ago that will be reproduced in nearly identical fashion, which is a first. I'm guessing a cost saving measure.

Last edited:

Skip

I think the event is skewing too much towards more recent content. Despite this being the third "anniversary" year, there are still a lot of concepts from the earlier years that never got revisited. Based on what I've heard, most of the houses represented in Monsters & Mayhem are from the last five years. Much of the rest of the event is based on past houses/scarezones that either debuted or were already revisited in the span of 2006-2008.

Then we have AWIL, a house from only two years ago that will be reproduced in nearly identical fashion, which is a first. I'm guessing a cost saving measure.

They still have all of the fresh props, costumes and set pieces from the last five years. And a majority of the "new" wave of fans don't know jack about anything before, say, 2010 with the exception of the main icons - so sticking to the last 5 years (especially 2011) is appealing. Same thing happened in 2010, where they just reused a bunch of 2008 scenes people were clamoring for.

We're at least getting Classic Monsters, which has roots to the very beginning. It'd be really cool if we got a Dungeon of Terror, Ghost Town, or PsychoPath scene.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Well somebody has 'created' a map for this year already. I imagine it's 'speculative' with perhaps some insider tips, and Scream has been replaced by The Purge since it was scrapped. Also the 'Trick or Treaters' scare zone must now be 'Evil's Roots' scare zone. Anyhow if nothing else, it will be interesting to see how accurate it is when it's officially revealed.

HHN%2025%20Speculation%20Map_1.png

matt clark

well... bought my tickets yesterday with the coke discount code i got from retail me not.
im all set to go on saturday october 10th. i had to go on a saturday to get a baby sitter or i would have gone that friday.
i stopped going to HHN for a few years due to how absolutely terrible the alice cooper house was. the only house i really enjoyed that year was the walking dead house. i went to busch gardens for the next 2 years, but they really didnt update anything new the following year.. so im BACK. ive had so many ups and downs with halloween horror nights. The one i attended at islands of adventure was REALLY bad. i think the first year i went was halloween horror nights 5... thats when me parents deemed me old enough. i think the logo had some sort of bird or ravens... but anyhow... i celebrate my 30th birthday october 2nd and this is part of the grand ole party to say goodbye to my youth. over the last 20 years i have been to HHN 10 of those years here and there. i kind of float back and forth between HHN and BG's due to BG having a much cheaper price tag. im really excited about this one with the aspect of bringing back things from the past. even with the discount our tickets were close to $200 a piece with the fast pass. the fast pass being $120 is absolutely uncalled for... how do you charge more for a fast pass than the gate ticket?! Im going to hope for the best here.... hopefully i can get a whole squad of people to go with us. recruiting starts today.

JoeCamel

well... bought my tickets yesterday with the coke discount code i got from retail me not.
im all set to go on saturday october 10th. i had to go on a saturday to get a baby sitter or i would have gone that friday.
i stopped going to HHN for a few years due to how absolutely terrible the alice cooper house was. the only house i really enjoyed that year was the walking dead house. i went to busch gardens for the next 2 years, but they really didnt update anything new the following year.. so im BACK. ive had so many ups and downs with halloween horror nights. The one i attended at islands of adventure was REALLY bad. i think the first year i went was halloween horror nights 5... thats when me parents deemed me old enough. i think the logo had some sort of bird or ravens... but anyhow... i celebrate my 30th birthday october 2nd and this is part of the grand ole party to say goodbye to my youth. over the last 20 years i have been to HHN 10 of those years here and there. i kind of float back and forth between HHN and BG's due to BG having a much cheaper price tag. im really excited about this one with the aspect of bringing back things from the past. even with the discount our tickets were close to $200 a piece with the fast pass. the fast pass being $120 is absolutely uncalled for... how do you charge more for a fast pass than the gate ticket?! Im going to hope for the best here.... hopefully i can get a whole squad of people to go with us. recruiting starts today.

Too late now but you couldn't offer a babysitter $50 more and go Friday the 9th? You would be money ahead than going on a peak - peak night.

mergatroid

Original Poster
! Im going to hope for the best here.... hopefully i can get a whole squad of people to go with us. recruiting starts today.

I'm afraid we're restricted to Sundays, Wednesdays and Thursdays as we have the frequent fear pass so can't join you. God luck with your recruiting though and enjoy.

matt clark

i wish; grandma is watching them for free.
everyone has birthday's in October and I already have my parents watching them another weekend for another event.
Saturday the 10th was literally one of two open dates I could get.
My actual birthday is the 2nd and I have 4 days booked at a resort etc. during that weekend.
I have Piff the Magic dragon ( comedian from Americas got talent) on October 18th weekend.
then of course I have fatherly duties for the children on other weekends.
im sure it wont be TOO bad. The fast passes should help smooth things out.
I doubt we will miss anything.

malice

Has Universal announced the exact closing times for each night of the event, or is it going to be determined the day-of based on crowd level? I couldn't find any info aside from "midnight or 1 AM on select nights".

JT3000

Has Universal announced the exact closing times for each night of the event, or is it going to be determined the day-of based on crowd level? I couldn't find any info aside from "midnight or 1 AM on select nights".

Go to the website and click where it says "Buy Tickets" in the upper right. Clicking through the calendar will give you each date's hours. Midnight closures have actually been eliminated this year, with every night being open until 1:00 or 2:00.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Anyone know how busy Cowfish will be around 9pm on a Sunday night during HHN, was hoping to go on the way out but don't fancy a long wait?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom