Any news about Morimoto's new restaurant?

Keppyslinger

Original Poster
hello everyone!
My wife and I are planning a trip to Disney World in October and I was wondering if any one has heard if Morimoto's new place will be open?

We are also wondering if there has been any news as to whether it will be part of the dining plan.

Thanks in advance!

pajammies

I did not realize that was to be open by summer, do you know when they are saying the other one is to be opened (can't think of the name, but looks like steam punk)

Keppyslinger

Original Poster
For those who are watching for the opening of Morimoto's new restaurant in Downtown Disney, I saw some news!

They have adds out to hire staff, and in the postings. They mentioned a September. Opening!

Now the question is "When will they take reservations?"

BillyBuff

Can't wait! I hope it lives up to its hype as I have visited the other Morimoto locations and the food was so awesome!

On a side note, I got a chance to meet Morimoto himself by accidentally stepping on his foot during an event at his restaurant. He laughed it off since I was just doing my job as the photographer.

Keppyslinger

Original Poster
For those who are watching for the opening of Morimoto's new restaurant in Downtown Disney, I saw some news!

They have adds out to hire staff, and in the postings. They mentioned a September. Opening!

Now the question is "When will they take reservations?"

Just saw an article in the Orlando Sentinal that says the restaurant is opening on Sept 30. Reservations can be made starting on Sept 16th, but you will have to go through "Open Table" to get them. Reservations through Disney can not be made until after Oct 1.

Has anyone used Open Table before?

Kat326

Just saw an article in the Orlando Sentinal that says the restaurant is opening on Sept 30. Reservations can be made starting on Sept 16th, but you will have to go through "Open Table" to get them. Reservations through Disney can not be made until after Oct 1.

Has anyone used Open Table before?

My family & I use Open Table all the time for our local area (we're DC-based). It's pretty simple to use! Just choose the restaurant & time period, then pick an available slot & enter your info! If you have an account it's a bonus, because you earn points, and after a certain amount of points you get a gift certificate!

Keppyslinger

Original Poster
My family & I use Open Table all the time for our local area (we're DC-based). It's pretty simple to use! Just choose the restaurant & time period, then pick an available slot & enter your info! If you have an account it's a bonus, because you earn points, and after a certain amount of points you get a gift certificate!

Are the reservations anything like Fastpass +?

What I mean is if they start taking reservations on 09/16 can I make that reservation at 12:01 AM on 09/16 or can I wait until more regular business hours?

shipley731

I'm really intrigued to see the menu for this place. As I understand it, this will be different from his Morimoto locations. DH & I ate in the Waikiki location last year & were completely underwhelmed. They were out of the first 3 items we tried to order & the server was indifferent & slow. (It wasn't even a really late reservation- 7:30. If he had let us know what they were out of at the beginning it wouldn't have been so bad. We were seated with menus, had our drink orders taken & then the sever disappeared for 20 minutes. They were also only about half full.).
Sorry for the mini rant. I really want to give them another chance as I love to watch Morimoto on TV.

Hockey89

I'm really intrigued to see the menu for this place. As I understand it, this will be different from his Morimoto locations. DH & I ate in the Waikiki location last year & were completely underwhelmed. They were out of the first 3 items we tried to order & the server was indifferent & slow. (It wasn't even a really late reservation- 7:30. If he had let us know what they were out of at the beginning it wouldn't have been so bad. We were seated with menus, had our drink orders taken & then the sever disappeared for 20 minutes. They were also only about half full.).
Sorry for the mini rant. I really want to give them another chance as I love to watch Morimoto on TV.
I ate at the one in Vegas and it was very good... Great service.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom