Youtuber Hates Disneyland (and is "Harassed")

Stevek

She's a hideous, self-entitled internet troll and just another youtuber trying to gain fame by being controversial. Thank the Kardashian's (in my Judy Dench Spaceship Earth voice)

I actually posted a response to it on her channel but it's not appropriate to repost here.

Last edited:

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Funny how the entire day was recorded on video, but the one actual objectionable thing (the CM swearing about how rude they were) wasn't shown. :rolleyes: Even if the CM did say it, I agree with her... but you gotta keep a sock in it until you're sure the guest/customer can't hear you.

9 times out of 10 that's never shown and it's only a story to get people to feel sorry for them.

Pixie VaVoom

I find it particularly confounding that first she was upset they were offering a fastpass, then was upset when they didn't give her a fastpass...

Hopefully she never visits WDW...ADRs and FP+ would blow her small mind. :p

I kind of hope she DOES visit WDW, AND get her mind blown!! Maybe then we can start from scratch and build this person into something actually useful to the rest of humanity !!

sheriffwoody

I couldn't make it past a few minutes...but from what I could tell, she might be getting a little too dramatic about it. Anytime I'm in line for something and it clearly is having issues, I just hop out of line and come back another time. Not such a hard thing to do!

What did the cast member say to her? (since I couldn't make it that far...)

TP2000

This is a 20 year old girl acting like a 5 year old girl who got her cookie taken away at snack time.

It's sad to watch this girl's video because it speaks poorly of the Kardashian society we are becoming, or that too many of us are tolerating.

But where she stepped over the line is when she began a public campaign to have this Disneyland ride operator fired. Like a 5 year old beginning a national campaign to fire her teacher when the cookie was taken away at snack time.

Cosmic Commando

This is a 20 year old girl acting like a 5 year old girl who got her cookie taken away at snack time.

It's sad to watch this girl's video because it speaks poorly of the Kardashian society we are becoming, or that too many of us are tolerating.

But where she stepped over the line is when she began a public campaign to have this Disneyland ride operator fired. Like a 5 year old beginning a national campaign to fire her teacher when the cookie was taken away at snack time.
There have always been kooks; her actions don't make me fear for society. What does, however, is the fact that the videos overwhelmingly have more "thumbs-ups" than "thumbs-downs". It's one thing for an idiot to exist out there... it's another thing when the general public can't recognize said idiot. :banghead:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
There have always been kooks; her actions don't make me fear for society. What does, however, is the fact that the videos overwhelmingly have more "thumbs-ups" than "thumbs-downs". It's one thing for an idiot to exist out there... it's another thing when the general public can't recognize said idiot. :banghead:
Yeap.

flynnibus

Premium Member
we put idiots on pedestals to be mocked.. in turn giving them the very attention they seek. Then people try to be controversial to create noise and be mentioned.. and then in turn.. draw attention to themselves.

These knuckleheads get 'famous' because we as a whole won't ignore these folks because the mob wants the drama to be entertained. Add in our PC desires to be inclusive of everyone and then we have a whole other avenue for people to seek attention.

These people are on the news because the mob as a whole is even dumber than those people playing the system to their advantage.

Look away people.. just look away.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
But.. But... Disneyland SCHOOLED her XD
http://i.imgur.com/E2uyzwZ.png
I know, saw that.

I think that was a fake account set up by someone, frankly.

1) I don't see Disney's Social Media team responding to stuff like this in that manner
2) The account was created only a few days after her video was uploaded (it's not even a long standing account)
3) There is no content on it
4) The Twitter Accounts linked with Disney haven't responded to her campaign or reached out to her there.

So...while it is telling she deleted that post, I also don't think it's genuine Disney...but, hey, could be wrong!

Eric The Disnerd

I know, saw that.

1) I don't see Disney's Social Media team responding to stuff like this in that manner
2) The account was created only a few days after her video was uploaded (it's not even a long standing account)
4) The Twitter Accounts linked with Disney haven't responded to her campaign or reached out to her there.

So...while it is telling she deleted that post, I also don't think it's genuine Disney...but, hey, could be wrong!
I'm suspicious too. But still, if this is real they schooled her a**!

TP2000

I know, saw that.

Plus, Disneyland has never called its guests "customers", nor have they ever had a department called "customer support".

It was a fake response not from Disney.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
Yeah, don't think that really helped her cause. Rebecca could have still given her a FP but the boyfriend started things off on the wrong foot. She's still as spoiled, entitled troll.
I think I've gotten the issue.

1) Most of her followers are 12 - 13 years old
2) She has a mentality that appeals to that age group
3) She still got her "FP"...but what people miss in this interaction (who are NOT 12 - 13 years old) is that ride ops is much different from retail or restaurant jobs. If the ride is down, they want to clear the ride. Sitting here with some self-entitled person who wants to discuss it isn't in the cards. We don't know why the ride went down, it could have been a variety of things from mechanical issues to a medical emergency...but for them to tie up the queue and block traffic flow to exit the ride to debate a FP is a bad idea, and probably where some of the attitude from the CMs comes from (and I will admit, they were a bit short with her).

I don't take issue that she posted a video on youtube complaining about her experience...heck, I've complained on this site about experiences with CMs. But I NEVER use their names, I NEVER single them out. It's because there may be more going on than I am privy too...that doesn't invalidate their actions to me, and it likewise doesn't mean that I am not due my own opinion about how it was handled.

Had she posted a video complaining about how it was handled, fine. But she went far beyond that.

What I take particular issue with is that she has singled out this CM with a twitter hashtag using this girls NAME and seems to still be egging on a campaign to get this poor girl fired.

If she had said "lets start a group saying #DisneylandSucks" I wouldn't care.

But that isn't what she did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom