Fantastic Four

doctornick

I'm not really sure why Marvel would entertain any negotiations unless they think Fox is dumb enough to intentionally try to further erode the Fantastic Four brand with more poor films. Marvel has plenty of films slated with the luxury of being able to just wait it out. Disney wanted the Spider-Man movies to continue because they pretty much gave those rights to Sony in exchange for their respective merchandise rights.

Really, it's not so much the FF, but the ancillary characters. The cosmic characters like Silver Surfer, Galactus, The Watcher, Super-Skrull, Kang, etc. are all good potential fodder for future films after Phase 3 ends. Sure, getting the FF would be good as well, but I don't think they'd be as key to future stories as the other characters.

That said, would like to see a Hulk vs Thing battle on screen someday.

Matt_Black

Original Poster
IS Kang tied up with the FF license? He always struck me as a general MU villain, not one specific to the FF the way that Doctor Doom or others are.

doctornick

IS Kang tied up with the FF license? He always struck me as a general MU villain, not one specific to the FF the way that Doctor Doom or others are.

It strikes me as odd, but it's been reported that Fox owns him due to the FF. I associate him much more as a Avengers villain but he did make his first appearance with the FF.

TB4244

Well, although not directly linked to the movie rights, Kang wasn't included on the 'off limits' list
To quote the Marvel letter to its artists:

All Marvel characters related to Fantastic Four are now off limits and will be immediately rejected by Marvel
This includes, but is not limited to:
Mr. Fantastic
Invisible Woman
Thing
Human Torch
Doctor Doom
Galactus
Silver Surfer
The Watcher
Skrulls
Etc...any derivative. If in doubt, please draw something else.

So maybe he's ok?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Given the abysmal critical and audience reception combined with the very low box office thus far, what do you think the future holds for Marvel's First Family? Will Fox try and reboot it, possibly with the one guy they work with who knows how to make a good comic book movie, Bryan Singer? Will they try for a deal with Disney/ Marvel similar to Sony's? Does anyone even care at this point?
I'd love to see Marvel get them back and do a New Avengers / Illuminati arc. Stark, Black Bolt, Dr. Strange, Reed, Namor (whose rights are disputed), T'Challa, Banner, and maybe Pym. They'd be without Beast or Xavier but neither are critical to that arc.

Related but separately, I really hope they're able to get Namor back. He's the natural antagonist for the Black Panther movie and the MCU's main weak spot has been villain development.

newavengersv3007-000bus0r.jpg

Matt_Black

Original Poster
Apparently, there was an interview with Kevin Feige where he says they. KIND OF have the movie rights to Namor. Who knows exactly what that means....

doctornick

Apparently, there was an interview with Kevin Feige where he says they. KIND OF have the movie rights to Namor. Who knows exactly what that means....

I believe the rights for Namor are similar to those of the Hulk -- Marvel Studios has the production rights, but Universal retains the distribution rights (or at least some portion thereof). Marvel could make a Namor film if they wanted, but wouldn't keep all of the profits, basically, so they are focusing on properties they completely control.

Matt_Black

Original Poster
Oh, is that why they haven't made more Hulk movies? I was wondering what was keeping me from getting a Grey Hulk flick!

Twilight_Roxas

So anyone have thoughts of Jennifer Morrison portraying Susan Storm/The Invisible Woman if Marvel gets the film rights to include her in Agents of shield?

Twilight_Roxas

Jennifer Morrison is the lead on Once Upon A Time. I doubt she will be able to do much filming for other shows.
Guest starring In a show that is in the same channel of another show. Plus she voice Wasp in Marvel Super Hero Squad before Disney bought Marvel. So her portraying Susan Storm wouldn't be hard.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
There were rumors going around that Sam Jackson was going to guest star on the show at some point a while back. Besides, theyre not being thrown into a tv series if it's a GUEST STAR role. Keywords being GUEST STAR.

doctornick

There were rumors going around that Sam Jackson was going to guest star on the show at some point a while back. Besides, theyre not being thrown into a tv series if it's a GUEST STAR role. Keywords being GUEST STAR.

Samuel Jackson did guest star on Agents of Shield in the first season.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom