In-room Celebrations

Tessaf

Original Poster
I have been looking at possibly ordering an in-room celebration for my kids as a surprise and I am looking for some feedback/reviews. I was looking at either doing a Welcome to Disney or Mickey's Spooktacular Celebration. Is it really worth the $400+ cost?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Yes they are worth it! We have used Disney Florist numerous times to include one of the In Room Celebrations "From Mickey and Minnie with love" I believe it was called.
If you add up everything they include it easily is worth the price! You get numerous items they sell in the parks for ones you mentioned and just that alone could add up to the price of buying those items yourself in the parks.
Also included in all of those types of packages is several items you cannot buy in the parks like special pillow cases, banners, and an actual personalized To:/From: written autograph with a short note on a nice matting around a picture of the characters if I remember right. Could be framed with how they provide it to you.
Some people will tell you it's not worth the money but for us it was soo worh it! They set up the room very nicely and their customer service is wonderful. They can personalize every package to your requests like taking things out, changing out something for something else, adding items. Also they can actually personalize with names on certain items in every package.
If you don't want to spend $400 there is many other options of things you can get for cheaper with them. Also you can totally customize something and make your own package.
I have used them I think 4 times now for different occasions and spent under $100 to over $400. :)

Tessaf

Original Poster
I appreciate all of your information! I was just worried that what a person recieved wouldn't add up close to what they charge, or that I couldn't change anything. Especially since I have 2 girls so I would want the In-room celebration to have double of certain items. Which is an added cost that I would be willing to pay. I love knowing that we can get some things that you can't get any other way.
Thank you again!

sxeensweet

I appreciate all of your information! I was just worried that what a person recieved wouldn't add up close to what they charge, or that I couldn't change anything. Especially since I have 2 girls so I would want the In-room celebration to have double of certain items. Which is an added cost that I would be willing to pay. I love knowing that we can get some things that you can't get any other way.
Thank you again!
Your very welcome!! If you have any questions just call their number and someone can answer any and all questions you have like what exactly is included, and how much it would be to add things etc that you would want. They are very helpful.
Oh and I think one of the packages or both actually, you mentioned comes with a special blanket/throw as well that can be embroidered with their names if you want. You cannot find those blankets in the parks etc that I have ever seen. Just remembered about that item.
Our package had two personalized large spa quality bath towels (with a elegant discreet Mickey silhouette in light gray On a white background) that I have never seem in the parks or any store with me and my husband's name on either one. So we still have them.
Your packages don't have those of course(more Themed for an adult package) but just letting you know the items included in all of their packages can make great keepsakes. We also still also have our signed Mickey and Minnie matted print that told us Happy Anniversary, etc and Love Minnie and Mickey. It is so cool they sign/autograph and write them to whoever you specify with a marker and its not some pre printed sentiment. The attention to detail was wonderful every time we used them. The stuffed animals included in those you are considering are sold in the parks so you know they are more expensive than any ones coming from outside the parks.
I may even do the Halloween one you are considering for me and the hubby's upcoming trip in Oct. I almost did it last year but decided not to and save a little but may consider again this year.
Whatever you choose with them I am sure you all will love it especially your girls. Their faces and reactions will be worth the costs! :D:joyfull:

coachwnh

I have been looking at possibly ordering an in-room celebration for my kids as a surprise and I am looking for some feedback/reviews. I was looking at either doing a Welcome to Disney or Mickey's Spooktacular Celebration. Is it really worth the $400+ cost?

Not sure which trip report, but "I THINK" @coachwnh did this for one of their trips and has pics in a trip report. He might be able to point you towards that TR so you can see all that they do. I recall that it was very cool.

Yes @HouCuseChickie , my wife arranged for the in-room celebrations for birthdays, Halloween, and Christmas. The kids love it. I cant remeber the titles of the reports and I'm about to head out to work. Ill look up the reports and try to post pictures of each later.

And @Tessaf , I would recommend them. The kids were so excited to get back and see the room decorated!

Tessaf

Original Poster
Yes @HouCuseChickie , my wife arranged for the in-room celebrations for birthdays, Halloween, and Christmas. The kids love it. I cant remeber the titles of the reports and I'm about to head out to work. Ill look up the reports and try to post pictures of each later.

And @Tessaf , I would recommend them. The kids were so excited to get back and see the room decorated!

Thank you for your advice!

coachwnh

The sign at our door. Whats inside?

IMG_0076.JPG

The back of the door
IMG_0087.JPG

Some of the decorations (the room was dark - the flash makes it look much lighter than it really was) There were glow in the dark clues we had to follow (like a scavenger hunt)

IMG_0081.JPG

We actually doubled the package so we had two of everything (autograph books, stuffed characters, pillow cases, etc)

You can see some of the clue cards in this picture
IMG_0077.JPG

IMG_0082.JPG

IMG_0083.JPG

IMG_0086.JPG

Mickey and MInnie are wearing light-up lanyards
IMG_0084.JPG

IMG_0085.JPG

IMG_0089.JPG

Last edited:

MickeyMomV

Does anybody know how far in advance you have to order this and when it is delivered to your room?

We are going with some friends next month and on the day we arrive we are heading right over for MNSSHP and I wanted to get their kids the Halloween package with trick-or-treat bags. We will be checking in around 3 or so. Do you think it will be at the room when we check in?

sxeensweet

Does anybody know how far in advance you have to order this and when it is delivered to your room?

We are going with some friends next month and on the day we arrive we are heading right over for MNSSHP and I wanted to get their kids the Halloween package with trick-or-treat bags. We will be checking in around 3 or so. Do you think it will be at the room when we check in?
You have to already be checked in for them to do it usually. I know for us they did them on the 1st nights we were there AFTER we checked in later in the evening before we came back for the night. I would call them to see if it can be arranged to be done before you check in. Also usually you can book them as late as 72 hours prior I believe for the big packages. Don't quote me on that as it had been a few years since my last one. They are really great to answer all questions when you call for information. :)

MickeyMomV

You have to already be checked in for them to do it usually. I know for us they did them on the 1st nights we were there AFTER we checked in later in the evening before we came back for the night. I would call them to see if it can be arranged to be done before you check in. Also usually you can book them as late as 72 hours prior I believe for the big packages. Don't quote me on that as it had been a few years since my last one. They are really great to answer all questions when you call for information. :)
I wonder if online check in would work? Or if you have to actually be there and get your room key first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom