The most powerful/emotional songs in Disney's animated features?

ShoalFox

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
More specifically, what songs will always without fail bring you to tears, give you goosebumps, or give you chills?

For me, the waterworks start when I hear Part of Your World, A Whole New World, or Circle of Life.

As for pure power and chills, it's the reprise of Circle of Life at the end of The Lion King as Simba ascends Pride Rock to claim his throne.

And now I ask you, what songs do you find the most emotional or powerful in Disney's animated features.

kap91

For me it's Out There from hunchback - the whole thing is just so powerful - how it starts out so dark and small and grows and grows and grows.

Of course there's so many others I could mention but I'd be here all night.

prberk

"Feed the Birds" (Mary Poppins) -- Walt's personal favorite for a reason.

"Candle On the Water" (Pete's Dragon) is an affecting song as well.

"The Second Star to the Right" (Peter Pan)

The scene where darkness becomes light, "Night on Bald Mountain" becoming "Ave Maria," in Fantasia.

Figments Friend

When i think of 'powerful emotional songs', these come to mind -

'A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes' - from 'Cinderella'

"Part Of Your World' ( Reprise ) - from 'The Little Mermaid'

'The Circle of Life' - from 'The Lion King'

'Go The Distance' - from 'Hercules'

Dafid Duck

"My Own Home" from the end of the Jungle Book. My mother in law and my daughter have declared it "their" song. They have been singing it together for years. Now that we just dropped her off at college, I'm not sure how I'm going to react when I hear it the next time.

Haymarket2008

The majority of the Hunchback score is incredibly powerful and deeply moving. That would be my overall pick. But individual songs would be Out There from Hunchback, Feed the Birds from Poppins, When You Wish Upon A Star from Pinocchio, and for nostalgic reasons Some Day My Prince Will Come from Snow White

fractal

My son was a "late bloomer" and got picked on often in Middle School. He's now taller than me and swimming at Penn State on a partial scholarship. For that reason "Son of Man" from Tarzan always gets me choked up. It was also his favorite Disney movie.

DisneyPrincess5

"When She Loved Me" from Toy Story 2 kills me-so much so that I will not listen to it!
Notable emotional favorites of mine are "Second Star to the Right", "Someday My Prince Will Come", "When You Wish Upon a Star", "Golden Dream" from the American Adventure", and so many more.

rreading

Agree with pretty much all of the above (esp Baby Mine &Hunchback). Mulan's decision was also a great call!

I'd contribute that Meg's song in Hercules (I won't say) makes the movie real to me - it's otherwise pleasantly goofy.

And from left field: the final refrain of "Barking at the Moon" from Bolt that closes it. "...no home like the one you've got, cause that one belongs to you". My kids watch that movie and I'll overhear it and it gets me every time!

ShoalFox

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
the song the old lady sings to Todd in Fox & Hound
The song you're thinking about is Goodbye May Seem Forever. I seem to be the only person who doesn't cry at that movie, or any sad movie for that matter. Then again, I love that movie which is obvious since Tod is my avatar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom