Pre-Trip Those banked points aren’t going to use themselves Part II: Code Name DMCA

Cast:
DW(Laura)
57427a0ae603405765a27b0e1653c983.jpg

Me(Sean)
0D96C863-0B98-4FD8-8FAD-B9AEFB57A31E.jpg

Where:
AKL Jambo 1-bedroom for 2 nights
Disney Dream for 3 nights
Bay Lake Tower for one night
When:
September 16-22
What:
Operation DMCA

Prologue:
For those interested, part 1 with the banked points back story can be found here and followed up here:

This fall will mark seventeen years of marital bliss to my best friend. Lots of back story of here
and I won’t throw it all at you again but long story short; my wife sat in front of me in the 5th grade and I think that is pretty awesome! Anyway, we had a blast this time last year when we embarked, get it embarked, on a trip that included our very first cruise, read more about that here.

I was never one for the boat idea and was against it for so long but my better half wore me down and I am hooked, this stuff just writes itself! When we left we decided that we would be back on the boat and bring the DD too! So a few months later we had a nice April 2016 booked for the family, hooray! Fast forward a few more months and we’re hip deep in DVC resale purchasing and planning our next anniversary trip with these banked points we have. No talk of a boat trip, just a week-ish stay around our Fall teaching schedule. The plan is set, when we hit the 7month mark we will try to nab some split stay action and see what resorts we can get for fun. This is where I saw my opening!

Operation DMCA

1,000 internet points for why I used “DMCA” in all my file folder, calendar reminder, and email subject naming during this operation.
My opening was there! There would have to come a point during our stay where we would be changing our resorts and THAT is where it would happen! “What would happen” you say? Well that is where I would slyly make my way to Osceola parkway, hop on I-4 and make that right on 528 towards The Dream. THAT is where I would drop the bomb! We’re heading to the boat! It was early February and I had an abstract plan that needs fine tuning. I quickly made a checklist of what needed to happen:
How to get DD’s approval so she doesn’t blow a stack when she finds out we’re going to WDW without her.
How to covertly pay for this without raising suspicion.
How to get DW’s mom in on it so she can watch DD while we are gone.
How to get all the boat needs into our luggage without raising suspicion(passport, fancy clothes for Palo, beach attire,etc.)

So I have a rough plan, time to take action…

Last edited:

sheriffwoody

I decided to get one for him. :) We each have a card for the same account, so I'm crossing my fingers that only one of them gets changed, since I like mine with Mickey & Pals.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
20150802_103310.jpg

Getting closer, two weeks from tomorrow! Incidentally, tomorrow marks exactly three weeks of waiting on ROFR on our DVC resale add on, lots of exciting Disney Dust floating around the household...

We still have some lunches up in the air, any thoughts on Chefs de France for lunch? Still thinking we'll do Il Mulino and probably Sanaa.

Also, still no takers on DMCA?!?! I figured enough Easter eggs had been dropped that the power of Google could have solved it. Its a complete dork move but I liked it.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
None whatsoever! just took your advice and googled it :bookworm:

Ok, here’s the low down. So I teach a computer ethics course here at the university I work for. Naturally one of the chapters covers Intellectual property. So we're moving along and I’m telling them all about copyrights, infringements, Metallica, Pirate Bay, and so on when we get to DMCA. DMCA is divided into five pieces most all of which are pertaining to technology and copyrights until you get to Title V of the act: Vessel Hull Protection. Its seems up until 1998 boat hull designs were not covered under any copyright law. Anyway, it always struck me odd that they included boat hull designs in something called the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. So I thought “Crusie…Boat…Boat Hull…DMCA” :D Lame I know but:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
We had heard of that and you're right the prospect of the credit sounds pretty good. Any idea how long the pitch lasts?

Its so simple and yet soooooo good! I tried making homemade POG a few months ago to mix with the rum and it just wasn't the same, can't wait to mix up some more!

The DVC pitch is a lot of fun, free cocktails, the chance to win some DVC swag (and the big drawing for the onboard credit), and you still have plenty of time to make the Sail Away Party. You should definitely check it out.

Got some mail today:
20150824_200218-1.jpg

20150824_200346-1.jpg

I'm working now on moving around our ADRs. Going to move Jiko to Tuesday and Shula's to Wednesday. Thinking about adding Il Mulino and Chefs de France for lunch too.

Just ordered the Droids Visa card for hubs over the weekend. And I can definitely recommend Il Mulino, we had a wonderful dinner there a couple years ago and in fact just booked it for our November trip.

20150802_103310.jpg

Getting closer, two weeks from tomorrow! Incidentally, tomorrow marks exactly three weeks of waiting on ROFR on our DVC resale add on, lots of exciting Disney Dust floating around the household...

We still have some lunches up in the air, any thoughts on Chefs de France for lunch? Still thinking we'll do Il Mulino and probably Sanaa.

Also, still no takers on DMCA?!?! I figured enough Easter eggs had been dropped that the power of Google could have solved it. Its a complete dork move but I liked it.

Have also eaten lunch at Chefs de France and would recommend it. Good lunch menu, a variety of light meals but I was unable to resist getting the salmon over lentils, which was delicious, but a heavy dish for a hot afternoon. Good thing we went straight from lunch to the car for the airport.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
The DVC pitch is a lot of fun, free cocktails, the chance to win some DVC swag (and the big drawing for the onboard credit), and you still have plenty of time to make the Sail Away Party. You should definitely check it out.
Thanks for the feedback! We're leaning towards it heavily.
Just ordered the Droids Visa card for hubs over the weekend. And I can definitely recommend Il Mulino, we had a wonderful dinner there a couple years ago and in fact just booked it for our November trip.
Nice CC choice! We've had two dinner's at IM and loved it, we believe its one of the hidden gems of Disney dining since it has not been corrupted by the dining plan. This would be our first lunch though.
Have also eaten lunch at Chefs de France and would recommend it. Good lunch menu, a variety of light meals but I was unable to resist getting the salmon over lentils, which was delicious, but a heavy dish for a hot afternoon. Good thing we went straight from lunch to the car for the airport.
:D I thought the lunch menu looked good too. Since we would be kid free for this trip, probably the most finicky eater in our group, it would be a good time to give it a go.

ScarletBegonias

Such a bummer that they ruined your surprise. That could have been SO awesome to read about. (sorry to bring it up again!)
However, now she has something to look forward too, and planning together is fun!

Looking forward to hearing more!

catmom46

Ok, here’s the low down. So I teach a computer ethics course here at the university I work for. Naturally one of the chapters covers Intellectual property. So we're moving along and I’m telling them all about copyrights, infringements, Metallica, Pirate Bay, and so on when we get to DMCA. DMCA is divided into five pieces most all of which are pertaining to technology and copyrights until you get to Title V of the act: Vessel Hull Protection. Its seems up until 1998 boat hull designs were not covered under any copyright law. Anyway, it always struck me odd that they included boat hull designs in something called the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. So I thought “Crusie…Boat…Boat Hull…DMCA” :D Lame I know but:

Ugh, I would have won long ago because I Googled it first, but then when you said it had nothing to do with computers I thought maybe you made up your own acronym using the same letters! Didn't get far enough in the text to read about the boat stuff. Do I still win a chicken dinner, too?? :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom