UPS or USPS for Magic Bands?

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Can someone tell me if the Magic Bands are sent via USPS or UPS? Our UPS delivery guy sucks and we're convinced that the UPS sorting facility closest to us is the portal to hell, so we try to avoid it whenever possible. Everything else Disney has sent has come via USPS, so hopefully that will be the case for the bands as well? Thanks!

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

Thankfully my UPS guy is a Disney fan so we talk Disney for a few minutes when he delivers.

One of my friends used to drive for them and there were many stories told........
ups-van-crash.jpg

DaisyDoesDisney

Can someone tell me if the Magic Bands are sent via USPS or UPS? Our UPS delivery guy sucks and we're convinced that the UPS sorting facility closest to us is the portal to hell, so we try to avoid it whenever possible. Everything else Disney has sent has come via USPS, so hopefully that will be the case for the bands as well? Thanks!
HAHAHA. Your UPS situation sounds like our situation with FedEx. There are actually online sites that I will not order from solely because they only offer FedEx for delivery. I guess it just depends on where you live.
.......and like @lostpro9het already stated, they always come USPS. I'm pretty sure they're shipped priority too because you can track the package and it arrives quickly.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I have had issues with all three! UPS FEDEX, and USPS!! Actually for me USPS IS THE WORST!! Many damaged packages, leaving them In the rain at the edge of my front porch(when I do have plenty covered area on my front porch) etc etc! They have even bent my D23 collector magazine in half in the hard cardboard package it's sent in to protect it, just so they did not have to walk to my front door many times, and with other packages even in bright sunshine with no rain in sight!!! No reason not to walk it to my front door!! My post office I am constantly complaining for numerous issues almost weekly most often mail and packages going to the wrong house, and damaged items. Some I know is just my post office BUT some is just from the shipping getting damaged like big gaping holes/gashes in packages by the time it gets to me which is not post office specific etc. Okay rant over for now. :(

sxeensweet

Thanks for the feedback guys. It's really helped ease my mind.

Meant to add yes it will be coming USPS like others noted. I have not had my magic band boxes ever damaged yet thankfully. Sorry to tell you my horrible problems with USPS. Lol. I hope you have a wonderful trip!!! :)

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Meant to add yes it will be coming USPS like others noted. I have not had my magic band boxes ever damaged yet thankfully. Sorry to tell you my horrible problems with USPS. Lol. I hope you have a wonderful trip!!! :)
No worries; I could definitely exchange horror stories, but regarding UPS for us. Sometimes, you just need to vent! Thanks for the help!

sxeensweet

No worries; I could definitely exchange horror stories, but regarding UPS for us. Sometimes, you just need to vent! Thanks for the help!
Your very welcome! I have had some I can trade about UPS/FEDEX as well but won't get into those either. Haha! :)

sxeensweet

The thing I find funny about this is usually I get my magic bands and 2-3 days later I get the email saying they are on the way with a tracking number. :) The first time I thought I might get an extra set. Now I just hit delete.
Yep that happens to me every time too. I tend to get all emails from Disney Destinations several days late for whatever reason. Even get the ones late telling me to online check in, do Fast Passes, and the ones about making dining reservations etc. It's a good thing I keep up with my day counts myself. Lol :confused:

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Yep that happens to me every time too. I tend to get all emails from Disney Destinations several days late for whatever reason. Even get the ones late telling me to online check in, do Fast Passes, and the ones about making dining reservations etc. It's a good thing I keep up with my day counts myself. Lol :confused:
That happened to me too. My Fast Pass day was the 20th of last month, and I got my Fast Pass email on the 23rd. The thing that came in the mail didn't arrive until the 25th. I had to lol because it was almost a week late.

Last edited:

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Being a USPS letter carrier, I have to say that delivering magic bands is one of my favorite things. I find myself needing to know all the details of their trip. I try not to be too much a pest.
I like my mail carrier, so if he asked, I certainly wouldn't mind. That and I love talking about Disney :) Delivering Magic Bands must give such an awesome feeling, because you know the person is going to be ecstatic when they get them!

LdyApxr

My mailman hates me..... Well not me specifically, just my 85yr old house with a door slot. LOL He always has to knock if there is a package(which seems kind of silly because it takes me all of 10secs to get to my door) and has often taken it back to the postal office stating I was not home. I have no life, I am a stay at home, hermit mom so that is pretty much bs. LOL My UPS guy does not ever bother knocking, he just throws things over my back fence and I have asked him not to since I have five large dogs and the last thing he chucked over my fence was a tiffany lamp and it broke. :( This is not the shot put people! I just try my best that when I know a package is arriving that day I open my front blinds so I can see who comes to the front door.

My husband used to be a letter carrier and man the stories he could tell! LOL Like the dogs that he could hear shredding the mail after he would put it through the slot and then the customer would complain that he let the dogs get their mail.... LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom