The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Science was a no brainer, they're always at the top of their grade in that subject and they want to keep it that way, he's been friends with the girl on the bus since before they started school, her grandparents live down the street from me and his lunch buddy is the ultimate tom boy, no to mention big time Disney fan. Last year that would have been my response but this year he's already talking about going to dances:cautious: I'm not exactly happy I'm no longer his favorite girl.:(
You will always be his favourite girl

Until a girl makes him a real red velvet cake [/SPOILER

Goofyernmost

It's called the Dunning Kruger effect. A relatively unskilled person will rate their skill level higher than it is, while a very skilled person will rate theirs as lower than it is, thinking that if it's easy for them, it must be easy for everyone. So Kanye thinks he's amazing, when really, there are much more talented musicians out there...he has no idea that he's a joke to most people. And then other, more talented musicians think it's easy for everyone and underestimate their own ability. The Kanyes of the world go around acting superior, with an actual belief that they are, and they seek attention and praise, and they get a lot of negative attention/ get laughed at by people who see them for what they truly are. The more talented/skilled people don't realize there is anything special about them, so they are more humble and not seeking attention and praise, because they don't think they deserve that attention and praise. Or that's how I understand it anyway. Fascinating stuff, psychology.
What about those of us that think we are great, want the attention badly and actually are great. What category do we fall under. (other then Great) :angelic:

betty rose

I've noticed it's so much more relaxed over here. I remember my mom having to sign in to drop something off if I forgot it, or when I came back to visit from college, I had to sign in to visit my favorite teacher. Over here, I just walk into the school and no one bats an eye. But then, there's no front desk with a secretary, etc like there always was in the US. Half the time, you walk in and no one even sees you because all the kids and teachers are in class, the principal has a couple of different schools, so he's not always at ours, and the support staff is only like 3 people who are generally busy doing their jobs, so there's no one to ask you to sign in anywhere. But then, I'm also on the booster club (I guess that's the equivalent), so I'm often at the school for meetings to plan activities, or to decorate the entrance hall, etc, and the staff all know me. But I don't think anyone else ever gets questioned, either.
Coming from Colorado, where the Columbine shootings happened. Every school in our area, has locks on the doors, with a buzzer to be allowed in. Then you can come in if, the school is expecting you. After that you sign in, and get a name tag. This happens even when attending school events. Oh, that was in elementary school. I don't know about middle school and high school.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom