Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

matt9112

I really don't understand what the problem is? They're just trees. At least we have the castle to look at. Personally I'd rather see the Disney castle in Disney rather than some trees.

The point is Disney USED to care about those little things. The things most guests. (Like ypurself) won't care about but that DO make a difference. Regardless I think the best argument for trees is the rampant use of umbrellas in broad daylight.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
The point is Disney USED to care about those little things. The things most guests. (Like ypurself) won't care about but that DO make a difference. Regardless I think the best argument for trees is the rampant use of umbrellas in broad daylight.

They still care about the look of the hub. That is evident in many of the features in this redesign. But of course, if it does not involve giant trees, it is still just garbage to many.

trevorfs

I agree that trees would be nice but it's not going to make me stop going to disney world and giant trees are just too much. I thought that the trees in the concept art video for the new hub were perfect size but then they used dainty little shrubs. A little taller than the lampposts are perfect size in my opinion

Goofyernmost

The area without trees or the area with trees is a personal liking. Can you imagine how messed up things would be if everyone's little desire is classified as "care about little things". You like it with trees. Others like it without trees. Apparently, for whatever purpose Disney has they have decided that without will serve the "little things needs" of more then those of the other way of thinking. Not everyone's "little things" are the same.

It's already been stated over and over and over and over, by the same people, how terrible it is that the trees are gone. They've been gone before, things will change over the years, it's not your personal park, it needs to serve the masses. One person does not the masses make. Rampant use of umbrellas? A little hyperbole there don't you think. So the solution to that would be to not allow those people in the park so all those with an anti umbrella, anti scooter, anti stroller, anti anything new, mindset can enjoy the parks the way the God and Walt and you personally planned it.

What they have done with the Hub area is different, no argument there, but, to some different means bad. That is not the case as far as I can see. Boo Hoo they took out a tree! Get over it. Tree's are a detail of a specific plan. The new specific plan didn't include them as a detail. Well, they did actually, but, not how some of you would like to see them. They also included many "little things, that didn't exist before that added to the beauty of the place. I can grow trees in my backyard with little or no effort. Fountains, trimmed shrubs and flowers require a lot more effort to develop and maintain. Solution, buy the park and do it whatever way you want. Until then make the best of what is there and enjoy what was done instead of mourning what you consider a major loss while ignoring the "detailed" gain.

matt9112

The area without trees or the area with trees is a personal liking. Can you imagine how messed up things would be if everyone's little desire is classified as "care about little things". You like it with trees. Others like it without trees. Apparently, for whatever purpose Disney has they have decided that without will serve the "little things needs" of more then those of the other way of thinking. Not everyone's "little things" are the same.

It's already been stated over and over and over and over, by the same people, how terrible it is that the trees are gone. They've been gone before, things will change over the years, it's not your personal park, it needs to serve the masses. One person does not the masses make. Rampant use of umbrellas? A little hyperbole there don't you think. So the solution to that would be to not allow those people in the park so all those with an anti umbrella, anti scooter, anti stroller, anti anything new, mindset can enjoy the parks the way the God and Walt and you personally planned it.

What they have done with the Hub area is different, no argument there, but, to some different means bad. That is not the case as far as I can see. Boo Hoo they took out a tree! Get over it. Tree's are a detail of a specific plan. The new specific plan didn't include them as a detail. Well, they did actually, but, not how some of you would like to see them. They also included many "little things, that didn't exist before that added to the beauty of the place. I can grow trees in my backyard with little or no effort. Fountains, trimmed shrubs and flowers require a lot more effort to develop and maintain. Solution, buy the park and do it whatever way you want. Until then make the best of what is there and enjoy what was done instead of mourning what you consider a major loss while ignoring the "detailed" gain.

I don't care that much I will still love my vacations but I notice. That's my point I notice when things change.

JohnWD

Hub ruined and one in a lifetime visits destroyed by stage lights!!! /sarcasm
image.jpg

Jon81uk

Interesting tthat they chose to go back to the Red color here when they are trying to get away from it everywhere else.

The main pavement is beige. In this courtard area in front of the stage they are going for a grey and red colour combination and the red is to highlight the compass design. If the compass was in beige too then there wouldn't be any point doing the design! :)

Monorail_Red_77

The main pavement is beige. In this courtard area in front of the stage they are going for a grey and red colour combination and the red is to highlight the compass design. If the compass was in beige too then there wouldn't be any point doing the design! :)

I think that the red in the compass will make it stand out and hopefully look good against the grey background.

Last edited:

KingdomofDreams

Interesting tthat they chose to go back to the Red color here when they are trying to get away from it everywhere else.

Just my own humble opinion, but I never liked the red concrete. The castle is done in varying shades of grays and blues so imo the red doesn't compliment that, it looks out of place and kind of clashes. But then... it's not my park and unfortunately they didn't consult me. Lol

G00fyDad

They still care about the look of the hub. That is evident in many of the features in this redesign. But of course, if it does not involve giant trees, it is still just garbage to many.

The original idea was to have MSUSA with the castle "in the distance" beyond a tree line. Much in the way old villages were laid out with a castle beyond them. The idea was to have people walk through MSUSA while seeing the "far off" castle and then through trees to finally emerge and see the castle in all of it's glory. Sadly, that idea is gone now. :( But the hub improvements are not without their merits. I love the idea of not tripping over goobers that are piled up on the sidewalk around the hub to see the night parade when we are trying to leave. The ability to go around these people is a blessing.

dstrawn9889

363 pages of people crying about trees.
22,000 +/- of trees on property, and people boo-hoo about a dozen or so removed for progress and construction... the framing trees will likely be replaced, IMHO they were getting Too big anyway, and throwing off the perspective of the castle... much like the stand of bamboo in Epcot completely hiding communicore east around the restrooms... needs scaling back (read <cut down and replaced>)

dstrawn9889

22,000 +/- of trees on property, and people boo-hoo about a dozen or so removed for progress and construction... the framing trees will likely be replaced, IMHO they were getting Too big anyway, and throwing off the perspective of the castle... much like the stand of bamboo in Epcot completely hiding communicore east around the restrooms... needs scaling back (read <cut down and replaced>)
this area

Attachments

• communicore rest.jpg
    communicore rest.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 176

ToTBellHop

If you don't get it you probably never will.

The poles on the other hand...
We should all be able agree that the light poles are awful. And, I think most rational folks would be able to agree that, if not for the light poles, this project was a success. It is otherwise a great-looking area where some of the park's beauty had to bow out to operational issues, but they introduced wonderful landscaping elsewhere.

For me, honestly, it's just baffling that the light poles look the way they do. If we can accept that they wanted to create defined viewing areas and defined thoroughfares, it is bizarre to block the view in the thoroughfares with trees (nice) but also partially-obstruct the view in the viewing areas with lighting of all things! It gives the a job not being fully thought-out. The overall project needed to happen because the Hub was becoming unsafe. I am shocked that no one thought this might be an issue during the design phase. It's not like it's a small oversight like being able to see the Be Our Guest (or was it Belle?) building from the Pinocchio restrooms, which was easily fixed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom