Disneyland Half Marathon

dreamfinder

DLR has plenty of decent hotels within walking distance of the parks unlike WDW. So you could easily save more than the 20% or $25 by staying at a 3rd party. As @Sumrdog said, the park tickets through the travel provider were pretty darn cheap to begin with. As long as they still offer those, I wouldn't stress out too much over an extra $25.

I would however stress over about not registering in time for the race. I'd suggest planning on pulling the trigger at 12 on the dot, or you may find your self left out very shortly there after.

Texas84

Bling posted on the runDisney blog.
All-Medals.jpg disneyland-half-weekend-medals-front-and-back-00.jpg

LindsayLoves

I thought they would do a play on the usual Disneyland half medal this year, but they went in a whole new direction which I can understand for the Diamond Celebration but I think it really detracts from the 10th Anniversary of the Half.

The spinner is kinda cool, but there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the medals. One has the fab 5, one has Dumbo, one has the fairies, etc. 5k/Fab 5 needs a better tie in back to Sleeping Beauty beyond just the dragon on the lanyard.
Agreed big time. As random as the 5k/10k themes are for the DL half weekend are at least they are compatible between the two e.g. 5k Alice and White Rabbit and 10k Alice and Tea Party. The Fab 5 medallion might be my favorite of the bunch but that is a weak tie in with Maleficent on the lanyard to the 'villain themed' 10k.

Maryssa*

I like the idea behind the Half medal but I just don't find the execution aesthetically pleasing, I dunno. I was expecting it to be the big D but encrusted in rhinestones, haha. And yeah it is a little weird that Maleficent is on the 5k medal...

Katherine

Okay I'm going to disagree here - I'M IN LOVE WITH THESE MEDALS!

10k medal - So beautiful and villian themed (I love that the 10k medal changes each year)
Half medal - It's so different and beautiful, I'm going to be running hard to that finish line and will find a special place amongst my medal collection (probably next to the WDW 20th Anniversaty Marathon medal)

I love the classic feel of the 5k and the kids medal is once again so adorable and I'm jealous I can't earn this one. I'm ready for a new Dumbo medal design, I've never been a fan of this one, I guess we'll have to wait for the 5th anniversary in 2 years.

I love that each medal is unique and beautiful, IMHO. I think these are fabulous!

LindsayLoves

Waivers and the event guide have been posted on the runDisney site.

The corrals have changed a bit from last year, less and larger corrals and the cut off for A is 2:00 hour POT, last year it was 1:50. People who would've been in D or E in the past are now in B. We shall see how this turns out, I might show up early to get a good position in A for both races.

Kerby626

Questions regarding packet pick up.

Since I had to defer till next year with Dh being gone, I still plan on taking the kids for their race on Sat. I am wondering how crowded the bib area is typically right at opening on Thursday. I don't plan on merchandise. I have about a 3 hour window I can be there for the packet pick up while they are in school.

Do you think it is do able? I'm trying to avoid 5 o'clock traffic after they get out of school

Texas84

Questions regarding packet pick up.

Since I had to defer till next year with Dh being gone, I still plan on taking the kids for their race on Sat. I am wondering how crowded the bib area is typically right at opening on Thursday. I don't plan on merchandise. I have about a 3 hour window I can be there for the packet pick up while they are in school.

Do you think it is do able? I'm trying to avoid 5 o'clock traffic after they get out of school

Right at opening is a nightmare but your 3-hour window should be possible. Should. :)

Texas84

Would you recommend waiting until Friday afternoon (for those who can) to pick up packets? Or just later on Thursday?

Either. The early merchandise seekers also impact registration. I endured the opening chaos for registration and went back in the afternoon to do the expo and walked right in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom