Universal and food allergies

shinymonkey

Original Poster
I know at disney they are very good at handling difficult food allergies.. we were thinking of doing the character breakfast but I have an egg allergy along with some others how well / accommodating is universal?

danpam1024

I was really hoping you would elaborate @tribbleorlfl, as I am curious to know what you meant. Either- Please don't remind me about how delicious the adult milkshakes are at the Cowfish- I can't get there for months. OR you have some misguided, ignorant, intolerant stereotype of the way people choose to live their lives. I personally don't care what race, gender, creed, religious affiliation, vocation, or even diet people are/ choose- just as long as you're not a crappy person. Namaste :happy:

Figgy1

Premium Member
I was really hoping you would elaborate @tribbleorlfl, as I am curious to know what you meant. Either- Please don't remind me about how delicious the adult milkshakes are at the Cowfish- I can't get there for months. OR you have some misguided, ignorant, intolerant stereotype of the way people choose to live their lives. I personally don't care what race, gender, creed, religious affiliation, vocation, or even diet people are/ choose- just as long as you're not a crappy person. Namaste :happy:
Amen

tribbleorlfl

Why not? Vegans are fun!!!!!!

Sorry, I suppose I should have elaborated to eliminate ambiguity. I was referring to the comment about Confisco's Pad Thai containing fish sauce, a fact I know all too well after working there for almost 2 years.

That stuff is seriously the nastiest, rankest swill I have ever had the misfortune of smelling. The first time I had to prep a 5 gallon batch of the Pad Thai sauce and opened the fish sauce bottles, I almost threw up in a garbage can.

After cooking up 1,000's of Pad Thais and making barrels of the base, I have a involuntary revulsion every time I see the words "Pad Thai" on a menu or think of that God-awful stench. Such was the case when I saw that comment.

That being said, I do think I deserve a bit of an apology because I never said, nor implied, any slight against vegetarianism. While I personally enjoy a balnced diet of meat and vegetables, my wife is an on again-off again vegetarian and you're talking to the guy that got a roasted vegetable quesadilla on the menu at Mythos because I didn't think there were enough vegetarian options (that was over 10 years ago). To call me "misguided, ignorant and intollerant" is, ironically, ignorant in this regard.

danpam1024

Sorry, I suppose I should have elaborated to eliminate ambiguity. I was referring to the comment about Confisco's Pad Thai containing fish sauce, a fact I know all too well after working there for almost 2 years.

That stuff is seriously the nastiest, rankest swill I have ever had the misfortune of smelling. The first time I had to prep a 5 gallon batch of the Pad Thai sauce and opened the fish sauce bottles, I almost threw up in a garbage can.

After cooking up 1,000's of Pad Thais and making barrels of the base, I have a involuntary revulsion every time I see the words "Pad Thai" on a menu or think of that God-awful stench. Such was the case when I saw that comment.

That being said, I do think I deserve a bit of an apology because I never said, nor implied, any slight against vegetarianism. While I personally enjoy a balnced diet of meat and vegetables, my wife is an on again-off again vegetarian and you're talking to the guy that got a roasted vegetable quesadilla on the menu at Mythos because I didn't think there were enough vegetarian options (that was over 10 years ago). To call me "misguided, ignorant and intollerant" is, ironically, ignorant in this regard.
My apologies:
1. That you had to experience that degree of fish sauce and 2. that you thought I called you ignorant ( just asked if you were ;) ). The internet- the best way to misinterpret what someone means (on my part). I am just used to being attacked or ridiculed for what I eat- what I don't eat really. I shouldn't assume, that's unfair. Again, apologies- cheers!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom