MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Lots of Star Wars news today, but what is coming to DLP? We know Star Tours is closing next year to be made into the new version (which will include Episode 7), but what about the surrounding area?

Last we heard it was going to include a new shop, eatery and merch location, but will anything else come with or after that? What will debut in Paris first to show us what the American parks will get? Or will Paris get something slightly different?

FigmentForver96

Lots of Star Wars news today, but what is coming to DLP? We know Star Tours is closing next year to be made into the new version (which will include Episode 7), but what about the surrounding area?

Last we heard it was going to include a new shop, eatery and merch location, but will anything else come with or after that? What will debut in Paris first to show us what the American parks will get? Or will Paris get something slightly different?
Yea not a lot of new info form Paris. Honestly I feel like just bringing the resort up to standard is the main task for now.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
This was briefly shown during yesterday's presentation:

CMfAnsgWIAA5ABT.jpg

croboy82

The exciting news at the presentation was that DLP is celeberating their 25th.....haha...that was all. We can only hope :)

FigmentForver96

The exciting news at the presentation was that DLP is celeberating their 25th.....haha...that was all. We can only hope :)
Don't forget all the major clean ups and refurbs taking place around the entire resort. Yes the resort has fallen into a great state of despair, but the current management has started to realize this, and they are changing things. Things are being painted, changed and refreshed everywhere. Space Mountain for example looks amazing, and that wasn't even the big refurb! Small World, Thunder Mountain, Pirates and possibly Phantom Manor are all being enhanced and brought up to Disney code. Things are changing...slowly....but they are changing.

Stevie Amsterdam

I think it's a pretty safe bet to say that Dreams will get some kind of special edition show for the anniversary.
Having that said, Disney Dreams was originally scheduled to end this year and has only recently been extended to September 2016. As the 25th anniversary is in 2017, it might actually not be a safe bet to say that it will even run till 2017 - although I can't imagine they can come up with an even better show than Dreams :)

GiveMeTheMusic

Having that said, Disney Dreams was originally scheduled to end this year and has only recently been extended to September 2016. As the 25th anniversary is in 2017, it might actually not be a safe bet to say that it will even run till 2017 - although I can't imagine they can come up with an even better show than Dreams :)

Dreams isn't going to end. It's too successful. They might not keep the name, but they'd be utterly foolish to stop running their only nighttime show, especially since it turned out to be popular.

DLRP NEWS

Some great news !
This Christmas There Will be :
- Frozen Sing Along
- Jedi Training Acadrmy
- Princess show
- Brand new Christmas show at Walt Disney Studios
- Magic Disney on parade
- Disney Christmas Parade with a new float " Winnie the pooh"
- Christmas Tree Illumination with a float and Mickey, Minnie, Santa Claus and some performers !
- Dreams of Christmas
- Mickey and Minnie Will meet guest in Frontierland, Jack and Sally too.
- Santa Claus Will meet guest in Meet Mickey !

Next spring, a brand new show Will come to Chapparal Theater, the story Will be about "story book"

- Disneyland Railroad closed yesterday. All station Will be renovated !

GiveMeTheMusic

I meant a Disney Dreams version of World of Color: Celebrate, but called Celebration of Disney Dreams.

No. There will never be another version of World of Color - Celebrate, anywhere.

Obviously no one has any details yet on the 25th entertainment. We know there will be a new parade, and we suspect Dreams will be updated. Everything else is speculation.

Twilight_Roxas

No. There will never be another version of World of Color - Celebrate, anywhere.

Obviously no one has any details yet on the 25th entertainment. We know there will be a new parade, and we suspect Dreams will be updated. Everything else is speculation.
and if the Disney Dreams version of World of Color-Celebrate was better than the WoC version?

Stevie Amsterdam

Next spring, a brand new show Will come to Chapparal Theater, the story Will be about "story book"
Could that perhaps be the same as the new show in Hong Kong: Mickey and the Wondrous Book?

- Disneyland Railroad closed yesterday. All station Will be renovated !
Would you happen to have some insight on this? From what I understand, the stations will be in scaffolding and fences during the entire refurbishment. This would be very unappealing but even more so at the Main Street station, as it is the first thing you see when you enter the park. Do you think they refurb the station and then remove the scaffolding or, like many articles suggest, it will be up untill the refurb is completely done.

(note that it could be my level of English that causes my misunderstanding - hence my question ;))

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
There will not be a Disney Dreams version of WOC Celebrate. Everyone hates that show. It probably won't even make it through the whole 60th celebration at Disneyland.

If Dreams is updated, it's likely to be something new and unique to Disneyland Paris.

I don't think EVERYONE hates the show. I liked the original better but I don't mind the new version of WOC. I liked it a lot better than Disneyland Forever fireworks.

GiveMeTheMusic

I don't think EVERYONE hates the show. I liked the original better but I don't mind the new version of WOC. I liked it a lot better than Disneyland Forever fireworks.

You're definitely in the minority (which is fine), but I should have been more clear. Everyone within Disney hates the new WOC show, which is why it won't be duplicated in any form.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
You're definitely in the minority (which is fine), but I should have been more clear. Everyone within Disney hates the new WOC show, which is why it won't be duplicated in any form.

Difference of opinion I guess, and I didn't say it was my favorite just that I didn't mind it. I like Dreams at DLP a lot more than WOC and Forever, and sometimes I think it might be better than Wishes. Plus I highly doubt your can say everyone within Disney hates it unless you have talked to everyone, just sayin'. :)
And I hope it isn't duplicated I like when parks have different shows and attractions to experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom