Packing to decorate (surprise!) for Christmas!

tra_po

Original Poster
Last year we were at WDW for Christmas and I surprised the kids by having the room decorated (by Disney's in-room celebrations service) when we returned from the park one day. There was a cloth tree on the door that lit up with our name embroidered on it. Inside were a large Mickey and Minnie Mouse, embroidered pillowcases, a blanket with our name, some lights, a box of goodies, and a newspaper with our names on it. It was a highlight of their trip. But it was $$$, the cruise line doesn't offer it (correct?), and I could have done it myself (I think?) for MUCH cheaper. All of that said, I'm ready to plan/buy what to pack not for the actual Christmas day but for the holiday decorating surprise to get our room festive for the trip and surprise the kids! We will leave on Dec 19th and return Dec 26th, so we will be there over Christmas. What are you doing/making/packing to ready for the holidays and do you have any ideas or sites to share?

EOD K9

Should be back to normal. IIRC there's a crew that swoops in there as soon as the last guest leaves and pulls everything out.
Wow, that's kind of weird when you think about the parks being decorated til just after New Year's Day.

jme

Back on topic, you could do state room door magnets.
Also, Disney Cruise Line does offer stateroom decorations - Currently you can go to:
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/gifts-and-amenities/
And see that they have Halloween Stateroom Decorations listed ($59)
I'd be surprised if they offer Halloween, but not Christmas. You can always call and ask, but my guess is they just aren't listed yet as its too early in the year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom