Fairfield Inn & Suites 12191 South Apopka Vineland Road

SAV

Original Poster
About a month ago we were in Florida for Universal and a beach trip. We stayed on-site at Cabana Bay for Universal and then went to Clearwater Beach for a couple of days. Unfortunately that was in the middle of the 20 days straight and 17" of rain in Tampa. Needless to say our beach time was a complete washout. Basically 1 hour of sun during 3 days. So instead of staying at the beach with nothing to do(and a bad hotel), we decided to drive back to Orlando since there was more to do and find a place to stay once there.

We were leaving the next day and we were looking for somewhere clean, nice and not too expensive(Had a bad experience in Clearwater, so a cheap motel was not going to happen). Our plan was to do DTD that night and get a little Disney into our trip. Looking through Trip Advisor, we found the Fairfield Inn & Suites Lake Buena Vista at 12191 South Apopka Vineland Road for only $76 a night and that included the Marriott hot breakfast offerings. The hotel was recently renovated and was beautiful. It had a small pool in the back and was perfect for what we needed. It was a hotel in a parking lot and didn't have a resort setting. I highly recommend this hotel if someone is looking for a place to sleep and a good rate. Especially since the hot breakfast, with waffles, eggs, meat, cereals, oatmeal, juices, etc is included and it was very good. It is only a couple minute drive to DTD.

WillCAD

I stayed there a few years ago, just as the major renovations were being finished (it was a Country Inn and Suites at the time). I think I was the first person to stay in my particular room after it was remodeled. Nice place, the only small wrinkle was that the parking lot dedicated to the hotel was a little small. But it wasn't crowded during my stay, so I rarely had trouble finding a convenient space.

SAV

Original Poster
Agree about the parking lot. It is very small. I ended up having to park behind the strip mall that was there, which was designated as hotel parking when it is more crowded. It was kind of yucky further back there since the strip mall dumpsters and what not nearby. But I did get to see a flock of Vulture's dumpster dining...so that was an experience. But that doesn't take away from the hotel accommodations which were excellent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom