Express Monorail struck by lightning

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
They couldn't have possibly been running only one ferryboat at fireworks exit. If that was the case, then that 2nd Ferry was having mechanical issues or possibly a guest issue that held it up from departing(medical emergencies, unattended bags, etc). Standard procedure is 2 ferryboats running at all times. A few years ago(like 2010) in the off season they would go down to 1 ferry in the middle of the day, but those days have been gone for several years.

Victor Kelly

The sad truth is those who complain at Disney get free stuff, often with very little resistance from Disney management. Those who don't complain are paying higher prices to cover the cost of those who do complain. So at Disney if your not complaining your helping to pay for someone else's vacation.

If I complain, it is not for free stuff, it is to address and issue I feel needs remedy. For example: No hot water in our room at POP. Fix it, I am happy, life moves on.

s8film40

If I complain, it is not for free stuff, it is to address and issue I feel needs remedy. For example: No hot water in our room at POP. Fix it, I am happy, life moves on.
I agree! I rarely have complaints but if/when I do complain and this applies to all other businesses in addition to Disney, I want to see my issue addressed and/or corrected. I actually find it a little insulting when money or credit is offered. They are basically saying we don't want to deal with your problem so we will give you some money so we don't have to hear you complain anymore.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I have to wonder why Monorails going down and causing chaos (which happens frequently, no matter the reason) always seems to have a thread, but when the first ship to ship transfer in the history of Watercraft was done a couple years ago - no thread. The ferryboat lost both generators and the Castaways had to come do a transfer as the ferry drifted towards the GF. Now THAT is some craziness.

dstrawn9889

I have to wonder why Monorails going down and causing chaos (which happens frequently, no matter the reason) always seems to have a thread, but when the first ship to ship transfer in the history of Watercraft was done a couple years ago - no thread. The ferryboat lost both generators and the Castaways had to come do a transfer as the ferry drifted towards the GF. Now THAT is some craziness.
Pics or it didnt happen... ;)

rob0519

I say just make the resort loop off limits to all non-monorail resort guests at all times. It would be as easy as installing readers for the magic bands. The TTC guests have buses, the ferry and the express monorail when it's running. The resort guests only have the resort loop monorail and a few small launches.

s8film40

I say just make the resort loop off limits to all non-monorail resort guests at all times. It would be as easy as installing readers for the magic bands. The TTC guests have buses, the ferry and the express monorail when it's running. The resort guests only have the resort loop monorail and a few small launches.
That kind of makes it difficult for non resort guests exiting the MK with dinner reservations at Chef Mickeys.

rob0519

That kind of makes it difficult for non resort guests exiting the MK with dinner reservations at Chef Mickeys.
That reservation would be on the Magic Band and therefore the system would let those people access the resort loop, no? That is a problem for resort hopping though. Maybe it's not that great an idea after all.

s8film40

That reservation would be on the Magic Band and therefore the system would let those people access the resort loop, no? That is a problem for resort hopping though. Maybe it's not that great an idea after all.
Yeah there's no real simple solution. Anyone can come up with a valid excuse to ride the resort monorail even if they only intend to go to TTC. A long time ago they used to load certain cars for certain destinations and the doors would only open at that destination. In that case I'm sure the line for the car dropping off at TTC would be pretty long.

jaklgreen

Except if you are staying off site then you don't automatically get a magic band, they would have to buy one. Plus Disney has always said that the transportation is for anyone who is visiting WDW. People are just going to have to wait at times. Its no different then waiting in traffic. Only so many people can occupy a given space at a time.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I agree! I rarely have complaints but if/when I do complain and this applies to all other businesses in addition to Disney, I want to see my issue addressed and/or corrected. I actually find it a little insulting when money or credit is offered. They are basically saying we don't want to deal with your problem so we will give you some money so we don't have to hear you complain anymore.

Don't worry about being offered cash or credit at WDW anymore, Now they just tell you to suck it in the patented disney fashion I'm sorry you had an issue there is nothing I can or will do about it, Have a Magical Day...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

So when they don't show Disney collects their $25 'no show fee' and it's all good, Unless of course you were counting on eating at Chef Mickey's....

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The sad truth is those who complain at Disney get free stuff, often with very little resistance from Disney management. Those who don't complain are paying higher prices to cover the cost of those who do complain. So at Disney if your not complaining your helping to pay for someone else's vacation.

Really, You can get free stuff when you complain??, I spent the better part of a day complaining at the front desk about a broken refrigerator in a Grand Villa at BLT - got bupkis. All I wanted them to do was to FIX the bloody thing (it had lost the ability to make cold air) when the engineer finally arrived (he was great BTW) engineer noted that because of cutbacks there are not enough engineers to go around to FIX all the broken appliances in the hotel and apparently there are a LOT of them.

I'd guess they did not want to comp because it meant that someone would look at the QA checks and find they were not being done, I'd say a warm refrigerator rates a 'room not ready' Oh yeah I reserved this for 10 days, This was not an 'upgrade' and paid full boat as well.

It's stuff like this which makes me down on WDW's current management practices.

For those who will ask how do you check a fridge open it and touch the inside if cold it works if not well it's broken or not plugged in or turned on

googilycub

Really, You can get free stuff when you complain??, I spent the better part of a day complaining at the front desk about a broken refrigerator in a Grand Villa at BLT - got bupkis.

Sad that you wasted a better part of a day of your vacation over something small like a broken refrigerator. I had a small issue at Wilderness Lodge last year, made a phone call to Disney after I came home, and got one night comped off my bill.

Of course if you had the same attitude when you complained that you display in many of your posts on this site, good for Disney in telling you to pound sand...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Sad that you wasted a better part of a day of your vacation over something small like a broken refrigerator. I had a small issue at Wilderness Lodge last year, made a phone call to Disney after I came home, and got one night comped off my bill.

Of course if you had the same attitude when you complained that you display in many of your posts on this site, good for Disney in telling you to pound sand...

I neither wanted or asked for compensation, I did however want the service I PAID for and I generally stop at nothing till I get it, Up to and including nasty notes from 'Dewey, Cheatham and Howe' Esquires LLC (not the real name of course).

When I'm paying four figures per night I expect service NOW, Not when some management drone gets around to it and I'm going to be in their face constantly until it happens. Let's just say I ruined a bunch of managers days and backed it up with correspondence so it did not go down the memory hole.

I travel for a living and the average Hilton or Marriott fixes issues like this in minutes, It's only Disney hotels where you get flophouse service for presidential suite prices.

Example the housekeeping service at a Marriott left a basket of fresh linens in my room by accident, Called the front desk because did not want housekeeper to get in trouble for 'stealing' linens, Marriott comped me the night because my room was not perfect, Marriott did not have to do anything other than collect the 'missing' linens yet they comped me my room that evening.

It USED to be Disney set the standard for service and quality now any top line national chain beats them by a mile.

Last edited:

googilycub

When I'm paying four figures per night I expect service NOW, Not when some management drone gets around to it and I'm going to be in their face constantly until it happens. Let's just say I ruined a bunch of managers days and backed it up with correspondence so it did not go down the memory hole.

So you spent the better part of a day of YOUR vacation ranting and got nothing for it except "ruining a bunch of managers days"?

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

jakeman

I neither wanted or asked for compensation, I did however want the service I PAID for and I generally stop at nothing till I get it, Up to and including nasty notes from 'Dewey, Cheatham and Howe' Esquires LLC (not the real name of course).

I travel for a living and the average Hilton or Marriott fixes issues like this in minutes, It's only Disney hotels where you get flophouse service for presidential suite prices.

Example the housekeeping service at a Marriott left a basket of fresh linens in my room by accident, Called the front desk because did not want housekeeper to get in trouble for 'stealing' linens, Marriott comped me the night because my room was not perfect, Marriott did not have to do anything other than collect the 'missing' linens yet they comped me my room that evening.

It USED to be Disney set the standard for service and quality now any top line national chain beats them by a mile.
As someone who also travels for a living (though not near as extensively as in the past), I'm going to call shenanigans on your Marriott comped story. I'm also calling shenanigans on other chains fixing things "within minutes". It just doesn't happen.

In fact, given your posting history and proclivity for fiction, there is a dead even chance most of the above never even happened.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom