A purple MagicBand coming soon?

Ali Mouse

Just booked and still no purple! With 2 females in the house it would be awesome! Crossing my fingers that it will come soon!!!
So... I guess Ill just to have wait to customize my bands!

JohnD

Please, please, please let this be true!! I was so disappointed when I went to choose the color for mine and didn't see a purple option; fingers crossed this becomes available in the very near future!

I have until mid-October to make my selection. Holding out in case purple shows up.

Cosmic Commando

Since they released those pictures of luggage tags with no purple one or mention of a purple band, I'm not very optimistic that a purple band is coming in the short term. If there were one coming soon, this would have been the perfect time to unveil it... :(

LdyApxr

I notice the luggage tags are color corrdinated and that is not a win for us as my husband and 17yr old son chose red and they are not thrilled with Minnie Mouse luggage tags. LOL

Minnie1986

I notice the luggage tags are color corrdinated and that is not a win for us as my husband and 17yr old son chose red and they are not thrilled with Minnie Mouse luggage tags. LOL
Do they luggage tags already have the person's name on them? I'm getting a yellow band and boyfriend will be getting red, so hopefully we can switch.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I think the reason why these bands don't sell as well as they could is because the average person will walk by and say those are nice but I'm not spending $ I already have one. But given the option to upgrade I think people would spend the money.

Last time I was at Walt Disney World I saw hundreds of them in use. Where did you get the information they where not selling?

Jahona

Last time I was at Walt Disney World I saw hundreds of them in use. Where did you get the information they where not selling?

His comment was in response to something I said earlier in this thread. My reply back to were I got this information is below. Again besides my conversation with cast members I don't have any sales figures to back it up. I'm not saying the designed bands aren't selling just that they aren't as popular.

Speculation, observation, and talking with cast members. When I was there during the 4th of July they had a limited edition USA flag with mickey band. a few days after a Cast Member was pulling them from the shelf and displays and I walked up and started a chat. Certain designs sell better than others but over all the designed bands aren't hot sellers. I would love to see the raw data myself on the sales of bands and what designs sell the best.

Personally I've thought about purchasing a designed band but since I don't go that often I can't convince myself to bite the bullet.

Innkeeper's Club

Original Poster
Update: Take this information for what it's worth but last month when I was at WDW I asked a Cast Member about a purple MagicBand and this is what he told me, however I believe him because he also works a lot with the MagicBands in training other Cast Members on how they work and etc. Anyway he said one reason why purple has not come out yet is because of the color fading in the sun, so it's a problem that they are working on.

Last edited:

JohnByers

My DS14 loves the grey one because he said it goes better with all his outfits and doesn't stand out. So boring! Now DS11 picks pink every time and says "its so fire" and loves that people notice him wearing pink. o_O

Rob562

Update: Take this information for what it's worth but last month when I was at WDW I asked a Cast Member about a purple MagicBand and this is what he told me, however I believe him because he also works a lot with the MagicBands in training other Cast Members on how they work and etc. Anyway he said one reason why purple has not come out yet is because of the color fading in the sun, so it's a problem that they are working on.

That is correct. They were having trouble with the dye and it fading in the sun and/or chlorine pool water.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom