A Spirited Perfect Ten

PhotoDave219

So.... Crowd levels.

Holy crap, it was brutal at Magic Kingdom? How brutal?

MKSummer.jpg

That brutal. Clearly above the level of the last two years, for comparison.

After breaking down the numbers, talking with some spies and double checking with Len on the data. (The data is fine, the methodology hasn't changed.) It was just THAT busy at MK. Looking hard at the numbers, last year had a lot in the 6-7 range, those pushed up to the 8-9 range. (also Iger noted in an earning call 4% growth at the domestic theme parks in the 3QFY15 which covered April-June)

So if you braved MK this summer and it wasn't yesterday, my hats off to you.

These higher crowds also reflected in the resort overall.

WDWSummer.jpg

Across the board, higher numbers. Same thing happened - crowd pushed up. What were average/mid-level crowds last year became peak crowds this year.

Crowds dropped off later this year because of Labor Day being next week but there ya go. Summer 2015.

HauntedMansionFLA

So.... Crowd levels.

View attachment 108856

After breaking down the numbers, talking with some spies and double checking with Len on the data. (The data is fine, the methodology hasn't changed.) It was just THAT busy at MK. Looking hard at the numbers, last year had a lot in the 6-7 range, those pushed up to the 8-9 range. (also Iger noted in an earning call 4% growth at the domestic theme parks in the 3QFY15 which covered April-June)

View attachment 108857

Across the board, higher numbers. Same thing happened - crowd pushed up. What were average/mid-level crowds last year became peak crowds this year.

Crowds dropped off later this year because of Labor Day being next week but there ya go. Summer 2015.
Thanks for the numbers! It will be interesting to see how the rest of the year plays out.

Cesar R M

So.... Crowd levels.

View attachment 108856

View attachment 108857

WOW, thats a lot of 10's!!! D:

A couple. Why?

Ill pm you!

the.dreamfinder

Honest Trailers on that Frozen Fever short and taking potshots at the marketing.

I will say I paid for that 20 dollar Blu-Ray, but not for Frozen. I bought that specifically to get my hands on Lorenzo.

God forbid they actually put substantive bonus features on it. There's so much you can learn from those shorts, but I guess we wouldn't have even gotten these shorts had it not been for Frozen Fever.
Seriously, you can use the some of the money you gouge out of parents for Frozen Fever to produce those relatively inexpensive bonus features.

But man, Lorenzo is better than sliced bread.

Animaniac93-98

God forbid they actually put substantive bonus features on it. There's so much you can learn from those shorts, but I guess we wouldn't have even gotten these shorts had it not been for Frozen Fever.
Seriously, you can use the some of the money you gouge out of parents for Frozen Fever to produce those relatively inexpensive bonus features.

They could also have included more shorts like "One by One"...and not make "Runaway Brain" a Disney Movie Anywhere exclusive.

It's another lazy release from Home Entertainment.

FigmentJedi

But man, Lorenzo is better than sliced bread.
And extras aside, bugs me that they left out Glago's Guest. Heck, why not put the other two "Fantasia 3" shorts (Destino and One by One) on there as well, give us the whole "Fantasia World" in one place? It's Blu-Ray, you got room for it.

Goofyernmost

So, not to derail this thread further down the ravine (is that even possible?); but does anyone know why the waterfall by O Canada! has been off for the last few weeks? I know its been dry since at least middle of August and I noticed it again Sunday night. Its not a pretty sight.

11954760_10206211831048800_3368201441777875076_n.jpg
Don't know. Could be a water shortage? Could be a broken water pipe? Could be a broken pump? Could be "hey, it's only Canada... who cares"? Could be the well ran dry, eh! Could be the maintenance men are out on a Labatt's run? Could be TDO is no longer going to supply water until Canada stops trying to pay with play money? Could be a Canadian Beaver built a damn in front of the falls? Take your pick!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom