HS closing early, what about the Osborne lights??

Kosmo1986

I am planning a trip the 2nd week of December for only 2 nights, 1 of the nights HS is closing at 6pm (of course this is the only night I had available to see the lights)

does anyone have any experience with this? Will they still turn on the lights?

RonAnnArbor

What adds insult to injury is that the lights WILL be on -- and you will not be able to see them because there will be a private party there. Sorry about that, they really are lovely. But that is where they do their holiday private rented-out parties.

Upvote 0

ChrisI

Could someone please explain something to me? I understand the extended hours for resort guests but why couldn't people who aren't resort guests at least be allowed to walk around and view the lights after regular closing time? Last December we were literally kicked out of the Streets of America because we didn't have a room key but all we wanted to do was hang out there for a while. Don't they check for room keys at all ride entrances anyway?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Could someone please explain something to me? I understand the extended hours for resort guests but why couldn't people who aren't resort guests at least be allowed to walk around and view the lights after regular closing time? Last December we were literally kicked out of the Streets of America because we didn't have a room key but all we wanted to do was hang out there for a while. Don't they check for room keys at all ride entrances anyway?
The Osborne lights are one of DHS's most popular attractions. It is only logical that they check for room keys at it during EMH like they do at every other attraction

Upvote 0

Kosmo1986

Original Poster

This is not the same situation, they are not closing early and letting resort guests in they will be making everyone leave. But to answer you question, extended hours for each park are only 1 or 2 days a week and are 1 hour before the park opens or 2 hours after park closes. This is considered a perk of staying on site. If you were just walking around anywhere else in the park they will not stop you and check for your keys, but they treat the Osborne lights like a ride since it such a popular attraction

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Because resort guests pay a premium for the perk?

Upvote 0

Tom 55

In 2012 when I was down to Disney World with my grandsons POP Warner team they had a POP Warner night at HS. It was a poor experience. Many of the attractions were closed and the lines on the few open were very very long. This years POP Warner dates are Dec. 6-12.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom