New Villains Show Coming to DHS?

TabulaRasa

Sped2424

I wonder if they are reworking some of the elements of the old proposed villain get together (wasn't that supposed to go into new fantasyland at gaston's tavern?)

Matt_Black

Well, given the construction and renovation that is soon to begin, it would make sense to debut a new show to take pressure off of the other areas. They've closed a lot of stuff in the past year getting ready for this, and a new show would certainly help offset some of that. Pure conjecture, on my part, but it seems logical enough.

dizneycrazy09

Gosh, when was the last time Disney created an original show not based around a strict IP? This is good news. Perhaps originality, even if just a bit, is being brought bCk to life.

Kman101

Looks interesting if it's anything like the pictures for the corporate event show. I'm looking forward to a fresh and new show. FINALLY. Time for BaTB to be put out of it's dated misery. I loved the show for what it was, but it's been a loooong time coming for it to be replaced. I mean, they never even bothered to update anything. Some costume and set updates and a theater refresh could have gone a long way. It sadly became dated and everything looked washed out and tired.

I don't think anyone is saying the villains show is going into the flex theater permanently but it could go there in the short-term as B&TB closes for the enclosure of the theater. Then the villains show moves there. I think the idea of a villains 'club'/show works amazingly well on Sunset, especially with Fantasmic! next door and a "club" itself works well on Sunset.

I do have to LOL at them changing Villains in Vogue as they prepare to launch a new villains show on the same street.

Last edited:

YodaMan

So how do we know the recent casting call for Dr Facilier isn't just for new cast for this corporate entertainment show and it isn't actually going into the park?

To be honest, I am a little concerned because the revamped JTA is being advertised as a "New Star Wars show" and this is being advertised as a "New Villains offering." But this fits with the rumors we have heard of a show coming soon and it it still advertised as a "New Villains offering for Hollywood Studios," so I'm sure he public will have to see this in some way, shape, or form.

Fox&Hound

Interesting that they just had a hit with their Disney Channel movie "Descendants" which focused on the children of famous Disney villains, had a top movie with "Maleficent", and now a Villains themed show at DHS. It's a good time to be a villain!

Please please please let Ursula be a part of this =)

YodaMan

To be honest, I am a little concerned because the revamped JTA is being advertised as a "New Star Wars show" and this is being advertised as a "New Villains offering." But this fits with the rumors we have heard of a show coming soon and it it still advertised as a "New Villains offering for Hollywood Studios," so I'm sure he public will have to see this in some way, shape, or form.

Quoting myself, but it seems relevant. The advertisement changed from "at Hollywood Studios" to "at the Walt Disney World Resort." Not sure how that bodes...

yellowrocket

Gimme a Yzma (with a really good Eartha Kitt impersonator - "Pull the LEVER!") and I'll book a plane ticket.

(why do I even have that lever??)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom