The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Growing up with my parents and siblings, there were 6 of us in one house, and one bathroom. During the school year only, my parents set up a morning time schedule for each of us to use the bathroom to get ready for school. We each had 20 minutes, and somehow it worked. Years later, they added a small lavatory on the first floor, but even before that, we all somehow managed. By the way, if we missed our time in the morning, we had to wait until everyone else was done getting ready, and that meant that you'd be running to school to make it on time! ;)

Wow, I'm starting to feel privileged. I've never lived in a house with only one bathroom... :oops: ;)

donaldtoo

It's been about 5 years for me since I went on DL SM, but when I went on it at WDW last month (I think I was on the right side), it seemed less intense to me. But I don't consider DL's to be bumpy at all, I feel it has a tendency more to whip you around, plus there's one big dip that I love cuz I never seem to know when to expect it, no matter how many times I've gone on it already. :p

Yep, the last time we rode it, the one at DLR was smoother, but, seemed more intense.

donaldtoo

Regarding character Meet and Greets, I know they have long lines for Elsa from Frozen. Why don't they have two Elsa's working the gig? o_O They could have a main queue line, and then maybe halfway, they could split the line into two directions, and have a wall or partition at that point, separating the two lines. Finally, each group would eventually enter a room and see Elsa; but neither group would realize that there were two separate rooms, with a separate Elsa in each one. :cool:

Kiddos are pretty smart. They might inquire about the sudden split.
Hmmm...
Guess you could tell them the other line is actually for the Cruella De Vil Dalmatian coat making demonstration.
The again, maybe not.
Some of the kiddos may actually prefer that M&G... :eek: ;)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Sympathy like. It's going to be sunny and in the 90s today!

We are 90ish until next Wednesday. Figures it was cool the last week. Moving my DD into an apartment over the last few days and tomorrow is assembly day of 2 pick up trucks worth of Ikea stuff.

We were disassembling and moved half of her floor to ceiling first Ikea purchase, a massive Wall Unit that was an entertainment center, 8 drawer dresser about 16 shelves and a wardrobe. It ran the entire length of her longest wall in her room. I packed it up on Saturday, it took me all day, amazing what all was in there that needs to be moved. She is 23 and got it when she was 8 years old. It was a high end price point and incredibly heavy. \

Half was moved today the other half tomorrow, when it is in the 90s. Oy. Still nice to have summer return again.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Happy Monday! It's the first day of school so once all the little er um angels are gone us moms are going out to celebrate!

We use to do that too! We have the longest breakfast that some years we stayed long enough to order lunch. :)

We when they were small all went together in the neighborhood to shop for school supplies. We'd have dinner, each kid got their own shopping cart when we hit up Target and then we all went out to an ice cream parlor after. It was a fun tradition.

donaldtoo

Oh goodness. That's funny.

Although dads can be scary. A couple of weeks before vacation, the house down the street had another party. My parents went out, my dad yelled and threatened to call the police, and then did so. A friend of our neighbor's daughter had been at the party and told our neighbors that some "big scary dude" came out and told everyone he was calling the police. We all laughed at the "big" and "scary" part. My dad is all of 5'5".:joyfull:

Sometimes an angry father solves problems.

Hahaaa...!
I can relate to the angry father part, as per our previous bullying conversation on this thread...!!! :joyfull: :)

donaldtoo

When I was real young, we used to go to my grandparents place for a weekend. They only had one outhouse. So, yes you are indeed privileged.

Yep, my grandparents on my moms side only had one outhouse until the mid '80's. Then, they added on an actual full bath. Before that, when I was a child, I even remember taking baths in a large galvenized tub with water that was heated on the stove and cold water from the kitchen sink.
Grandparents on pops side (although they still had an outhouse, as well) had a bath tub and a commode in two separate, very small rooms, off a screened-in back porch, as far back as I can remember. No running hot water for the tub. Water was heated up in a big pot on the stove, and then mixed with the cold from the tub faucet.
Good times...! :happy: ;)

catmom46

Hey y'all, got back from DL about 90 minutes ago and I'm exhausted. Plus I have over 300 photos to go through but I hope to post a bunch tomorrow night. I did conquer this mountain 3 times, though! :happy:

20150831_102620.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom