Pre-Trip A Trip of Firsts! A Sept/Oct PTR

Hey y'all! Welcome to my very first PTR! I'm mainly a lurker on here, but I do love to read everyone's trip reports! I'm really bad at commenting, I always think of something to say, then keep reading and forget! :rolleyes:

Anyway, as the title says, this will be a trip of firsts! So lets get started!!

When: 9/26-10/1 CBR (5 day base tickets)
10/1-10/4 Disney Dream (3 night Bahamian cruise)
10/4-10/5 Pop Century (1 night post cruise & MNSSHP)

Its going to be one crazy trip! This is my husbands "hooray for finally finishing college" trip :D

The Cast:
Me! (Morgan) And the Hubs!

My super cool 3 1/2 year old Aubs

My Parents!

My MiL (far right) and thats my FiL and BiL (they're aren't coming with us)

And now, a list of firsts!
-Daughters 1st time at WDW
-Everyone's first time on a cruise
-First time staying at Pop
-First time going to MNSSHP
-First time going to some restaurants
This will also be MiL first time back since the 70's! Her first trip was when it was just the MK and she stayed at the Contemporary. She's was overdue!

Up next, our itinerary! And a little trip down memory lane with pics from my last trip in Nov. 2012!

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
Here is what our itinerary is looking like so far!

9/26- Arrival Day/DTD/MK
- We have a 7am flight out of MEM. Puts us at MCO around 9:55, hoping to be on property by 11am (we'll see)
- Check in a CBR, rest/have lunch/maybe pool time
- Around 2pm, head to DTD. We have a 3pm BBB appointment
- We will grab dinner at DTD (probably at Earl) then head to MK
- 5-6pm FP+ for Rapunzel & Cinderella (Aubs BBB dress is Rapunzel & SO CUTE)
- 6-7pm FP+ for Enchanted Tales with Belle
- 7-8pm FP+ for Peter Pan
- After this, i'm pretty much open to anything. I'm a little worried about the fireworks. This past July 4th, the fireworks we watched totally freaked Aubs out :cry: She was hysterical. Hopefully since these are to music and there aren't really loud "booms" she will be ok.

Oh I can not wait until I see this again!

9/27 - Animal Kingdom
- AK opens at 8 for EMH today, but I HIGHLY doubt it we will be there for rope drop. And that is ok!
- 9:50-10:50am FP+ for Kilimanjaro Safaris
- 10:50-11:50am FP+ for Expedition Everest
- 2:10-3:10pm FP+ for Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost (may change this)
- 6:35pm ADR at Sanaa. Definitly getting there early to explore! Never been to AKL!
- After dinner, we may resort hop. I also want to check out Wilderness Lodge! My parents have been to the real one before, and our local zoo has a "replica" for the Teton Trek exhibit we have.

Here's a couple throw backs to AK!

9/28 - Hollywood Studios
- 9:45-10:45am FP+ for Tower of Terror
- 11:10-12:10pm FP+ for Toy Story
- 12:35-12:50 FP+ For Frozen Sing Along (ehh.. we will see on this too)
- 5:40pm ADR at Mama Melrose (kinda hoping I can find and ADR and switch to 50's!)
- EMH til 11pm. Hoping me and DH can stay at the park late to do ToT, RNRR, and ST!

9/29 - EPCOT
- 8:35am ADR at Kona Cafe
- 9:35-10:35am FP+ Spaceship Earth
- 10:45-11:45am FP+ The Seas with Nemo
- 12:10-1:10pm FP+ Soarin'
- Lunch will consist of snacking around the world for F&W :hungry:
- 6:30 ADR at Chefs de France (on the fence with this one, hoping we won't be too full from eating!)
- Illuminations (again, hoping Aubs isn't terrified. Illuminations is my absolute favorite show, but if she's crying and screaming I will leave ASAP)

9/30 - Magic Kingdom
- 8:15am ADR at Chef Mickey's
- 10:50-11:50am FP+ Jungle Cruise
- 11:50-12:50pm FP+ BTMRR
- 12:55-1:55pm FP+ SDMT
- 1:45pm ADR at Be Our Guest (will probably let this go, but I don't want to yet) the STRUGGLE y'all!
- 6:35pm ADR at Ohana
- We will also stay for MSEP and Wishes! (hopefully)

10/1 - Check out day/Board the Dream!
Mom in law is heading back home today, she wasn't really interested in cruising. One day I will get her on that ship!
We have a private transfer picking us up at 10am. I got a port arrival time of 11:15am, so hopefully we get there at that time!
10/2- Nassau
Staying on the ship most of the day. We may venture off to buy a t-shirt or something.
10/3- Castaway Cay
Mainly being lazy on the beach all day! Me and DH have a waterski excursions scheduled for 11:00am
10/4- Debark Dream/Check in at Pop/MNSSHP
Transfer will pick us up at 8am. I am wanting to do the express debarkation, and not put our bags outside the night before.
Really really hoping our room at Pop is ready when we get there, if not, we will just find a lounge chair by the pool and relax some.
- 2:20pm ADR at Beaches n Cream!
- 4:00pm head to MK and get our MNSSHP wristbands
- 4-5pm FP+ BTMRR
- 5-6pm FP+ Haunted Mansion
I may change both of those FP+. I also had one for Splash but Disney sent me an email saying that Splash was not available at the time requested. Ok then!
We will be at MK until we can't take it any longer and head pack to Pop for one last Disney sleep :cry:

10/5- Check out and fly home!
Our flight leaves at 10:15am, so no time to linger on property! But by that date I will probably be ready for my own bed :)

It is going to be one whirlwind of a vacation! I know we won't be able to do everything, and I keep trying to remind myself that. But I think we will have a real good time!

Tomorrow I'm going to attach more pictures from 2012. I'm having a lot of fun reliving the memories!!

officialtom

Enjoy Sanaa! We went last January and it's definitely on our list of favourites now. We also explored WL a bit and LOVED it! It's on my bucket list for someday when I win the lottery or learn how to properly save money...but why save money when I could head back to WDW...what a struggle!

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
Enjoy Sanaa! We went last January and it's definitely on our list of favourites now. We also explored WL a bit and LOVED it! It's on my bucket list for someday when I win the lottery or learn how to properly save money...but why save money when I could head back to WDW...what a struggle!

I've heard such great things about it! Especially the bread with dipping sauces and the butter chicken. I want it ALL! I can't wait to explore WL! The pictures are gorgeous, but I'm sure in person it's just that much better. :)

LisaBelle

Sounds like so much fun! I've never been on a cruise and really want to try a Disney cruise. Your ADRs look good. You will definitely enjoy looking around AKL before your ADR at Sanaa.

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
Sounds like so much fun! I've never been on a cruise and really want to try a Disney cruise. Your ADRs look good. You will definitely enjoy looking around AKL before your ADR at Sanaa.
Thank you! I've never been on a cruise either. I'm sure i'll be hooked as soon as I board that ship! :D
I'm really excited for my ADRs! I cancelled my one for Chefs de France, and i'm still on the fence to cancel BoG. I really don't want to though. I worked hard to get that :)

draybook

Awesome! Have a great time!! Y'all on the non-stop flight there? Ours are, I hate having to stop in Atlanta! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!

Oh yeah, non-stop for sure.

I had to go to Detroit for work back in June. They had us go from MEM to CHA and then connecting flights to DTW. Man, I had no idea that the Charlotte airport was so big. I haven't been through the Atlanta airport since I left the Army. That place is big too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom