lost magicbands

allgiggles

We haven't had any trouble with them falling off but my 16 yo son has managed to ruin 2 of them. If you keep snapping and unsnapping them (like a nervous habit -- I'm talking dozens of times a day, not just the once or twice a day that a person will *typically* snap and unsnap their Magic Band), the little "stubs" will break off and you won't be able to close it. You would have thought my son would have learned to *not* do that after ruining his first one (on a 3-day trip). Nope. He did make progress, though. The next trip was 7 days and he didn't manage to break it until Day 7.

Seanual757

In the almost 2 years I have had mine myself, nor my wife or 2 kids have every lost our Magic Band. We every other week to the parks, and pools. We say 3-4 times a year at the resorts and again never lost ours. We have never had a band fall off, at night we put them by the TV and put them back on in the morning.

MickeyMomV

We have never lost one but now I'm envisioning a huge box full of Magic Bands that have been lost throughout the park during the day/week/month.

Firepath

I have never lost one myself but have found a child sized on each of our past 2 trips. When we were at Typhoon Lagoon in June, a CM told me that lots of them fell off there.

ninjaprincesst

Maybe you can get a "bad" one that is looser then it should be.
The only time I ever had one come lose was due to it being too lose. I caught it before it fell off, but once I took the outside part off it was fine and I have never had a problem since. I would always recomend women and kids take the outer part off.

WillCAD

I've used MagicBands on three stays at WDW since they were introduced - a total of about 4 weeks of continuous, everyday wear - and thus far I've never had one fall off.

Of course, I'm not as rough on them as a toddler or a teen. But my teenage niece had no difficulty with hers over a 2-week stay, and that was in cold weather when we were constantly wearing sweatshirts and jackets. She and my brother also went to the water park and swam most of the day with the MBs on, and neither of them came loose.

So, while they certainly can and do fall off and get lost at times, it's not a major concern for most people. If you happen to get one with studs that don't feel tight enough to be secure, you can always exchange it for a gray one at the front desk, or buy a replacement for $13 if you must have a color one, or try wearing a Magic Bandit to make it more secure.

JasonDeyoung

I've been wearing them now since they were introduced during testing and I guess I've been lucky? Never had one fall off or even close to it. I wear my AP one obviously a lot and it' still snaps on very secure as it did brand new. I have a collection now of about 25 of the things and they all stayed on. I don't wear them in the hotel room, otherwise it's on my arm. As said above when I'm in my room I set it by something I know I need and won't forget like my phone etc. I have worn a few swimming and they didn't really fade but as I'm looking one of them I did use at Blizzard Beach is a little faded. Granted that is my oldest one. Anyways, yeah they NORMALLY don't fall off but accidents happen. Nothing's 100% but I def don't worry about it while I'm at the parks. Worst case like said earlier, deactivate it and grab a new one. Easy process. I usually pack my AP one and 1-2 backups just in case to be safe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom