Poly - Is theme park view worth the extra $$$

Gucci65

Original Poster
I have an upcoming trip in October and was just wondering if the theme park views rooms at the Polynesian are really worth the money. Any and all input will be greatly appreciated!

Gucci65

Original Poster
Exactly! I have been in a theme park view room when my daughter did the DCP and it was in celebration of her completing the program. It was great, but would I recommend it for just a "regular" visit (ie - no celebrations)? Not sure...

Polydweller

We do every time. Sitting on the balcony with a drink and snacks watching the water pageant and the fireworks most nights is great. Absolutely worth it. And in the morning getting up and watching the boat traffic and monorails running through CR and GF is wonderful. Lots of details like that happen during the day that you wouldn't otherwise know about including daytime fireworks over the castle.

awheartsdw

We just returned from the Poly with a theme park room at club level. It was absolutely worth it. One night there was a storm coming in during wishes. It was so nice to be on the balcony watching the fireworks and not have to be affected by the storm. It was lovely to wake up each morning and sit outside and watch the park and monorail resorts "wake up" it all added to the experience of having a theme park view. We had a theme park view last summer at CR and watched wishes from bed. To me, there's nothing better. That's the epitome of Disney.

DaisyDoesDisney

We always spend time on our balcony before bed. We're absolutely willing to pay extra for the best view. I's important to us. I know a lot of people say the room itself isn't all that important on vacation but to me it's one of the most important parts and I'm willing to pay accordingly. It comes down to personal choice. What's important to you? If my room isn't clean, comfy, spacious, and well appointed, or if it lacks a good scenic view......I'd rather be at home.

surfsupdon

I would not any longer, with the new bungalows in the way.

I would pay for a Garden View, which includes the Marina part of the lake, and request that marina view with a full balcony. I love water views at night.

How much time do you spend in your room? Long 10 day or so trip, probably worth the extra money. Short trip, maybe not.
Fiji marina view is very nice for a lot less money. I think those are still considered 'standard' views.

surfsupdon

There are some fabulous theme park view rooms in Tuvalu that are unaffected by the bungalows. The soundtrack from any fireworks show in MK can also be heard from those rooms. :happy:

Thank you for clearing my post up.

I used to stay Tahiti lake view top floor--but not any longer.

Gucci65

Original Poster
Thanks to everyone for the replies. Theme park view room was booked (not by me lol), so I will let you know AFTER the trip whether it was worth it or not!

Bairstow

There are some fabulous theme park view rooms in Tuvalu that are unaffected by the bungalows. The soundtrack from any fireworks show in MK can also be heard from those rooms. :happy:

Good to know, but to reemphasize, the theme park and water views from the rest of the resort have been severely compromised by the bungalows.
Even for the rooms without a water view, losing most of the beach has drastically reduced the overall appeal of this resort for a lot of people.

DisneyJunkie

Oddly enough, you can still get a "theme park view" without paying for a "theme park view" room. From the Poly, all you can really see of MK are the spires of Cinderella Castle. My wife and I tend to stay in the Aotearoa longhouse on the 3rd floor in what is actually considered a "standard view" room, and it actually provides a great view of the castle from the balcony. I think it escapes the "theme park view" category because the longhouse right in front of it does kind of stick out a bit as you're looking straight ahead on the balcony, but not nearly so much as to block the view.

As much as I love the Poly, if I was going to put up money for a "theme park view" anywhere, it would be in a tower room at the Contemporary (which I've yet to stay at).

blueboxdoctor

I'm not sure. I feel as long as you don't have a parking lot view you are good. When we go down it is usually at the Tokelau, and it's nice having a view of the area where the pool is. I'm sure it's nice to face the full lake and MK, but the park is so far away that you don't see that much and you can watch the fireworks from the beach (well, I'm not sure how the new rooms on the water obstruct the view), which is also really nice.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I'm not sure. I feel as long as you don't have a parking lot view you are good. When we go down it is usually at the Tokelau, and it's nice having a view of the area where the pool is. I'm sure it's nice to face the full lake and MK, but the park is so far away that you don't see that much and you can watch the fireworks from the beach (well, I'm not sure how the new rooms on the water obstruct the view), which is also really nice.
Tokelau is now part of DVC.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I'm assuming that's Disney Vacation Club? And as such I'm further assuming it means I would not be able to stay there. Sort of sad news, but I now am liking Fort Wilderness, so all is well.
Correct. You can still stay there, either by renting points from a DVC member or paying cash to Disney for a studio villa (assuming there is availability.) I just wanted you to know that Tokelau is no longer an option for a regular (standard) Poly room.

blueboxdoctor

Correct. You can still stay there, either by renting points from a DVC member or paying cash to Disney for a studio villa (assuming there is availability.) I just wanted you to know that Tokelau is no longer an option for a regular (standard) Poly room.

Thanks for the heads up, luckily there are a lot of other good places at the Poly to stay, but that has been a consistently good one for a few years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom