The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

GiveMeTheMusic

Miceage's update today shows the new Princess and the Frog themed window display at the Emporium. That's 3 of the 6 done, right? There's Frozen, Aladdin and Toy Story left I think.

They also say there will be fewer Halloween decorations this year. No orange bunting or lampost touches on Main Street. They'll all stay 60th themed with the Mickey pumpking in Town Square sitting alongside them.

Sounds about right. At Christmas they'll do diamond-ized decorations, but that's harder to do for Halloween.

Stevek

Miceage's update today shows the new Princess and the Frog themed window display at the Emporium. That's 3 of the 6 done, right? There's Frozen, Aladdin and Toy Story left I think.

They also say there will be fewer Halloween decorations this year. No orange bunting or lampost touches on Main Street. They'll all stay 60th themed with the Mickey pumpkin in Town Square sitting alongside them.
The P&F window is fantastic though it's such a minor movie compared to others I'm a bit surprised they used it. They really are doing an amazing job on these windows though.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
Sounds about right. At Christmas they'll do diamond-ized decorations, but that's harder to do for Halloween.

It was mentioned almost as an after thought that "dazzling new decor" would debut for this years Halloween Time. It was buried within a post about Mickeys Halloween Party. Ill be happy for ANY new decor.

I am pleased to see in the new Micechat update some new (at least new to me) jack o lanterns this year on Main Street!

George Lucas on a Bench

So it really bites that the Storybook Land Canal Boats close at night due to the electrical parade. We managed to get on when they miraculously reopened 15 minutes before park closing, which doesn't always happen. But it seems this attraction is now typically unavailable in the evening, the best time to ride! Okay, I say send Paint the Night back to Hong Kong.

The Empress Lilly

So it really bites that the Storybook Land Canal Boats close at night due to the electrical parade. We managed to get on when they miraculously reopened 15 minutes before park closing, which doesn't always happen. But it seems this attraction is now typically unavailable in the evening, the best time to ride! Okay, I say send Paint the Night back to Hong Kong.
That nighttime ride video was fantastic. Truly magical. I loved all the twinkling lights in the tree and above the canal. At least DL has still got those.

Disney is so great at night!

Nland316

Holiday dates were announced. November 13th through January 6th. No specific details were announced other than extra dazzle being added for the 60th. Is the Matterhorn Star still supposed to come back? Anybody know?

Sage of Time

Holiday dates were announced. November 13th through January 6th. No specific details were announced other than extra dazzle being added for the 60th. Is the Matterhorn Star still supposed to come back? Anybody know?
I kinda doubt it, seeing that DL Forever uses the top of the Matterhorn for the Nemo section. Shame. MatterStar would have been cool to see.

Skippy

My 60th nighttime show thoughts:
Paint the night doesn't do enough for me to beat the nostalgia of msep or spectro. (Also I have a strong dislike for owl city)

I absolutely adore Disneyland forever. I think it's fantastic. And the final line with Mickey makes me tear up ever time I've seen it.

World of color, I liked the old show better. This one is paced weird and doesn't showcase the fountains enough which was the main draw for me.

Last edited:

Skippy

I saw Forever near "small world" for the first time last night. It was amazing, and I saw projections I had never seen before.
Aw man. We were in Frontierland last night during DL
Forever (showing my friend Fantasmic! for the first time) I didn't know they had projections on the Fantasmic water screens and even fireworks out there. That show is really a park-wide event.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Aw man. We were in Frontierland last night during DL
Forever (showing my friend Fantasmic! for the first time) I didn't know they had projections on the Fantasmic water screens and even fireworks out there. That show is really a park-wide event.

Yep, it is. There are multiple vantage points for the show. It's easily the most "complex" firework Disneyland's ever had, complex in that there's A LOT going on with the show.

Figments Friend

Perhaps that is why it didn't make much of an impression on me.....there was too much going on.

I wanted to enjoy this new presentation but something was missing.
It started off with such promise..the 'orange grove' scene...but then soon turns into just another ' Disneys Greatest Hits' production number.

I found the projections on Main Street to be too distracting, and 'busy'.
Instead of enhancing the experience, for me it diminished it somewhat.
When I watched the fireworks another night directly in front of Big Thunder Mountain, I actually enjoyed it more with just the pyro.

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

I'm a little surprised so many people don't like Paint the Night, I just saw it again this weekend (for the 4th time) and still find it stunning. I also think it has an amazing intro and one of the most catchy tunes I've heard, to each their own I guess.

I still prefer Remember Dreams Come True to Disneyland Forever but I've only seen it twice, both times from the middle of Main Street USA to see the projections, this weekend a few people told me it's better to view it from the hub area with the castle projections and the Matterhorn projections so I'll give that a try next time.

ETA: I'd still rate Disneyland Forever a 9, Remember was just a 10.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I'm a little surprised so many people don't like Paint the Night, I just saw it again this weekend (for the 4th time) and still find it stunning. I also think it has an amazing intro and one of the most catchy tunes I've heard, to each their own I guess.

I still prefer Remember Dreams Come True to Disneyland Forever but I've only seen it twice, both times from the middle of Main Street USA to see the projections, this weekend a few people told me it's better to view it from the hub area with the castle projections and the Matterhorn projections so I'll give that a try next time.

From what I've seen, most people do like Paint the Night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom