Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

ght

Does anyone think that we could be getting more than two new attractions from TSL? The two attractions planned look very nice, but I was wondering if we could see another attraction in the land.
I suspect we will only see two new rides, but there may be other "attractions" such as M&Gs.

Unplugged

What about a downhill launching coaster? Does that exist.
The problem with that is you'd need a lift hill to return the coaster back to top anyway. A traditional coaster creates kinetic energy either from gravity pulling it down from the top of a hill or using linear motors to accelerate (and thus create kinetic energy) from electromagnetic force. The greater the thrills, such as loops, hills, etc, the more kinetic energy you need as it gets consumed throughout the ride. Thus, a starting point for a downhill launch would require a massive hill be built for the station at the top, then the passengers would have to get to the top to ride.

All in all, not practical in the slightest. I doubt you'd ever see that unless the whole park was at the top of the hill. But, anything is possible given enough time & money.

doctornick

Does anyone think that we could be getting more than two new attractions from TSL? The two attractions planned look very nice, but I was wondering if we could see another attraction in the land.
I would suspect that those will be the only two rides, otherwise any other rides would have been announced at the same time at D23. The only exception to that might be if they have another ride planned, but are deciding between concepts and so they didn't want to prematurely announced. However, with the detailed concept art, I think it's unlikely there is any other rides.

We will almost certainly see some M&Gs. I think there will be a Buzz one in the upper left corner (behind the building with the Buzz spaceship on the roof) and a Woody (and maybe Bullseye or Jessie) in the lower right in the "Sheriff" or "Hotel" building. Maybe there might be a show in the area (if so, it would probably be Woody's Roundup themed and go in the bottom right behind the "Hotel").

Personally, I think they are missing out by only having 2 additional rides in this area. DHS is really calling out for multiple ride additions and I think they should have shot for 3-4 additional rides in this expansion especially since the coaster will have a height restriction. It would have been wonderful to have a dark ride here, but at least another flat ride would have been something.

raymusiccity

I'm really, really hoping that it'll be okay. That it'll be a bright splash of magic and color. But I'm scared to death it'll look like a mishmash of cheap carnival rides. I sure hope I'm wrong.

Universal has already opened the Simpson's area with carnival booths and flat spinners without any criticism.

Disney releases some concept art, and it's a 'mishmash'. :-(

ght

Personally, I think they are missing out by only having 2 additional rides in this area. DHS is really calling out for multiple ride additions and I think they should have shot for 3-4 additional rides in this expansion especially since the coaster will have a height restriction. It would have been wonderful to have a dark ride here, but at least another flat ride would have been something.

One thing I would have liked to have seen is one more ride with no height restrictions (preferably a dark ride). The two new additions are nice but it looks like both new rides will have height restrictions (though both should be modest) so it would have been nice to see something added to TSMM without a restriction.

Last edited:

Bocabear

well... I love thrill rides don't get me wrong... but that is just another thing (in my opinion) that really sets Disney apart from other theme parks and that is many good attractions the whole family can experience together.
but the whole family can't experience Meet and Greets together...that hits one target... but they continue to add more and more attractions to appeal to one certain demographic...

twebber55

but the whole family can't experience Meet and Greets together...that hits one target... but they continue to add more and more attractions to appeal to one certain demographic...
it will be interesting to see the types of attractions developed for Pandora, Star Wars, Toy Story what type of height requirements

matt9112

Universal has already opened the Simpson's area with carnival booths and flat spinners without any criticism.

Krusty land is a real place in the Simpsons universe though? But your right Simpsons land for all practical purposes was Diagon allys TSPL like TSPL is to SW land. Granted it has adult appeal as well with the duff brewery and moes. We shall see.

Magenta Panther

Aw, did I upset you? Here:

a-big-hug-for-you-teddy-bear-graphic.jpg

lazyboy97o

The Simpsons is a distinct universe. Anything could be added, but to work it has to pass through a distinct filter. No such unique view exists with Toy Story Land.

Well, you know, that whole Walt quote about Daddy's day with the two daughters....
Both of whom were well old enough when those days occurred and we're adults when he opened Disneyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom