Disney Springs development to bring massive expansion to Buena Vista Drive

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Still building bridge over canal between Epcot Drive & Typhoon Lagoon entrance. Looks like they are getting close to lane changes so last section (west away from DTD) bridge can be replaced.

From Nearmap, August 5th:

Capture.JPG

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, Aug 27. The pedestrian bridge near the Orange parking garage now has railings on the long staircase.

IMG_6044.JPG

As announced, as of Tuesday, Aug 25th, the center section of Buena Visa Drive near the Orange garage is now open to eastbound traffic. Reconfiguration/construction of the old eastbound Buena Visa Drive traffic lanes is now ongoing. You can no longer turn left from eastbound Buena Visa drive at the Orange garage entrance. Entrance to the Orange garage is gained by either a right turn from westbound Buena Visa drive, or a left turn from eastbound Buena Visa Drive at the Typhoon Lagoon intersection.

IMG_6047.JPG

djkidkaz

Photo update as of Thursday, Aug 27. The pedestrian bridge near the Orange parking garage now has railings on the long staircase.

View attachment 108081

As announced, as of Tuesday, Aug 25th, the center section of Buena Visa Drive near the Orange garage is now open to eastbound traffic. Reconfiguration/construction of the old eastbound Buena Visa Drive traffic lanes is now ongoing. You can no longer turn left from eastbound Buena Visa drive at the Orange garage entrance. Entrance to the Orange garage is gained by either a right turn from westbound Buena Visa drive, or a left turn from eastbound Buena Visa Drive at the Typhoon Lagoon intersection.

View attachment 108082

Anyone know if the pedestrian bridges have elevators? If not, how are they ADA compliant?

Texas84

Great video! For my fellow Georgians, you can get a Peach Pass and that links with SunPass and the North Carolina toll system. Very convenient.

G00fyDad

Great video! For my fellow Georgians, you can get a Peach Pass and that links with SunPass and the North Carolina toll system. Very convenient.

I live in Indiana and bought a Sunpass transponder. LOL I keep it loaded with $25 and we take it with us on our trips to use in the rental car after we land at MCO. We go off property enough to make it worthwhile.

nelsonj3

Thanks, everyone! Glad you enjoyed the video, and I'm glad some of you are using SunPass! I didn't know you could link it to a Georgia pass too. That's nice!

Mouse Detective

Thanks, everyone! Glad you enjoyed the video, and I'm glad some of you are using SunPass! I didn't know you could link it to a Georgia pass too. That's nice!
By 2017 all systems in the USA have to have inter-operability with each other which means all toll-pass systems will link with each other. Your local pass will work in Florida and Florida's SunPass (including Orlando's E-PASS) will work in all other states.

G00fyDad

By 2017 all systems in the USA have to have inter-operability with each other which means all toll-pass systems will link with each other. Your local pass will work in Florida and Florida's SunPass (including Orlando's E-PASS) will work in all other states.

Where did you see/hear that?

roj2323

This sounds fantastic. Now all we need to do is get the auto manufactures to build them into the cars so we don't have to look at the things on the window.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom