Definitive Drinking Around The World Guide

HeatherWatson

Trolls gonna troll.

Ive never understood returning to the same message forum just to start trouble. Makes no sense.

That's why I can't think of anything else to say but "ooooh, my" after earlier comments recanting a certain poster's behavior. I mean, really, why comment without any material relevant to the OP's topic? I don't enjoy being nasty. Sometimes people need to just butt out instead of pursuing an argument that really has nothing to do with the queries proposed by the original OP, who I feel posted with zero intention of sparkling a debate.

And that's why I'm keeping my mouth shut because I have a whole lot to say in response to the one seemingly antagonistic post on this thread, but I'm not gonna feed a troll and get a thread locked when OP has proposed an honest question.

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

That's why I can't think of anything else to say but "ooooh, my" after earlier comments recanting a certain poster's behavior. I mean, really, why comment without any material relevant to the OP's topic? I don't enjoy being nasty. Sometimes people need to just butt out instead of pursuing an argument that really has nothing to do with the queries proposed by the original OP, who I feel posted with zero intention of sparkling a debate.

And that's why I'm keeping my mouth shut because I have a whole lot to say in response to the one seemingly antagonistic post on this thread, but I'm not gonna feed a troll and get a thread locked when OP has proposed an honest question.

And I give honest advice here. People are gonna try to drink around the world. Nothing can be done to stop that.

Best thing I or anyone else can do is to give people good tips on how to survive that safely.

PhotoDave219

@PhotoDave219, you always give good advice! I will forever appreciate your guidance on how to navigate the F&W Festival in another post...thanks again :)

Seriously, water is the the absolute key to surviving WDW regardless of whether or not you choose to imbibe.

People need to be drinking at least one of those 16oz (think medium McDonald's size) every hour or two just walking around.

HeatherWatson

Seriously, water is the the absolute key to surviving WDW regardless of whether or not you choose to imbibe.

People need to be drinking at least one of those 16oz (think medium McDonald's size) every hour or two just walking around.

Exactly. Water is key on any Disney trip. That's why we equip our park bag with a camel bag ALWAYS!!!!

ETA: Which is a good idea for you too OP!

PhotoDave219

Exactly. Water is key on any Disney trip. That's why we equip our park bag with a camel bag ALWAYS!!!!

ETA: Which is a good idea for you too OP!

I was doing surveys, this was August 2004, at Epcot. Found a guest feeling very ill up by the towers shops on a bench, shortly after lunch. 2PM ish if I remember. (Back when there still were benches there). Short version, guest was very susceptible to heat related illnesses. All they had to drink since breakfast was just a large diet coke. Reedy Creek came, evaluated them, got some fluids in them, gave them a stern talking to and then the guest and their family were driven back to their hotel from backstage.

Water is the absolute key to surviving this hot, humid, hellish environment - even more so when you're trying to do 13 drinks in 11 hours.

HeatherWatson

Water is the absolute key to surviving this hot, humid, hellish environment - even more so when you're trying to do 13 drinks in 11 hours.

So true! While the heat is no doubt dangerous to any person, the humidity is especially threatening to people who have not been accustomed to living under such conditions. The same is true vice versa. I moved from a very humid climate in NC to a very dry one in MT, and it messed with my system horribly. I also think the higher elevation allowed the booze to work me different too!

While my anecdote may seem irrelevant to the thread topic, ultimately I am pointing to the fact OP need to consider how the Florida whether could impact how his body might hand "Drinking Around the World."

(Y'all will have to forgive me--it's midnight and my ADHD meds wore off long, LONG ago, so I might chase around my elbow a few times before arriving at my ...ie my point haha) ...and that's assuming I ever even come across as making one :p

gibson12

The one time I had the avocado margarita it must have been made to perfection, because it only had a hint of sweetness. I've been afraid to re-order it because I heard they now use a pre-mix that reduces the quality. Also, it was fourteen dollars.

Other ones I've tried: 1) Tipsy Ducks In Love from China was a coffee drink with a STRONG taste of bourbon, but didn't really make me that tipsy (and I have very low tolerance) 2) Schofferhofer grapefruit beer in Germany--for anyone who's never really liked beer, you might want to give this a try. 3) Both the English Rose and Welsh Dragon in the UK -- sweet cocktails that again didn't seem too strong.

The first thing I want to try on my next trip is a beer from Canada called Fin du Monde that gets many high recommendations.

Not sure how I would coordinate all my favorites into one drinking around the world session, since I would have to mix beers and liquors. I think I'm fine trying two or three a trip.

JasonDeyoung

Also, I usually start right at 11 when WS opens and pace myself. Grab some lunch go take a break, ride a ride or two and hydrate (water) and depending on the day head back to the hotel for a bit. Had back in the evening when the suns not so intense and it's darker out.

jharvey

I think at this point we all know that the blanked out website is e*a*s*y*w*d*w*.com. Why are they so childish as to block out something we all know exists.

jharvey

Do they have something against them? Off topic, I know, but that's how conversations work.
I don't know the story. I know that, month's ago, I responded to thread on trip planning. I said something about relying on three sites. wdwmagic, disneyfoodblog, and the site that shall not be mentioned, and they blurred out Josh's site. He usually saves his vitriol for TouringPlan.com. Worst I've seen him say about this site was mocking how some on this site see the end of the world with every malfunctioning AA.

VoiceGuy07

Great to see this thread has stayed on topic (for the most part) and hasn't veered off to a tee totaling, damnation drinking thread. Someone asked how to do it right, many knowledgable folks have weighed in. I'm impressed!

righttrack

I can only give some advice, though YMMV

• I advise beer where it's not awful (Morocco and China beer = :hungover:) Beer hydrates a bit more. Avoid the high ABV beers in Canada and US beer stand unless you are finishing there. I love them but this is more a quantity exercise.
  • Shots where shots are good such as Tequila in Mexico or Aquavit in Norway because it's interesting and worth a try.
  • I strongly suggest avoiding wine, for some reason it seems to heat the body and turn up the sweat machine, though a sake in Japan is nice
  • The slushy drinks feel cooling but they are more expensive
  • Drink water too, lots of it
  • Eat big first, like Germany Biergarten Buffet big!

Mickey5150

Great to see this thread has stayed on topic (for the most part) and hasn't veered off to a tee totaling, damnation drinking thread. Someone asked how to do it right, many knowledgable folks have weighed in. I'm impressed!
Well honestly, I don't think people should be drinking. It is very wrong since it takes alcohol away from me. Shame everyone

ryguy

Definitely want to do this one day. :hungry::brb:

Since I like my beer like water, I will probably partake in the mixed/slushy drink challenge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom