The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Polka band? That must have been fun! We never had a polka band or any band at my church--just occasional organ music. Oh well. Anyway, I hope that you enjoyed your church service today. :)

Meanwhile, I went to church this morning (no polka band . . . ). Sitting in front of me, was a mother, and her three teenaged kids. No sooner did Mass begin, when one of them turns on her smartphone . . . and then her brother turns on his. They started showing each other pictures from the phones . . . Every now and then, they'd turn off the phones, but the phones were on, more than they were off. What particularly frosted me was that the mother saw this going on, and she did not say or do anything to stop it?!! :confused: :banghead:

Yeah the polka band was really fun. I kept craving German food from the Biergarten throughout the whole service though. So I think we might be eating there in November! :) I told hubby that he should invite the band back next year and he said a lot of congregation members have already told him that. I was a little mad at hubby though he never told me that the band was going to actually start playing at 8:30 until the actual start of the service at 9, so I showed up at 8:45 and missed a good chunk of the before service music. And hubby also told me that the polka band actually opened up with it's a small world! :mad: You'd think living with the pastor would have given me the inside info!

Too bad about the teens in front of you at church. That would have really annoyed me. I went to my sister's church with her to watch my niece's Christmas program a couple year's ago and my sister started playing a game on her phone. I was really embarrassed and annoyed. My sister thought it was okay because it was the boring (sermon) part of the service. :facepalm:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I've had teachers like that. I had a teacher in high school who gave me a zero on a piece of homework because SHE gave me the wrong assignment. I had a speech tournament on the weekend, so I got all my assignments before I left, turned it in and she said I did the wrong assignment. I had the sticky note she wrote with the assignment on it and she said even though it was her writing, it was still the wrong assignment and she wouldn't accept it, nor would she give me extra time to complete the correct one. My mom went in to talk to her and she wouldn't back down. It was disrespectful of me to argue with her. I had 100% in that class anyway, so it didn't even affect my grade, but it was the principle of the thing.
Then I had a GA in college for a math class who didn't even know that .15 is a decimal presentation of 15% and therefore the same.
.15 =15%. He argued with the entire class insisting it wasn't the same. And he gave me a zero on a bar graph because he wanted the bars to go vertical, but he wanted the x-axis values across the bottom. I told him that's impossible, it won't work that way, that if he wanted the x-axis values across the bottom, the bars had to go left to right. I asked math and science teachers and everyone I knew and they all said he was nuts. He was a social work grad student who wanted a GA position and the only thing they had available was a math class. He wasn't qualified to teach. My husband and I were dating at the time, but he was in the Netherlands and I was in the US...he was studying to be an engineer, so obviously a strong mathematical background. He tutored me in that class over the phone every night or I'd never have passed it. I don't think I learned a single thing from that teacher.

If I had been your teacher in the first scenario I would have owned up to it and given you credit for the assignment. That is just stupid of her to punish your or any other student for her mistake.

catmom46

Wow. That sounds great! The only time I went to Uni was way back when it first opened and I wasn't impressed. I know it's grown leaps and bounds since and is supposed to be awesome. But, I can barely swing a trip to WDW each year, and if I split that up, I'd have only 2-3 days at WDW and 2 at Uni. That's just too much moving around for a 5-day trip (and don't forget the time taken up by the airline flights and travel to/from the airport, etc.). So until I hit the lottery, I'll stick with WDW for now . . .

I agree. I considered doing a day at Uni last month, mainly to see Harry Potter, but couldn't justify the cost, especially since we don't do well on motion simulator rides. I will wait for HP when it's out here instead. :)

StarWarsGirl

So, I'm not ambidextrous, and I'm right-handed, and I wear my watch on my right wrist. I must be some sort of freak of nature! :jawdrop: :D
You and me both! They are just so uncomfortable on my left wrist.
update-high-five.gif

catmom46

The Matterhorn is awesome! It is really bumpy but for some reason I don't mind it, even though bumpiness is the main reason I don't like WDW's Space Mountain. I think the Matterhorn is best at sunset to night time.

It's funny how the bumpiness isn't everyone's cup of tea cuz I LOVE IT. Always have, always will. I guess for me it's part of the charm. :D

StarWarsGirl

I haven't been on DL's Space Mountain in over six years, so I can't really remember how smooth the track was. I don't really notice the bumpiness at WDW though.
DL's Space Mountain is really smooth. Matterhorn and WDW's Space Mountain are rougher. Matterhorn especially. That thing beats me up. I've been on wooden roller coasters in Hershey Park that are smoother than that thing. I'm almost too old for Matterhorn at the age of 20. :joyfull:

catmom46

I haven't been on DL's Space Mountain in over six years, so I can't really remember how smooth the track was. I don't really notice the bumpiness at WDW though.

It's been about 5 years for me since I went on DL SM, but when I went on it at WDW last month (I think I was on the right side), it seemed less intense to me. But I don't consider DL's to be bumpy at all, I feel it has a tendency more to whip you around, plus there's one big dip that I love cuz I never seem to know when to expect it, no matter how many times I've gone on it already. :p

brb1006

So far I really love my birthday gift which is "Disney Marie A Is For Adorable" which is a book and a CD which has a cute theme about Marie in it. I lessened to the CD twice, and I'm already imaging this is the type of song that the Dapper Dans would do a perfect cover if they ever heard this song.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom