Trip Report When in Disney! June 2015 Trip Report

Day 1: June 7, 2015

Though I'm not happy about it, we're home from an absolutely magical trip to the World! This was the best trip to Disney that I've ever had, hands down. So of course I must share every last detail with all of you. :rolleyes: If you didn't read my PTR and would like to, you can find it here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/were-baaaaack-june-2015-trip.896231/

I mentioned in my PTR that Heather had dyed her hair and would be appearing as a brunette in my actual TR.. Just kidding. She went back to blonde 2 days before we left. :hilarious:

One more thing.. my camera takes horrible quality pictures, so I'll apologize for that in advance. I have an iPhone 5, so it does okay. Our PhotoPass ones are good though.

Okay, enough with the intros.. Let's get on with the fun stuff, shallllll we? :D

Our flight left at 6:30pm on June 7th, so we planned to leave my house by 2pm to make sure we had plenty of time to get there, check in, etc. Fortunately, the airline that we fly is out of it's own little airport with only one gate, so getting through security literally takes 3 minutes. I say this because we didn't actually leave until after 3pm. We went to the Taylor Swift concert in Pittsburgh the night before, so we were slightly rushed in finishing up our packing and of course, showing our hundreds of pictures to my mom before we left. I won't make you look at ALL of them, but here's a few. :rolleyes:

11401383_114586885542052_4205874523807338426_n.jpg

She was FANTASTIC. I can't even express how awesome she was. We're thinking of seeing her again this fall when she's in Ohio. Fingers crossed. :inlove:

Anyhow, let's get back to Disney. Ready to roll!

IMG_7254.JPG

Like I said, we were on the road a little after 3pm, and Heather realizes that she forgot her glow necklaces. These are essential for every viewing of Wishes, Fantasmic!, and Illuminations. Right? Maybe that's just us. So we had to make a pitstop at her house, which is fortunately not far from mine, to grab those. Glow necklaces in hand, we made our second attempt to get to the airport. We're a disaster.

Now we're cruising along, Disney music blaring, singing obnoxiously. And then I realized something slightly problematic. The conversation went something like this:

Me- Hez.. I'm pretty sure I forgot my shorts.
Heather- Like how sure?
Me- 99%. I put them in the dryer and I feel quite sure that they're still there. That gives me 2 pairs of pants for the week… including the ones I'm wearing.

Naturally, Heather is laughing hysterically. Literally a disaster.

So our flight leaves at 6:26pm.. we rolled into JC Penney at 5:03pm. It's highly likely that people thought we were stealing stuff because I know for a fact that we looked completely crazed lol. So we're running through the store, looking for jean shorts that I'm satisfied with. Do you think they had anything in my size? Nope. We finally found a pair that would do, so I grabbed 3 sizes, took off for the fitting rooms, and was back out within a couple of minutes. I've never before gotten overheated from trying on clothes. :hilarious: I actually hate the shorts that I got. They have these weird gems all over the back pockets and are just weird- my exact words in my notes from the trip are, "No cute shorts- I will now have a bedazzled butt for the week." Hahaha. We were just a little giddy and slightly sleep deprived. Don't judge us.

So now I had an additional pair of pants and we finished the drive to the airport, getting there around 5:30pm. I truly wish you could have seen us trying to get our suitcase (we shared because you have to pay to check a bag with our airline) out of the car and then hauling it, along with our obnoxiously large carry-ons, through the parking lot.

I went to the kiosk to print our boarding passes and told Heather to throw our bag on the scale to make sure it wasn't too heavy (40 lb. is the limit). So she comes over and informs me that we're at 42 lb. and starts moving things to her carry-on. We weigh it again and are down to 38 lb., so she decides to put a few things back in the suitcase. Weigh again- now we're at 40.36 lb. If looks could kill, mine would have dropped her right then and there. We finally got it down to 39.68 lb. and I drug it toward the check-in counter before she could try again. She swears up and down that it was too heavy because her shirt was cotton- yep, that has to be it Hez.

Because we were cutting it close to boarding time, the kiosk wouldn't assign us seats so somebody at the desk had to help us. She told us that there weren't any seats left together and was SO dramatic about it. She kept repeating herself and then would just stare at us, and of course I just kept saying, "That's fine." She eventually did get us together, but when we walked away I looked at Heather and said, "We can't sit together? That's it. I'm not going." And dramatically stormed off. She appreciated the theatrics. :rolleyes: Not sure what the lady expected us to say.. so weird.

IMG_7255.JPG

Finally on the plane- together. ;) Peace out PA, Disney here we come! Our flight was pretty uneventful. We did have to wait about 10 minutes for an open gate when we landed at MCO, but no worries. It was 8:30ish when we arrived.

I was honestly SO excited to ride the Magical Express. Like, skipping through the airport excited. Surprised a video hasn't surfaced of the crazy 22 year old acting like a child. No regrets.

FOUND IT.:D

IMG_1317.JPG

First time of the trip!!! A little blurry.. Sorry, I was excited.
IMG_7259.JPG

Pure joy :hilarious:
IMG_7260.JPG

IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1319.JPG

We waited in line about 10 minutes, and then another 20 minutes once we boarded. So you know what that means…

MAGICAL EXPRESS SELFIE! Actually, we call it an "ussie," but to each their own. :rolleyes: Look at Heather with her seatbelt on hahaha. She took it off before we pulled out because nobody else was wearing it. :hilarious:
IMG_7262.jpg

We finally got going and watched the little welcome video to keep ourselves entertained. I also killed it on Disney trivia. :bookworm: We made stops at Coronado Springs, All Star Sports, and then All Star Music (our stop). All Star Movies was the last stop- keeping that in mind for future trips.

Last edited:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Day 6: June 12, 2015 - Part 5

We decided to do some exploring at our resort when we got back. I'm a drummer, so this picture was a must. ;)
IMG_7448.jpg

We found these awesome musical billboards that we hadn't noticed until today! Somebody please take me to see all of these shows. :inlove:
IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

IMG_1522.jpg

I have no idea why I'm standing so awkwardly. :hilarious:
IMG_7454.jpg

I actually went and saw this one in March and it was spectacular! I'll gladly go again. :D
IMG_7451.jpg

IMG_7456.jpg

We finished exploring and then returned to our room to freshen up for dinner. We caught a bus back to Magic Kingdom around 5:00pm and then hopped on the resort loop monorail. Our reservation wasn't until 6:25pm, but it's a good thing that we left so early because one of the other monorail's was stopped for a maintenance check, so that held us up as well.

I thought that I got more pictures than what I did of our resort loop tour, but apparently I only took this one at the Contemporary. Oh how I want to stay here! :rolleyes:
IMG_1524.jpg

Monorail ussie! ;) Can you guess where we're heading?
IMG_7460.JPG

RyPat

Spoiler alert: I did not have a Dole Whip this trip. :cry: And I didn't even realize it until we were back home! We only spent time in Adventureland on the first day and right after our breakfast at Crystal Palace, so I wasn't hungry at the time. Of course now I'm kicking myself and wishing I would have realized before it was too late. :arghh: I had a couple of Mickey ice cream sandwiches.. does that count for anything!?

How could you forget a Dole Whip?! My oh my. I guess it's just so shocking to me because I think about Dole Whips all. the. time. :p

And... by the way... did you really go to Disney World and NOT have a Dole Whip or Dole Whip Float? Or a Mickey Bar?

I guess i'm in the minority when it comes to Dole Whips - i've had one, it was good - but i would gladly trade it for some School Bread in norway. Then again i might change my mind when i'm there in 2 weeks and its 95° :hungover:

fractal

Thank you! Meeting characters is my favorite thing to do at Disney. :)

Thank you! :) I'm an amateur and mostly just use my iPhone (don't hate me! I know how you feel about that. :rolleyes:) The pictures with the black dots are PhotoPass pictures.

Oh I have no hate for Iphone users. It's actually a decent camera and looks like you got some nice shots with it! Apparently, the Disney photospass guys need to clean their sensors. :D

briannarebelo

You ladies look like you are having such an amazing time, and you met SO many characters! I'm dying to meet that Mickey that talks, he looks like so much fun! Maybe next time I go! :D

officialtom

Day 5: June 11, 2015 - Part 2

Typically when I watch Festival of Fantasy, I get a spot right on Main Street. However, I decided that we should try the view from the train station and see if I liked it better. It's a great spot for this parade because of the larger than life floats! We got to the station at 2:30pm and had front row spots along the railing… can't beat it! Without further ado… :D

Excuse me while I fangirl…
View attachment 104457

View attachment 104458

View attachment 104459

Another fangirl moment, for multiple reasons. I'm not sure if any of you know Matt or not, but I follow him on Instagram and he was the first CM that I stumbled across. I now follow tons of them, but he's still probably my favorite. :) Anyway, he plays one of Flynn's friends (sorry, I forget what they're called at the moment!) and I'm pretty sure that's him in this picture. So that was exciting! The second reason for my fangirl moment… I mean, Flynn Rider? He did point, make direct eye contact, and then wink at me. I'm pretty sure that I actually squealed. :rolleyes: YUM.
View attachment 104462

View attachment 104460

My other Disney crush… ;)
View attachment 104461

View attachment 104463

View attachment 104464

View attachment 104465

View attachment 104466

The parade was AMAZING as always. I love it so much and it just screams Disney. I actually really liked watching from the train station. We weren't crowded and we got to stand in the shade. It was neat to see the top portions of the floats and those characters that you don't get to see when watching from the street. I'll probably watch from here again in the future, but it's also fun to watch from the street and have the opportunity to interact with some of the characters as they come by!

What's Matt's instagram account? I love following CMs!

Spoxy

Love your TR! you are a tally making me rethink my stance on waiting in line for characters. It looks like you guys had a great time, aND uou both looked so cute. Absolutly loved your cooridnating outfits! :)It was nice to see what the All Stars looked like as I think we will be staying at which ever one is cheapest for the forseable future. They are actually really nice and it seems like you get a bit more of the oversized Disney magic I love. The food at the food court looked excellent too. Thank you for sharing!

Last edited:

blreinsel

Original Poster
You ladies look like you are having such an amazing time, and you met SO many characters! I'm dying to meet that Mickey that talks, he looks like so much fun! Maybe next time I go! :D

We have SO much fun, if you couldn't tell. ;) Meeting characters is the best! Talking Mickey is awesome! You definitely need to fit him in. :)

Loving all the pictures!!! I love how much interaction you have with the characters!

Thank you! :)

What's Matt's instagram account? I love following CMs!

@mattfinnemore :)

Love your TR! you are a tally making me rethink my stance on waiting in line for characters. It looks like you guys had a great time, aND uou both looked so cute. Absolutly loved your cooridnating outfits! :)It was nice to see what the All Stars looked like as I think we will be staying at which ever one is cheapest for the forseable future. They are actually really nice and it seems like you get a bit more of the oversized Disney magic I love. The food at the food court looked excellent too. Thank you for sharing!

Waiting in line for characters is totally worth it!!! Thank you for all of your sweet words. :) I loved All Star Music and would definitely stay there again in the future! It was the cheapest at the time that we booked, which is why we chose it. Definitely worth the money!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Day 6: June 12, 2015 - Part 6

Our monorail tour took us to the Contemporary, TTC, Poly, and finally…..
IMG_1525.JPG

IMG_1526.JPG

IMG_1527.JPG

Oh Grand Floridian… How I wish I could afford to stay. The fact that these are on the floor are enough to make me want to throw my money at this place. :inlove:
IMG_1528.jpg

IMG_1529.jpg

We arrived at about 6:00pm and walked around a bit, checking things out. Then, we went and checked in at…
IMG_1530.JPG

IMG_1531.jpg

Hez's love for Cinderella made this place a must-do. And we both absolutely love character interactions with the stepmother and stepsisters. Yes please!

We checked in at 6:10pm and had our "family picture" taken. :hilarious:
GRAND_PARKFARE_7348175579.jpeg

GRAND_PARKFARE_7348175581.jpeg

We were then given a buzzer and told we'd be called when our table was ready. We waited outside in the garden and were called in at 6:30pm. This place is absolutely breathtaking.
IMG_1532.JPG

blreinsel

Original Poster
Day 6: June 12, 2015 - Part 7

We were seated and told that we'd have enough time to hit the buffet before our first character came out. You don't have to tell us twice! This is a really awkward picture.. And I thought I took others, but apparently not. Sorry everyone. :facepalm:
IMG_1533.jpg

My mouth is watering. This food was seriously YUMMY. Especially considering that it was a buffet, which we all know are hit or miss at Disney. This was not my only plate of food, but I didn't take pictures of the others.
IMG_1534.JPG

I did, however, take a picture of this absolutely wonderful concoction. When I first came across Strawberry Soup on somebody else's TR I was like, "that's disgusting. No way." Then I remembered, "when in Disney!" ;) It was so good and so refreshing, and I had two huge bowls of it lol.
IMG_1535.jpg

And of course, the desserts. :D Also really good, but I was totally stuffed. Otherwise, this plate probably would have had more on it. :rolleyes:
IMG_1541.JPG

Let's talk about the main event! These little cuties came out first, which I was really excited about because I've never met them before!
IMG_7464.jpg

IMG_7470.jpg

And then Prince Charming. :inlove: I honestly considered whether to actually put this picture on because I LOOK SO AWKWARD. :hilarious: I have no idea what I was doing. By now you all know that I have no reservations about meeting face characters, but this picture says otherwise. Please don't judge me. :confused:
IMG_7462.jpg

And the lady of the hour!
IMG_7467.jpg

At this point, we were like okay where's Lady Tremaine? Drizella? Anastasia? They were no shows! :arghh: We were so disappointed. I really hate how Disney rotates the characters at these meals because guests book them with the intent of meeting specific people. The same thing happened to me last year at CRT. I booked there hoping to meet Belle, who at the time was a regular character at that meal. And then she wasn't there. Rant over.

So anyhow.. The verdict on 1900 Park Fare: I probably won't eat there again. At least not until I have kids, though I'll probably do Cinderella's Royal Table with them instead. The food was good, but the character interactions were subpar and we felt really rushed. It was sweet to see little ones dancing with Cinderella and Charming, but this one definitely didn't live up to the hype. Kind of a disappointing "last meal in Disney." :(

But one can't stay sad for long in WDW! :D We finished our meal and went to do some more exploring. My main goal while visiting the Grand Floridian was to scope out the wedding pavilion, aka the location of my someday wedding. ;) One of the CM's gave us a map and explained how to get to it, but it's ridiculously far away from the main GF building. After the many miles we'd walked all week, neither of us was up for that adventure. Next time. :rolleyes:

We did find this beauty, though!
IMG_1542.JPG

After I took the above picture I was like, "let's get in it!" Heather had this mini panic attack about whether or not we were allowed to sit in it and I was just like "oh well!" Lol. :p Nobody said anything to us, so I'm assuming it was fine!
IMG_7469.jpg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Now I'm convinced that Sunday, June 12 was the "off" day for the popular characters at 1900 Park Fare. We booked breakfast there that morning (also our last meal of our trip) mainly to meet the Mad Hatter...who was a no-show :arghh:. Snow White was the substitute but she can be found other places, unlike Hatter.

FYI for next time...the walk to the Wedding Pavilion from the GF main building isn't as far as it probably looked on the map. If you exit out the back, there is a nice path that takes you past the beach pool and villas and the Wedding Pavilion is right there.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Now I'm convinced that Sunday, June 12 was the "off" day for the popular characters at 1900 Park Fare. We booked breakfast there that morning (also our last meal of our trip) mainly to meet the Mad Hatter...who was a no-show :arghh:. Snow White was the substitute but she can be found other places, unlike Hatter.

FYI for next time...the walk to the Wedding Pavilion from the GF main building isn't as far as it probably looked on the map. If you exit out the back, there is a nice path that takes you past the beach pool and villas and the Wedding Pavilion is right there.

It's SOOO frustrating! I definitely feel your pain.

Thanks for the info!! I want to see it so bad. I'll remember that for next time. :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
Day 6: June 12, 2015 - Part 7

We explored for a little while longer and then got on the monorail back to Magic Kingdom at 8:00pm. We swapped out one of our FP+ reservations for another meet and greet with Tink because of the PhotoPass incident the first time around. We walked right in and this Tink was FULL of energy! We had an awesome interaction with her.

She was checking out the pixie dust in our nails. :rolleyes:
MK_TSFAIRIESBCHAR_7348356580.jpeg

MK_TSFAIRIESBCHAR_7348354846.jpeg

Tink became one of my favorite characters on this trip. Who doesn't love her sassiness? ;)
MK_TSFAIRIESBCHAR_7348354848.jpeg

We left Tink and immediately caught another monorail to the Contemporary. We then got a bus to Downtown Disney (it'll always be DD to me) to do some shopping and I was curious about all of the changes that are happening there right now. We just walked around and hit the "big" stores.. World of Disney, Days of Christmas, Pin Traders. I bought a few things and we decided to head back to MK around 10:30pm. I refuse to end a trip to WDW anywhere other than MK. :rolleyes:

The temper tantrum that we witnessed while waiting to take this picture.. Oh my gosh. We still, to this day, laugh until we have tears in our eyes when it gets brought up. :hilarious:
IMG_7471.jpg

I WILL own these shirts one day. ;)
IMG_7472.jpg

We really didn't accomplish much after getting back to MK. We basically just walked around and enjoyed our last hours in the happiest place on Earth.
IMG_1553.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1557.JPG

IMG_1559.JPG

Hez went to the bathroom so I sat in the Tangled rest area waiting on her. I remember sitting there, just taking in my surroundings, and thanking God that I'm fortunate enough to visit Disney as often as I do. It was just one of those, "Wow, I'm really here" moments and it was calming.. if that makes sense. There really is no other place in the world that gives me the feelings that I get in WDW.
IMG_1548.JPG

kimberlymautz

I LOVED reading your trip report! I'll be heading to WDW in April with my five year old and best friend (hopefully) and this makes me want to force her into coming even more!

blreinsel

Original Poster
I LOVED reading your trip report! I'll be heading to WDW in April with my five year old and best friend (hopefully) and this makes me want to force her into coming even more!

What a fun age! And Disney trips with your best friend are the BEST! Keep working on her. ;)

kimberlymautz

She's taking classes next semester so as long as I can coordinate our trip around her school schedule (she doesn't mind missing a few days as long as she doesn't miss any important tests or anything) so I'm hoping for the best! :)

pajammies

@blgauger Love your report and writing style. You sound like a hoot (that's a compliment, just in case it's not used the same way across the country, :D lol)
Also, I have never seen two people take more (good) consistent photos in my life! Very photogenic!

blreinsel

Original Poster
@blgauger Love your report and writing style. You sound like a hoot (that's a compliment, just in case it's not used the same way across the country, :D lol)
Also, I have never seen two people take more (good) consistent photos in my life! Very photogenic!

Oh my goodness, thank you SO MUCH for all of your kind words!! I use the "hoot" line all the time, so no worries! Thanks for following! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom