The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Good morning! Life is good pool and cookout today. It's going to be in the 90s for about the next week. Sorry @MinnieM123 I should have warned you to cover your eyes, hope your A/C is humming! School starts tomorrow, I'll miss the buggers but I can use a break! I think it's my wallet that needs the break LOL Change in plans for next weekend my dh was supposed to get a 4 day weekend but his project will have him working Friday and Saturday. With the extra money we are going to do an extra tour, OMG we're up to 3. I'm pretty sure that's our limit. Best of all 2 of them are going to be done without the boys. They'd rather be riding something. My trip plans are really starting to gel. My lists are almost complete for Disney!:joyfull: For the UNI portion of our trip I have the first day planned and that's it. Probably going to wing most of it. any hoo have a great day!
Have you ever been to Uni to the WWoHP? I'll be interested to hear your experience when you get back. I was going to add a day there for our trip, but day tickets there with the park hopper are SOOOOO expensive and there's not much the kids would be able to do, so it's not worth it yet. But someday I want to see the Diagon Alley section and ride the Hogwarts Express. I just introduced my kids to HP this year, to the first 3 books/movies. They LOVE it, but it will be a few years before they get to read the later books, so we'll plan a trip when they are older and can appreciate more.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Ok, I'm out for a little bit. I'm actually attending church today (I've skipped the last 4 Sundays). But there is a polka band at church today.....I love me a good polka!

Polka band? That must have been fun! We never had a polka band or any band at my church--just occasional organ music. Oh well. Anyway, I hope that you enjoyed your church service today. :)

Meanwhile, I went to church this morning (no polka band . . . ). Sitting in front of me, was a mother, and her three teenaged kids. No sooner did Mass begin, when one of them turns on her smartphone . . . and then her brother turns on his. They started showing each other pictures from the phones . . . Every now and then, they'd turn off the phones, but the phones were on, more than they were off. What particularly frosted me was that the mother saw this going on, and she did not say or do anything to stop it?!! :confused: :banghead:

Songbird76

I wonder if the teacher would be like this famous snopes article:

http://www.snopes.com/humor/letters/hilliker.asp
I've had teachers like that. I had a teacher in high school who gave me a zero on a piece of homework because SHE gave me the wrong assignment. I had a speech tournament on the weekend, so I got all my assignments before I left, turned it in and she said I did the wrong assignment. I had the sticky note she wrote with the assignment on it and she said even though it was her writing, it was still the wrong assignment and she wouldn't accept it, nor would she give me extra time to complete the correct one. My mom went in to talk to her and she wouldn't back down. It was disrespectful of me to argue with her. I had 100% in that class anyway, so it didn't even affect my grade, but it was the principle of the thing.
Then I had a GA in college for a math class who didn't even know that .15 is a decimal presentation of 15% and therefore the same.
.15 =15%. He argued with the entire class insisting it wasn't the same. And he gave me a zero on a bar graph because he wanted the bars to go vertical, but he wanted the x-axis values across the bottom. I told him that's impossible, it won't work that way, that if he wanted the x-axis values across the bottom, the bars had to go left to right. I asked math and science teachers and everyone I knew and they all said he was nuts. He was a social work grad student who wanted a GA position and the only thing they had available was a math class. He wasn't qualified to teach. My husband and I were dating at the time, but he was in the Netherlands and I was in the US...he was studying to be an engineer, so obviously a strong mathematical background. He tutored me in that class over the phone every night or I'd never have passed it. I don't think I learned a single thing from that teacher.

MOXOMUMD

@StarWarsGirl95 and @MOXOMUMD , I saw this morning in the Sunday ads for Target that they have a pile of stuff for Force Friday (which you both probably know about anyway, from all the hype over Friday).

However, I did want to bring your attention to their online ad, as you can print out 2 coupons if there is anything you like. One coupon is for $10 off a $50 purchase, and the other is $25 off $100. (If you normally buy the Sunday newspaper, the ad will probably be in that as well, but at least out here in my area, they are offering the two coupons online to print out.)
Thanks for that. :) Our closest Target is a 45 minute drive away. :(

Goofyernmost

So, I'm not ambidextrous, and I'm right-handed, and I wear my watch on my right wrist. I must be some sort of freak of nature! :jawdrop: :D
I never thought you were, but, now that you bring that up I guess it must be true. How do you write without dragging your watch across the paper? If your writing and want to know the time do you have to stop writing to see your watch?;):)

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I never thought you were, but, now that you bring that up I guess it must be true. How do you write without dragging your watch across the paper? If your writing and want to know the time to you have to stop writing to see your watch?;):)

I'm a very dainty writer--my wrist is ever so slightly elevated so that it doesn't even touch the watch at all. :inlove:

And the time is very easy to see, as the watch face is on the top of my wrist. (Note: My father used to wear his watch with the watch face under his wrist, which I thought was strange! Plus, he'd scratch the glass (crystal) that way, if he put his wrist down on a hard surface. :rolleyes: )

MOXOMUMD

I always think that the monorail small like a barn (a mixture of hay and manure). Growing up my friend lived on a farm and I spent some time on the farm and in the barn. It is the same to me in all the monorails, usually more of the smell in the afternoon/night, so if it is cleaning chemicals or something with the motor I think it activates more with heat.
:confused: We have a barn with assorted animals and I don't think the monorail smells like that at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom