Universal Box office record

GLaDOS

So who is the king of movies?

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/u...-box-office-record-jurassic-world-1201576801/

I don't think they will be hurting for money anytime soon.

It's pretty amazing considering I wouldn't consider any of their films outside of maybe Straight Out of Compton to be all that great. They just knew when to place their films for maximum impact this year, and, more importantly, seemed to go out of their way to appeal to diverse audiences.

Magenta Panther

Exactly. Look at Despicable Me 2. Illumination's whole idea is to spend the cost of Planes, but make the money of Frozen.

I didn't like Despicable Me 2 because of Lucy. Awful character. And I heard too many bad things about Minions to go see it.

But just the same, yay, Universal! It's doing big things and doing them right at its parks! I'm glad the company is doing so well. :)

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
It's pretty amazing considering I wouldn't consider any of their films outside of maybe Straight Out of Compton to be all that great. They just knew when to place their films for maximum impact this year, and, more importantly, seemed to go out of their way to appeal to diverse audiences.

Jurassic World is amazing. Straight Outta Compton is great if you're a rap fan.

JT3000

It's just a shame they don't use the Universal Monsters for better attractions or thrill rides...

While I'd prefer to see them do something with the originals (and not in the ilk of Beetlejuice), I could see ROTM getting the axe if the next round of remakes are successful.

But they probably won't be.

Cmdr_Crimson

I actually bought a DVD with old Woody Woodpecker cartoons and compared to today the cartoons are very violent with just about every PC no no you can think of. That's true with many old characters, they just don't work in a PC world. Take the violence out of Tom and Jerry, what do you have? Not much of anything.

As I mentioned they did try to bring him back in 1999 so at least people knew he exsisted and wondered why a woodpecker was roaming the park...Again it's just a shame to have a character that really has no relevance in this day in age....

Californian Elitist

I FINALLY saw Straight Outta Compton tonight, and I was not disappointed at all. It was so good, and much more entertaining than Jurassic World (not that I disliked the film, but it wasn't a great one). Congratulations to Universal.

BTW, I disagree with the statement that only rap fans would like Straight Outta Compton.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom