The Boathouse Amphicar rescued after stalling during tour of lake

Vipraa

Are those carboats equipped with flotation devices?

There are life jackets underneath the back tonneau cover as well as under the front seat. The incident that was filmed here was a simple electrical issue with the car where a wire came loose and a the car lost electrical power. It was fixed within 5 minutes of being towed back to the ramp.

mm121

where did this rescue vehicle come from? haven't seen this vehicle docked by the boathouse.

i thought the one driver 4wheel jetski type vehicles docked by the boathouse were for rescue operations.

When did they redo the amphicar landing sign? to a white sign, rather than the more cartoonish blue sign that was there before.

Bolt

where did this rescue vehicle come from? haven't seen this vehicle docked by the boathouse.

i thought the one driver 4wheel jetski type vehicles docked by the boathouse were for rescue operations.

When did they redo the amphicar landing sign? to a white sign, rather than the more cartoonish blue sign that was there before.
New rescue tow was added in June.

Signage changed out also in June. Around the same time they added the boat to the front of the exterior of the restaurant.

NMBC1993

After seeing the rescue vehicle on dry land. I want to know how much it costs to ride in one of those? Way cooler than the actual Amphicar (sorry, not a car guy).

Is that an Avatar-land prototype? ;)

French Quarter

The most interesting thing of this was finding out that they are worth $60,000 each. Wowzers! You wouldn't think they could afford to risk them getting damaged by using them every day.

britdaw

My hubby and I are wanting to take a ride in one of these, and we were talking just the other night about what would happen if the car stopped. Would we sink? Does the car float on its own or does it have something underneath to keep it from sinking?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
My hubby and I are wanting to take a ride in one of these, and we were talking just the other night about what would happen if the car stopped. Would we sink? Does the car float on its own or does it have something underneath to keep it from sinking?

Yes, just like a boat the cars will still float if they loose power.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom