The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
As a middle school teacher, what are your thoughts about this?

My brother's social studies teacher spelled hieroglyphics as hyroglyphics. And important as inportant. On instructions for their homework. Which were typed. o_O

I think the teacher needs to use spell check! I suppose I could see the important mistake as m and n are next to each other and if someone is typing fast it might be a slip on the keyboard but the other one is just a lazy mistake.

StarWarsGirl

I think the teacher needs to use spell check! I suppose I could see the important mistake as m and n are next to each other and if someone is typing fast it might be a slip on the keyboard but the other one is just a lazy mistake.
Phew. Glad it wasn't just me who thought it was rather poor.

I looked at it again. She also left the h out of "the". And then didn't know that the singular noun form of hieroglyphics is hieroglyph. And spelled it hyroglyphoc at one point. Proofreading, spell check, and a dictionary would be helpful. Especially when it's only eight sentences and there are seven errors.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
I believe that animals find us, not the other way around. There's something spiritual about it.
I adopted Arnie from a Basset rescue. I went to one of the foster homes to check out the dogs they had and spotted him right away because he didn't drag his stomach on the ground because he has those longer legs. They were supposed to take my application and then come out to my house to make sure it would be suitable and see if I would make a good adopter. One of the other Bassets went after Arnie and was chasing him and trying to bite him and he came a running and jumped into my arms. At that point they decided that Arnie had chose me and let me take him. He happily followed me out and jumped right into my truck and has been with me ever since.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I adopted Arnie from a Basset rescue. I went to one of the foster homes to check out the dogs they had and spotted him right away because he didn't drag his stomach on the ground because he has those longer legs. They were supposed to take my application and then come out to my house to make sure it would be suitable and see if I would make a good adopter. One of the other Bassets went after Arnie and was chasing him and trying to bite him and he came a running and jumped into my arms. At that point they decided that Arnie had chose me and let me take him. He happily followed me out and jumped right into my truck and has been with me ever since.
That's a great story.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Phew. Glad it wasn't just me who thought it was rather poor.

I looked at it again. She also left the h out of "the". And then didn't know that the singular noun form of hieroglyphics is hieroglyph. And spelled it hyroglyphoc at one point. Proofreading, spell check, and a dictionary would be helpful. Especially when it's only eight sentences and there are seven errors.

Oh my goodness only eight sentences and seven errors! I hope this isn't an English teacher. Maybe your brother should taken in the paper and have all the errors corrected and see if he gets extra credit!

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
;);)
Did I ever tell the story about Art Carney (you remember Norton from the Honeymooners)?
th

He was in a play at the Ogunquit Playhouse in Ogunquit Maine. In the evening we used to go down to the beach and sit in a little shelter there and just look out at the ocean. This one evening there was a family trip, I guess, because my Mother, Father, Sister and My wife and myself were sitting there starring out at the water when we looked up and saw two people come up and sat a few feet away from us. It was Art Carney and his wife. They were staying at a hotel just a little way away.

My mother went into partial paralysis and just sat there looking at them. She had a camera and didn't want to use it and also didn't want to talk to him. That was because, I think, that my family always held that no matter what their status in life is they have a right to some privacy. So we just waited, afraid to move. After a short time, Mr. Carney and his wife got up and started walking toward their hotel. As soon as they cleared out, my mother said to my Dad, lets get to the car and as we drive by them I can take a picture. We all headed for the car and by the time we all got in, they were close to their place. By the time we got there they were walking into the drive way of the hotel so my father cut over through it to get in a position for my Mother to take the picture. The trouble was that he cut it a little to short and the next thing we saw was Art Carney and his wife both leaping into the ditch along side the road to avoid getting run over. Dad gunned the motor and made a quick exit out the other driveway never to be seen again. So much for celebrity privacy. I refer to that trip is the "We almost killed Art Carney" vacation.

In case you are wondering, we did see that both were upright and not injured before we made the quick getaway.
Yeah but did she get the picture??? ;)

catmom46

OK, last time I'm posting about this...
This is yet another post I wanted to like, but, couldn't. So frustrating.

So, is there anyone out there that can explain to me why, no matter what browser I'm using to get on the site, why the site acts up while I'm on it...?
What does the browser I'm using have to do with the way the site works...?!?!?!

I just think the site doesn't want you to like me. ;)

StarWarsGirl

Oh my goodness only eight sentences and seven errors! I hope this isn't an English teacher. Maybe your brother should taken in the paper and have all the errors corrected and see if he gets extra credit!
He's on the autism spectrum and does not read above a third grade level unfortunately. I, however, wrote down all the mistakes and put it back in his folder. :D

Not an English teacher. Social Studies teacher. But still. I've never seen a teacher make so many mistakes at once. Even if she is in a rush, proofing is good.

MOXOMUMD

True confessions: although this has nothing to do with the children's food options at Disney, one time I did order a Happy Meal for myself at McDonald's! :hilarious:
I do that all the time. I just ask for a different toy than the one in my daughter's. I especially do that a lot when Wendy's has their $1.99 kids meals. They come with the same chicken wrap you'll pay $1.79 by itself so kids meal is the frugal choice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom