The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

It is for the best. I'd like to eventually use that thumb again. Today, I went to the grocery store, and as I was pushing the cart after putting a bunch of stuff on it, I was like, "Oh, THIS is why I need surgery" as my whole hand is throbbing. It's not sitting properly in the joint, doctor said he can pull the entire thumb out of the socket, so yeah, it needs to be done.

Afterward, it needs a week in a splint, then three weeks in a cast. That's the part I'm not looking forward to.

I've had casts on both my leg and my arm, over the years.
Even though I was actually in the leg cast a lot longer, I think I preferred it over the arm cast. For some reason, crutches didn't bug me as much as not being able to use both arms properly.
Either way, PITA.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hi, I'm Larry, this is my brother Daryll, and this is my other brother Daryll.

bilde

Goofyernmost

Thanks my favorite comedy series of all time. Each character was so funny, and quirky.
In the words of Cliff Claven... Little known facts.. The exterior of the Inn is actually in Vermont, but, none of the show was ever filmed there. Also in the opening credits you are following, from overhead, a car going down a country looking road. Those were outtakes from "On Golden Pond" and it was filmed in NH. I have been on that road many times because it was the main road from Concord, NH to the coast of Maine.
th

betty rose

We're for sure dog people, but, I can't quite say that about maybe having a cat someday. We've never had one, as you've had a dog.
You just never know... ;) :)
I love all animals, but hubby can no longer have kitty's, (allergies), so I hope to get another shelter dog someday. I have to admit I worried every time we went on vacation, that it raised my blood pressure to dangerous levels. Hubby thinks I should pass on another doggie. He may be right. Now , I worry about dying and leaving the little fellow, or girl or both alone. My DD doesn't ever want another doggie. So I worry about who would have our pet. As I make them our "kiddies".

betty rose

With all the talk of bullying we've had I just love the Kleenex commercial where the girl on the bus is crying and the boy gives her a tissue ane explains that not all boys are jerks. :happy:
I actually told my husband the same thing last night. It's my favorite commercial on TV. I will sit and smile after that commercial. I love it. We know buy Kleenex, because of that commercial.

betty rose

What if it wasn't him? Just someone that resembled him. That is the reason why I have never approached a person that I thought was a celebrity. First, I was never that impressed by any of them and second, I really was never sure if it was who I thought it was anyway.

When I went to the 1970 Worlds Fair in Osaka, Japan... we, as a group, had hundreds of kids run up to get our autographs and/or pictures taken with them. I signed mine as Richard Nixon.
That is so funny. Best laugh of the day. Thanks @ Goofyernmost.

betty rose

Hooray today's my 19th birthday! What I got for my birthday is Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and "Disney Marie A Is For Adorable" with a CD. The second Aristocats book "Disney Marie" from 2006 will be coming in the mail in a few days. I've lessened to the CD for the Marie Alphabet book and it gave me flashbacks to my Senior Trip.
Happy Birthday @brb1006 . Celebrate, and eat all the cake you can hold!:D:D:D

StarWarsGirl

They actually mix really well.

I built the site with Safari being my main test machine and use the iOS and OS X version as my daily browser.

So if I were the recommend any combo for this site, it would be Safari and OS X,
Really? Hmm.

I used to use Safari, but switched after having too many issues with it, on this site and off. On iOS, though. Cannot stand Macs.

Also just tried using Safari with this site just as a tested. It froze when I tried to like posts and crashed when I tried to upload a photo. On iOS. Just some feedback.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Really? Hmm.

I used to use Safari, but switched after having too many issues with it, on this site and off. On iOS, though. Cannot stand Macs.

Also just tried using Safari with this site just as a tested. It froze when I tried to like posts and crashed when I tried to upload a photo. On iOS. Just some feedback.
What device are you on?

betty rose

Thank goodness it's not. I had issues with it after I stopped playing violin. I went to a hand doctor back then. I don't think that she effectively treated it. I am now seeing a different doctor. But I do think it's resulting from problems I had a while back. The fact that I have not worn a watch on my left wrist, always on the right wrist, since I started wearing watches again, is very telling. I could never stand it on my left wrist. That is the injured hand.
Sorry you are going through this. Old injures can come back to haunt you many years later. I hope it can be resolved for you.

Goofyernmost

That is so funny. Best laugh of the day. Thanks @ Goofyernmost.
Did I ever tell the story about Art Carney (you remember Norton from the Honeymooners)?
th

He was in a play at the Ogunquit Playhouse in Ogunquit Maine. In the evening we used to go down to the beach and sit in a little shelter there and just look out at the ocean. This one evening there was a family trip, I guess, because my Mother, Father, Sister and My wife and myself were sitting there starring out at the water when we looked up and saw two people come up and sat a few feet away from us. It was Art Carney and his wife. They were staying at a hotel just a little way away.

My mother went into partial paralysis and just sat there looking at them. She had a camera and didn't want to use it and also didn't want to talk to him. That was because, I think, that my family always held that no matter what their status in life is they have a right to some privacy. So we just waited, afraid to move. After a short time, Mr. Carney and his wife got up and started walking toward their hotel. As soon as they cleared out, my mother said to my Dad, lets get to the car and as we drive by them I can take a picture. We all headed for the car and by the time we all got in, they were close to their place. By the time we got there they were walking into the drive way of the hotel so my father cut over through it to get in a position for my Mother to take the picture. The trouble was that he cut it a little to short and the next thing we saw was Art Carney and his wife both leaping into the ditch along side the road to avoid getting run over. Dad gunned the motor and made a quick exit out the other driveway never to be seen again. So much for celebrity privacy. I refer to that trip is the "We almost killed Art Carney" vacation.

In case you are wondering, we did see that both were upright and not injured before we made the quick getaway.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom