What time of day to book FASTPASS+?

birdie31

Original Poster
I searched this on this site and could only find general information, so forgive me if this is already somewhere else. What time of day can I first be able to book FASTPASS+? Is it one second after midnight on the first day of my 60 day booking window or at 7am like dining? I've called Disney 4 times and have gotten a different answer each time!!

seafoodbuffet

Unless you're naturally awake at 12:01am, I wouldn't bother staying up late to book FP+ selections, esp if you're 60 days out. We had no problems making same-day FP+ selections and generally no issues at all getting the time(s) we wanted.

Our strategy was to book our FP+ selections for popular rides in the early-mid afternoon when the lines seemed longest and then head to an early dinner/relax at the hotel and return to the park in the evening when crowds subsided a bit. In generally, except for the day we waited till afternoon to book FP+ selections (which ended us up with a 9:30FP+ time for PeterPan), available time(s) were plentiful.

CaptainShortty

Although I don't know for sure and can't give you a definitely answer, Disneys more complex computer systems use 3am as the time when they transfer things to begin a "new day". So I would imagine it would be then.

birdie31

Original Poster
I got in at 12:01am. However, I was NOT allowed to choose the time of day I wanted to ride the attractions. Rather, I picked the attractions that I wanted (if I picked fewer than 3, the site just gave me whatever it wanted to throw in there for the 3rd), I was asked to prioritize the rides in order from most preferred to least preferred and I was given 4 options: Option A, Option B, Option C and Best Option. It was very frustrating as there were few morning or early afternoon options (which are important to my family as my mom needs to rest in the afternoon having just finished chemo and radiation by the time we arrive).

After calling there to find out why I could not choose the time of day I wanted, I was told it was still testing and that they hoped to have that option available soon. The CM asked what time I wanted what attraction in MK and went to over-ride the FP+ selections that I made, but even her internal system showed no availability. She said to keep checking because they hoped it would be working soon.

One tiny bit of hope that she did give was that the testing would be going into April and she said that it was likely there would still be legacy machines available for some attractions. God, I hope she is right, but I took her information the same way as I would that of a bus driver.

Tom

Beta Return
I got in at 12:01am. However, I was NOT allowed to choose the time of day I wanted to ride the attractions. Rather, I picked the attractions that I wanted (if I picked fewer than 3, the site just gave me whatever it wanted to throw in there for the 3rd), I was asked to prioritize the rides in order from most preferred to least preferred and I was given 4 options: Option A, Option B, Option C and Best Option. It was very frustrating as there were few morning or early afternoon options (which are important to my family as my mom needs to rest in the afternoon having just finished chemo and radiation by the time we arrive).

After calling there to find out why I could not choose the time of day I wanted, I was told it was still testing and that they hoped to have that option available soon. The CM asked what time I wanted what attraction in MK and went to over-ride the FP+ selections that I made, but even her internal system showed no availability. She said to keep checking because they hoped it would be working soon.

One tiny bit of hope that she did give was that the testing would be going into April and she said that it was likely there would still be legacy machines available for some attractions. God, I hope she is right, but I took her information the same way as I would that of a bus driver.

That's how it works currently, but there's another step. Once you let it select the initial times, you can go back and edit them, one at a time.

It will give you an assortment of times you can choose from (you can't just type in any time, but the options are pretty wide-spread). It's important to select the ABCD option that has them in your preferred order, because it's like a puzzle if you want to shift one drastically. If one of the three is already during the period of time you want, it won't suggest any time overlapping either of the other two FPs when you move one.

You should be able to log in and make these changes right now. It's VERY time consuming, especially if you want to move all or most of them.

birdie31

Original Poster
I was so mad about this process, specifically that I have already invested more time in booking the FASTPASS+es than I would spend physically waiting in the line at the parks to ride them, that I called the help line. The CM that I spoke to (Sadie?) was very helpful and was able to assist me in overlapping my family with my passes (since we don't want to do EVERYTHING together and we couldn't just book 2 things as a group) as well as changing my passes to the time that I preferred. Summary: JUST CALL THE HELP LINE!!

Also, my hat is off to Universal for letting Disney take the heat for pioneering this. Whomever they hire later on to implement this technology will already know what NOT to do. Well played, Universal, well played.

mergatroid

We have AP's so can book 30 days in advance rather than 60. Living in the UK I'm going to have to get up at 5am to score a 12:01 FP+. Right now at 11:37 uk time ALL FP+ for the dwarves mine train are gone and are everytime I try at any reasonable hour :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom