Direct to Room Check In

MaxsDad

Original Poster
It seems to me that WDW was recently testing direct to room on line check in.

Is this on going testing still? Or has it been adopted? Nixed?

Disney4family

We just did it a few weeks ago. We were still met at the DME bus. The CM checked our name on his iPad and he said we were all set and didn't need to do anything else. We were in the MK in a heartbeat.

Tony the Tigger

Hoping we get it – signed up for the text – staying at Caribbean beach, so it would be really nice to avoid going to that separate building just to check in.

hamiltito

We did it at POP last week and it worked great. Only issue was that I had to go to the front desk to track down our Prime Pantry package so we could get our bottled water to take to the park with us.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Disney hasn't seemed to figure out texting Canadian cell phones. I've tried a number of times and despite telling me they sent the text, I end up at the front desk asking what room I have.

I prefer dealing with real human beings anyway.

Tony the Tigger

Worked fine for me (got text) in May At Carribean Beach and June at AoA But no text in August at Pop even though room was ready.

So then a quick question - because just today I got an email from WDW saying we are eligible to go right to the room (on Sept 7) and to watch for their text, assuming I completed a, b, c - which I did.

Did you get an email like that when you got no text at Pop? (I'm trying to figure out if it's a lock or at least a good likelihood once I get that email.)

If you happen to remember, that is! Thanks.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
So then a quick question - because just today I got an email from WDW saying we are eligible to go right to the room (on Sept 7) and to watch for their text, assuming I completed a, b, c - which I did.

Did you get an email like that when you got no text at Pop? (I'm trying to figure out if it's a lock or at least a good likelihood once I get that email.)

My recent experiences:
April - POFQ text
June - POR text and email
August - Poly email

allymonkey

This worked like a charm for us at Pop a couple weeks ago. During the online check-in, I stated our arrival time would be around 9:30 am. At 7:45 I had a text AND email with the Section of the resort, building number, and room number. Since it was our first time driving from Ohio with a three-year-old it made arrival so much easier because we didn't have to get him out of the car, make him sit in the lobby, and then put him back in the car to find the room. The only thing that could have made it easier was if they emailed a resort map so we had a better idea of which side of the building to find our room.

4disneylovers

Actually didn't get that email any of the times. I did online check in each time and put my phone number in for the text each time. As far as I remember.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom