Cap 3

Mickey_777

Since we're on the topic of snark (just caught Ant-man this weekend, so much fun), Lang's "tude" is good natured compared to Stark. Either way watching those two on screen is gonna be a blast.

Much has been made out of the whole "How much is too much?" discussion when it comes to the Marvel and the sheer amount of movies that've been made and are still coming down the pike. I'm all in though. I just found Ant-Man to be the perfect not-too-heavy segway into Phase 3. I can't wait for Civil War and most of what's on it's way save mabye Dr. Strange and the Inhumans. I'm not drawn to those characters at all.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Since we're on the topic of snark (just caught Ant-man this weekend, so much fun), Lang's "tude" is good natured compared to Stark. Either way watching those two on screen is gonna be a blast.

Much has been made out of the whole "How much is too much?" discussion when it comes to the Marvel and the sheer amount of movies that've been made and are still coming down the pike. I'm all in though. I just found Ant-Man to be the perfect not-too-heavy segway into Phase 3. I can't wait for Civil War and most of what's on it's way save mabye Dr. Strange and the Inhumans. I'm not drawn to those characters at all.

I had no interest in any of the Marvel characters. I think my husband made me go to Iron Man. Minus the the Hulk movie. I have enjoyed them overall.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Mark Ruffalo confirms Hulk will not be in Civil War -

“The reason [for Hulk’s disappearance] is too great to be revealed in [Civil War],” Ruffalo said. “I was in the script but then they removed my character. They don’t want to reveal where is he and why. I don’t even know if Hulk will be back soon.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/03/hulk-captain-america-civil-war
I think this is probably good. Otherwise Cap CW ends up being basically avengers sequels.

erasure fan1

Really good opening trailer. It doesn't give away the farm but does a great job of setting the tone and leaving you wanting more. I'm guessing they are going to reveal Spiderman very similar to Vision in the Ultron trailers. My only issue with the trailer is the fact that with Star Wars still about a month out, I'm still too excited for that to get extra worked up for this. But when the full trailer is released (in front of The Force Awakens, hopefully) IT IS ON!

NMBC1993

Finally watched the trailer this morning and I have to say Civil War looks good (But to be fair, so did the Avengers 1 and Iron Man 3 trailers and we all know how I feel about that marketing bait-and-switch). The only thing convincing me that this film will be good is the fact that the Russo brothers have finally taken over and will hopefully bring a balance to the tone of these future films. They did a GREAT job with Winter Soldier, giving us a villain that actually seemed like a threat and not just some throwaway character that was defeated by two interns carrying tripods (looking at you Thor 2).

All in all, I'll be curious to see how this all plays out. I'm probably just going wait for the blu ray as I do with all MCU films these days but if Civil War can change the problems I have with the MCU, I might be inclined to return to the theaters. If not, well there's always Batman V. Superman, X-Men/Deadpool/Gambit and a whole pool of other superhero films worthy of my money.

Last edited:

WhatJaneSays

post-56466-Im-an-emotionally-compromised-jDqv.gif

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
http://nerdist.com/11-things-we-learned-on-the-captain-america-civil-war-set/

“The movies we’ve been referencing a lot on this one are Se7en, weirdly,” Joe Russo revealed. “We like smashing genres into each other, so if you can find something that’s really idiosyncratic in respect to superhero genre and you can smoosh it into it, you usually wind up with something fresh and different. Se7en, Fargo, just as far as we’re not making comparisons in terms of quality we’re just talking influences, The Godfather, because that’s a sprawling film with a lot of characters that tells very intricate stories. Each character has an arc.”

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
During a recent interview with Empire magazine, director Joe Russo revealed that Parker will come into the film after the battle has already begun and form an important relationship with one of the Avengers.

Tom Holland is set to bring the young Wall-Crawler, who will still be just 15-years-old at the time of the movie, to life. Russo said that so far Holland has done a spectacular job bringing the iconic character to life.

"Tom's unbelievable. We're very excited to present our vision of Spider-Man to the world. He was my favorite character growing up, so for a comic geek like me, this is a real moment."

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Fandango has revealed the “Captain America Marathon” The films shown will include Captain America: The First Avenger, The Avengers, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and Avengers: Age of Ultron and Captain America: Civil War.

The combined run time is almost 11 1/2 hours. .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom