DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Is there any possibility that this Villains show could be going into the new flex theatre?

Its possible... but its my impression that theatre is going to replace the Theatre of the Stars (Where Hunchback used to be, Frozen started their Sing Along, SWW did all their shows, And lots of corporate rental special events happened). We shall see.

wannabeBelle

Oh I'm not suggesting it wasn't a great show. The stage stuff was excellent.

You just cant have a meet and greet for 30,000 people during a 5 hour event and expect things to run smoothly. Basic math says it will be operational chaos and Maybe 600 groups (2 per minute over 5 hours) will get to meet each character. Operationally, it just doesnt work.
Right!!! Exactly!!! Marie

doctornick

Its possible... but its my impression that theatre is going to replace the Theatre of the Stars (Where Hunchback used to be, Frozen started their Sing Along, SWW did all their shows, And lots of corporate rental special events happened). We shall see.

FWIW Theater of the Stars is whether BatB is at. The theater you are talking about is the Premiere Theater.

YodaMan

If it were a short term thing I could see it going in there, but it wouldn't make sense to put something in that space long term.

Maybe it's going in the Flex Theatre temporarily? The construction for the theatre has expanded further than I expected and it seems more and more like it will be an on-stage area instead of something that's semi-accessible. I know a while back there were rumors that Theatre of the Stars would get enclosed, so perhaps the Villains show will start in the Flex Theatre once it opens and then Beauty and the Beast will close and then once the theatre is enclosed the Villains show will move to the Theatre of the Stars and the Flex Theatre becomes convention space?

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Maybe it's going in the Flex Theatre temporarily? The construction for the theatre has expanded further than I expected and it seems more and more like it will be an on-stage area instead of something that's semi-accessible. I know a while back there were rumors that Theatre of the Stars would get enclosed, so perhaps the Villains show will start in the Flex Theatre once it opens and then Beauty and the Beast will close and then once the theatre is enclosed the Villains show will move to the Theatre of the Stars and the Flex Theatre becomes convention space?

And maybe Christina Hendricks will show up at my front door with a suitcase and needing a place to stay and is willing to chip in with rent with some of that fat Mad Men cash, but i dont see that happening either.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Oh I'm not suggesting it wasn't a great show. The stage stuff was excellent.

You just cant have a meet and greet for 30,000 people during a 5 hour event and expect things to run smoothly. Basic math says it will be operational chaos and Maybe 600 groups (2 per minute over 5 hours) will get to meet each character. Operationally, it just doesnt work.

I don't know what IDIOT thought M&G's would be a good idea, The Stage show was amazing they should have had more 'clubs' and free roaming villians and it would have been OK

Rich_riv16

Maybe frozen will move to the flex theatre villians will move to the theater of the stars and Jedi training will move to the Hyperion unless frozen moves to little mermaid because premier theatre is getting demolished soon

AEfx

It's funny, because I feel the complete opposite. I do not care what system is used. Reuse the same system a hundred times if you like -- it's the quality of the experience that matters, not the uniqueness of the tech. I feel like people get way too hot and bothered about using the latest most sophisticated tech, but I tend to find that the score, scenery, humor, etc makes a ride more than simply innovative tech (i.e. it's how it's used, not what is used).

Exactly, which is why the whole "They couldn't build Indy at WDW because of Dinosaur" fan-excuse was always so idiotic.

I also just agree in general this applies - for example, to make 7DMT "unique" they added the "sway" thing - I am willing to bet the R&D spent on that would have bought us another show scene or two, which would have been my preference.

When you have something truly revolutionary, like the EMV, or the Kuka-arm, it makes no sense to abandon it after. These aren't carnival rides where the physical experience is the attraction itself, completely static and cannot be changed/adjusted/completely rethemed as to be generally unrecognizable.

I'm confused... Why isn't Laugh Floor as Sci-Fi(sh) as Buzz?

Buzz sends you to like space and stuff...MILF is fantasy-based. A better comparison would be "Why isn't Laff Floor as Sci-Fi(ish) as Stitch?" but even then, Stitch would come out ahead (space alien).

In the end, yes, the entirety of Tomorrowland is a juxtaposition of oddity at this point. It's been a "thing" especially at WDW as Future World at Epcot is so similar in conception (kind of like Jungle Cruise vs. DAK). It's a place where no great solutions present themselves, and the attractions there remain popular enough that they don't have an urgent need to address the overall conceptual issues it presents.

Rich_riv16

Could we also realize something…people have been saying that Pixar and /or Toy Story Land will take over animation courtyard during the overhaul, I just want to say that this is not true because they can't demolish Disney animation and Disney junior because of the Star Wars Launch Bay coming in Late 2015. So people saying that everything is gone in animation courtyard that's not true. They might change the name of the area that's a strong possibility! ;)

AEfx

Could we also realize something…people have been saying that Pixar and /or Toy Story Land will take over animation courtyard during the overhaul, I just want to say that this is not true because they can't demolish Disney animation and Disney junior because of the Star Wars Launch Bay coming in Late 2015. So people saying that everything is gone in animation courtyard that's not true. They might change the name of the area that's a strong possibility! ;)

But the Launch Bay is not a permanent attraction. It's clear on the other side of the park from Star Wars, it will be used as a "placeholder/welcome center" type thing until the actual lands open. It won't be there by 2021.

That said, the animation courtyard just doesn't fit in with the direction the park is going, so I wouldn't expect the remnants of the original park to stay there much longer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom