Annual Pass Question

lilfritzy

Original Poster
Has anyone heard of the passes going on sale again like they did a few years ago? We are going in December of this year and I'm trying to decide if we should get the AP or just some park hoppers. There is a possibility that we may go back down in March 2016 for a few days in Daytona for bike week with our bikes then a few days in Disney. My issue is that would put us away from home for almost 2 weeks, I have cats that I need to find care for 2 weeks is a long time to ask someone to feed them. It would be worth it to get the AP's for 2 trips so close together but if we don't go in March then it just might be worth it to get the park hoppers. If they have a sale again then it's a no brainer to just get the AP's.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
A sale is extremely rare currently for the general public for AP's. DVC members get a discount on them always but the general public it's rare so don't expect to see it again unfortunately.
On another note an AP regardless of being on sale or full price is a no brainer If you will spend 10+ days in the parks any given year. You break even pretty much after 10 days in the parks with a park hopper option on regular tickets. So if you plan on spending over 10 days in the parks in a year then the AP is the way to go. :)

Last edited:

lilfritzy

Original Poster
Thank for your help, I've been so preoccupied lately that I'm so out of touch with everything Disney related, I just figured I'd check before I purchased AP's in case there was another sale coming down the pike.

sxeensweet

Thank for your help, I've been so preoccupied lately that I'm so out of touch with everything Disney related, I just figured I'd check before I purchased AP's in case there was another sale coming down the pike.
Your very welcome!! I always like to make sure I can get the best deal on anything as well. I am now a DVC member so luckily I get a discount on an AP when we want one and that makes it an even greater deal. But we were buying them at regular price also before joining DVC because each trip we did was over 10 days usually so it made sense for us. I don't always renew because we may not go every year some years in a row, but it's a no brainer to have it for each trip for us being we stay almost 2 weeks each trip. :)

draybook

A sale is extremely rare currently for the general public for AP's. DVC members get a discount on them always but the general public it's rare so don't expect to see it again unfortunately.
On another note an AP regardless of being on sale or full price is a no brainer If you will spend 10+ days in the parks any given year. You break even pretty much after 10 days in the parks with a park hopper option on regular tickets. So if you plan on spending over 10 days in the parks in a year then the AP is the way to go. :)

This was our first year as annual passholders and between last September and our renewal next month we will have put in about 30 days in the park. I think we got our money's worth...... :cool:

sxeensweet

This was our first year as annual passholders and between last September and our renewal next month we will have put in about 30 days in the park. I think we got our money's worth...... :cool:

Coolness and yes we will this time too. We bought the deeply discounted Premium Annual Pass from DVC last year that was offered, which was even cheaper than the normal Regular discounted annual pass from DVC!! And we will have had 28-29 days uesd after our trip in Oct before it expires from going two almost 2 week trips. We broke even after less than 10 days with how much the cost of the discounted premium pass was. Wish it would always be that way, but we still usually even with 1 trip get our money's worth with the regular annual pass at the normal price even before we were DVC members like I mentioned. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom