Dining Question

kenny279

Original Poster
I read where this was answered in 2009, but forgive me for asking again as I want to make sure nothing has changed. While I am preparing for my second DL trip, I am looking at restaurants that I did not try last time. I ate at Napa Rose a couple of years, which was very enjoyable. I dressed in business casual clothing (button up shirt and casual dress pants) and didn't feel out of place. This time I do not want to pack as much clothing. What restaurants would I feel comfortable wearing jeans and polo-shirt? I am looking at Steakhouse 55. Is there a dress code there? Any other dining recommendations? I am a picky eater, but will try somethings I have never had before.

westie

I love Steakhouse 55. I do not love that they have no dress code. I've seen people in shorts and t-shirts on multiple dining visits. A polo shirt would almost be over dressed! Its very casual and great food. Save room for the 24 layer cake!

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Dress code is casual at steakhouse 55. We brought our son with us last year when he was 6 months. Food is good but not amazing. No need to dress fancy. This isn't Mastros.

kenny279

Original Poster
I love Steakhouse 55. I do not love that they have no dress code. I've seen people in shorts and t-shirts on multiple dining visits. A polo shirt would almost be over dressed! Its very casual and great food. Save room for the 24 layer cake!
I saw a video of that cake, and it looks amazing! Thanks for the info.

PrincessJenn5795

I would also suggest the Carthay Circle in DCA. It is very nice, but because it is in the park it is casual dress. It has the same executive chef as Napa Rose so the food is great. They also have very good drinks.

PalisadesPkteer

I have not been to Disneyland since 2007. The food used to be great at the Blue Bayou. But have seen some reviews that lead me to believe it may not be so great anymore. Anybody eaten there lately?
would like to hear how it is now. No prime rib anymore?

PrincessJenn5795

The food is good, but it isn't anything too special, and it is really expensive for what it is. I actually prefer having lunch there because you get to enjoy the atmosphere without spending quite so much money. I don't know if they still have prime rib, since I don't eat red meat, but the menu has changed a bit. When I do eat dinner there I get the surf and turf without the turf, and it is good. I love the gumbo (same as Cafe Orleans).

PalisadesPkteer

Thank you for your response PrincessJenn579. Last time there was actually 2005. Missed it in 2007. Was very expensive but back then had the best prime rib I ever had. Also had the Braised? Pork chop the first trip in 2003.
Hey, visited Seattle in 2013. Stayed in Kent Washington. Really enjoyed the Seattle Japanese Garden, Space Needle and the Japanese Cultural festival when I was there (beautiful cherry blossoms!). Will make it to Disneyland December 4 to December 8 2015. May see the Candlelight processional when there!Any suggestions for Fantasmic and World of Color dining packages would be helpful. Which packages have best reserved areas etc. Thanks in advance. And any advice for the Candlelight processional? Do not see a dining package for that.

GiveMeTheMusic

Thank you for your response PrincessJenn579. Last time there was actually 2005. Missed it in 2007. Was very expensive but back then had the best prime rib I ever had. Also had the Braised? Pork chop the first trip in 2003.
Hey, visited Seattle in 2013. Stayed in Kent Washington. Really enjoyed the Seattle Japanese Garden, Space Needle and the Japanese Cultural festival when I was there (beautiful cherry blossoms!). Will make it to Disneyland December 4 to December 8 2015. May see the Candlelight processional when there!Any suggestions for Fantasmic and World of Color dining packages would be helpful. Which packages have best reserved areas etc. Thanks in advance. And any advice for the Candlelight processional? Do not see a dining package for that.

Candlelight doesn't typically have a dining package. Viewing is first come first serve and standing room only as the show takes place in Town Square. There is limited seating and it is by invitation only. Some people camp out in Town Square for hours on Candlelight days, so plan on staking out a spot well before showtime.

Blue Bayou has the best seating area for Fantasmic and includes a seat cushion. River Belle has great viewing as well, but no cushions.

For WOC, the best viewing area is held for Carthay Circle diners.

PrincessJenn5795

You are very welcome! I am glad you enjoyed Seattle while you were here. The cherry blossoms are awesome when they are in full bloom!

For World of Color, I strongly recommend the Carthay Circle dining package. The food there is great, and the restaurant has all of these awesome old pictures of Walt Disney and different old movie stars. The Fantasmic! dining packages are pretty new and I haven't done one yet, but of the choices offered I would pick the Blue Bayou package. I am not a huge Riverbelle Terrace fan, but a lot of people do like them, so it would really just be personal preference. Usually the most expensive package gets the best reserved spaces.

They do dining packages for Candlelight Processional, but I don't remember which restaurants were participating. I have only been once, and it was several years ago so I don't remember all the options. If you don't do a package you should plan to get there very early, because it gets packed.

PalisadesPkteer

Thanks again for your response PrincessJenn579. Hope to get to Seattle again. Very beautiful there. Only rained once when I was there and it was overnight! Really easy to get around with transportation there.Hope you get to Disneyland some time soon. Hey GiveMeTheMusic, if I do not get invited spot etc for candlelight processional, where is a good spot to see / video record it???

PrincessJenn5795

Candlelight doesn't typically have a dining package. Viewing is first come first serve and standing room only as the show takes place in Town Square. There is limited seating and it is by invitation only.

I know they used to do dining packages several years ago, and I thought they brought them back last year. If not, sorry for the bad info!

Last edited:

PalisadesPkteer

Candlelight doesn't typically have a dining package. Viewing is first come first serve and standing room only as the show takes place in Town Square. There is limited seating and it is by invitation only. Some people camp out in Town Square for hours on Candlelight days, so plan on staking out a spot well before showtime.

Blue Bayou has the best seating area for Fantasmic and includes a seat cushion. River Belle has great viewing as well, but no cushions.

Hey GiveMeTheMusic, if I do not get invited spot or secure a seat somehow for candlelight processional, where is a good spot to see / video record it???

GiveMeTheMusic

They tried to bring back dining packages for Candlelight in 2012, but ultimately they were scrapped. Since seating is so limited, the only dining package available is for Club 33 members.

If you don't get a seat, there are plenty of great locations to see the show - all over Town Square as long as you can see the very large stage. The narrator side is better in my opinion, so when you arrive, take a look at the stage to see where the narrator is stationed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom