Hollywood Studios Restaurant Removals???

Max of the Parks

Original Poster
While talking about the new Toy Story and Star Wars expansions coming in the next few years with some friends, we got on the topic of HWS eateries that may not survive the expansions. Two places came to mind: The Prime Time 50's Diner and The Sci-Fi Drive in. While I'm sure the entire park won't stick with the Hollywood theme much longer (with the exception of Sunset Bolv. And the GMR street) these two places have always been a lot of fun to me and I'd hate to see them go. I personally thought it would be cool if they rethemed them to match the Mos Eisly Cantina or something to match the new areas around it, but I'm not sure. Would anybody else be sad if the park removed these two eateries?

disneylover97

I will be devastated if Sci-Fi was removed from the park its one of my familys favorites! I did see a possible layout of the park with both expansions and it seemed like Sci-Fi was staying and Hollywood and Vine and 50's Prime Time were being removed...but i am not 100% sure that is the case.

yensid67

According to the renderings that were posted with names of areas in Star Warsland, Primetime 50's restaurant would still be there, but rethemed for the land. BUT we can guess and speculate all we want and get our hopes up, it all come down to the final say from Disney of what the new land will ultimately look like! So until then, I am not going to hope for anything and accept what they build...and hope its a good build!

ToTBellHop

I will be devastated if Sci-Fi was removed from the park its one of my familys favorites! I did see a possible layout of the park with both expansions and it seemed like Sci-Fi was staying and Hollywood and Vine and 50's Prime Time were being removed...but i am not 100% sure that is the case.
They haven't announced all of the expansions coming to the park yet. Sci Fi is safe for now, but not necessarily forever.

Bparso87

I hope all are gone I hate HWS dinning food is below average and the theming is just ok. I would love a new pizza planet and mos eisly. I think a muppet restaurant would be a great addition to.

dgp602

I mentioned this in a forum before, but what if you re-themed it to Star Wars? Make the cars Speed cruisers and star ships? Show highlight clips of Star Wars movies and have the waitstaff is character costumes?? I think it would be cool...

JohnD

While talking about the new Toy Story and Star Wars expansions coming in the next few years with some friends, we got on the topic of HWS eateries that may not survive the expansions. Two places came to mind: The Prime Time 50's Diner and The Sci-Fi Drive in. While I'm sure the entire park won't stick with the Hollywood theme much longer (with the exception of Sunset Bolv. And the GMR street) these two places have always been a lot of fun to me and I'd hate to see them go. I personally thought it would be cool if they rethemed them to match the Mos Eisly Cantina or something to match the new areas around it, but I'm not sure. Would anybody else be sad if the park removed these two eateries?

These have been speculated but no one knows at this point.

JohnD

I mentioned this in a forum before, but what if you re-themed it to Star Wars? Make the cars Speed cruisers and star ships? Show highlight clips of Star Wars movies and have the waitstaff is character costumes?? I think it would be cool...

50s Prime Time --> Dex's Diner

I could see this.

Max of the Parks

Original Poster
50's Prime Time Theater --> Dex's Diner, I agree would be sweet.
Sci-Fi Cafe --> Maybe still a Sci Fi cafe but with Star Wars/ Marvel clips? Or even what dgp602 said.
Either way, Star Wars land better include a Cantina scene themed restaurant!!!

yedliW

I'd like to see a Hoth themed ice cream place.. even if it is just a kiosk/cart..

The cantina goes without saying.. :)

It would also be cool if they could have a bubbling drink from Degobah. And something from the Cloud City.

wendysue

We would be sad if the Tune In Lounge went away....:( They have the best onion rings and we always meet interesting people there.

disney4life2008

Gonna miss ABC network quick service, Backlot express, and studio props

I have never understood the hatred towards ABC Commissary - the food is no different than most of the QS places on property. And its one of the few at HS where I can sit in air conditioning. However, I prefer Backlot as I can drink as much coke as I want but its always crowded.

yedliW

I have never understood the hatred towards ABC Commissary - the food is no different than most of the QS places on property. And its one of the few at HS where I can sit in air conditioning. However, I prefer Backlot as I can drink as much coke as I want but its always crowded.

Same here.. I have never seen it crowded.. no lengthy lines.. plenty of tables.. and A/C.. one of the best kept secrets of the park, if you ask me.. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom