The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

We can share both. Or, @JenniferS will get us each a bag and our own sundaes cuz she's generous like that. :D
Don't you hate it when people ignore the sign?? While I don't want to be rude, it's difficult for me to not ask "do you know how to read"? :mad:
Our HOA made soliciting illegal in our neighborhood, with a permanent sign entering our streets. And people still knock on the door. I look out, and if I don't know them, I just ignore.;)

betty rose

Happy Friday! Today is the last day of Figgy's day care. I'm going to miss the little buggers, not LOL Last night there were 8 kids here for dinner at least 2 were girls. I did hear one funny thing last night from one of them "at least your mom doesn't make me eat vegetables" That was while he was eating his second helping of "chicken" meatloaf. For those who don't know me, there wasn't any chicken in it.:D That kid also likes my red velvet cake. It's going to be a busy weekend! I've got farm market Saturday and on Sunday we're going to the pool with a bunch of friends and having a cookout, should be fun as I'm not cooking. I'm bringing the salad!
Have fun, you deserve someone else doing the cooking. After feeding your "army" all summer!

betty rose

I never have a car down there anymore; haven't for probably17 years or so. It just got so busy and congested with so many cars, that it made me nervous to drive down there. That's when I made the decision to always stay on property if I could swing it, so that I could just use all the Disney transportation. It's worked out great for me.
I love Disney transportation, it's so convenient. I don't like walking to a really hot car, and waiting for it to cool down. The busses are always "cool". :)

StarWarsGirl

11947634_960559624011536_4011582950058695107_n.jpg

StarWarsGirl

My ds says that's adorable and he wants one!
I know! Me too.

I wish I had Belle when she was that little, for multiple reasons. But we got her when she was 10 months old. If when I move out I take Belle with me, am going to get her (and me) a kitten that little!

EDIT: Even if I don't take Belle with me, first I'm going to get a cat that would otherwise be difficult to adopt out, and then a kitten!

Figgy1

Premium Member
I know! Me too.

I wish I had Belle when she was that little, for multiple reasons. But we got her when she was 10 months old. If when I move out I take Belle with me, am going to get her (and me) a kitten that little!

EDIT: Even if I don't take Belle with me, first I'm going to get a cat that would otherwise be difficult to adopt out, and then a kitten!
That's very sweet of you

StarWarsGirl

That's very sweet of you
Well, Belle was one that would have been tough to adopt out, and it made me feel good to adopt her. We actually met her twice before adopting her, and the first time we met her, we weren't sure whether she would be the right cat. The shelter moved her to a Petsmart adoption location, and then she was more herself. She's very very sweet, which is what the adoption agent told us, but had been through a lot. They had a special adoption weekend and most of the cats had been adopted...except for her and one other (who got adopted later on the day we adopted Belle). Her owners before us brought her back to the shelter and said she wouldn't warm up. We think that they basically hauled her out of wherever she was hiding. She would flinch back whenever we would walk by. We basically ignored her other than when I would wake up early (you know how much I love cats; I got up earlier than I needed to to be with her) and go see her when she had just woken up. We kept her in the (finished) basement for the first week or so that we had her. Then she would wander up, and we basically ignored her until one day I sat down and she was on my lap.

I hear all of the stories about adult cats who can't get adopted for whatever reason, and I feel so bad about it. One of the more recent ones was a cat whose owner had died and whose son couldn't take the cat. Before the owner died, she wrote a letter to the cat's future owners. It was heartbreaking on so many levels. This happened in MD, and I thought "Boy, if I didn't have Belle, I would be more than happy to take that cat." But I have Belle, and I don't think she'd go for it. And I'll probably have her for a while yet; she very much needs me we've noticed. My mom said that yesterday she was walking around meowing when I wasn't home. And the other day, I came home and she was sitting at the door waiting for me. One of my friends was with me and thought it was adorable.

Much as I want a kitten, I know they are much harder to adopt out, and an adult cat can love you just as much, if not more, than a kitten. Only getting a kitten if I still have Belle. She doesn't like other cats in general, but gets lonely. I think she would end up taking to a kitten pretty quickly

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom