What do you think now?

Which do you prefer to block the Theater in DHS?

• Sorcerer Hat

Votes: 50 51.5%
  • New Stage

Votes: 47 48.5%

• Total voters

blueboxdoctor

Should have kept the hat. But I'm sure there was a committee of higher ups who were getting all mad that the little water tower or the Chinese Theater weren't the main symbol of the park.

JIMINYCR

From the start I never really liked the hat overpowering the boulevard and courtyard. Had there been a real purpose to it ( I was really hoping with the sorcerers themed hat there would be a Magic/ Magician tie in there ) it might have been worthwhile. But there never really was anything there to draw me in to like it. Set up as a background to some shows, meet & greets, place to sell pins, pin items, well that IMHO is sure a waste of space. Still I guess because a stage isnt as overpowering as the pointed hat, I'd prefer the stage. But lets hope that too is gone sooner than later.

Slipknot

Whatever your thoughts on BAH or no BAH, we have the best view of either of the Chinese Theaters. If you were to try and view the real theater in Hollywood from the same distance as the backside of Crossroads at the front of MGM, you'd only see a garage and office building.

rct247

Missing a few choices for the poll:

1. View of GMR
2. View of BAH blocking GMR
3. View of a temporary stage blocking GMR
4. View of a temporary stage blocking BAH blocking GMR.

I pick choice 1.

Gator

Check out my picture. Of course I want the Hat! With all the angst over it before it was stupidly pulled down, I never understood why people didn't get the Hat. Mickey Mouse is Disney, and his most famous personification is Sorcerer Mickey. Add in the nightly Fantasmic! with Sorcerer Mickey and it totally make sense to have what was my favorite park Icon. Now Hollywood Blvd look sorta blah. But that's just me .... and lots of other people who "got' the Hat. I wish they would've at least repositioned it near the gate of the park.

Nick Wilde

Check out my picture. Of course I want the Hat! With all the angst over it before it was stupidly pulled down, I never understood why people didn't get the Hat. Mickey Mouse is Disney, and his most famous personification is Sorcerer Mickey. Add in the nightly Fantasmic! with Sorcerer Mickey and it totally make sense to have what was my favorite park Icon. Now Hollywood Blvd look sorta blah. But that's just me .... and lots of other people who "got' the Hat. I wish they would've at least repositioned it near the gate of the park.
It was blocking a wonderful view of the Chinese Theatre down Hollywood Blvd, and didn't fit with the theme of Hollywood at all.

RoadTrip

Didn't hate the hat, but hated the way it blocked the view of the Chinese Theater and totally did not fit the image of Hollywood Boulevard. The only good thing about it is that the Earful Tower is the lamest icon any park ever had. The location is so out of the way it is hard to see from anywhere. I wouldn't mind seeing the BAH recreated somewhere in the entrance plaza.

Professor_Jason

I'd kinda like to see the hat re-purposed somewhere like the TTC maybe put the ticket booths under there, but I'm looking forward to seeing the Chinese Theater at the end of the street when I enter the Park

POLY LOVER

it ashame the hat could not have been just moved to another location maybe out side of the entrance approach to DHS. I liked the hat just not the location. Maybe make the hat a fast food location, maybe circular counter seating with old fashioned hollywood soda jerks etc.
The theatre should be unobstructed.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Currently the ginormous Frozen stage completely blocks the Chinese Theater. And prior to Frozen Summer Fun, the stage was used for Star Wars weekends. So unless the stage gets dismantled, there will be no wonderful view of the GMR. And if that's the case, bring back the hat!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom