USAirways questions

Squigglove

Original Poster
It's literally impossible to get through to an airline via telephone and I can't find info elsewhere.
I am taking checked luggage, including a stroller and a car seat.

Car Seat will be used in the baby's airplane seat, I believe there's no charge for that.
Stroller will be checked, NO BOX. My mom insists it will only be FREE to check the stroller if it's in its original box. I don't believe that's true. Can some people verify this please?
Luggage. I understand it's $25 for each suitcase going under the plane. Is that $25 EACH WAY
Also, if there are two people in my party and we are both checking (under the plane) luggage do I assume that's $50 each trip?

Thank you much!!

Rob562

I'll answer what I can...

Car Seat: As long as it's rated for use on an airplane (I believe most are) and you've bought a ticket for your baby, yes you can use it on the plane just fine. If you didn't buy a ticket for your baby and you plan on holding them on your lap, then no, you'll have to check it (or gate check it).

Stroller: You can gate-check the stroller for free. Wheel the stroller to the plane, they'll tag it and you'll pick it back up just outside the plane when you deplane.

Luggage: Yes, it's $25 per suitcase per flight, so for one person to check one bag it's $50 round-trip. Two people with one bag each would be $100 round trip.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom