Poseidons Fury

tissandtully

Original Poster
Went through this over the weekend, was really disappointed they turned off the water vortex!! That was my favorite part, anyone know when they turned that off and why?

JoeCamel

It was working a few weeks ago but sometimes it is not running when the group is ready to move through. Not an operational decision to turn it off, more likely to be a maintenance issue. It has lots of moving parts to get that much water sprayed at the tube

Jahona

Hopefully it's fixed the next time I visit. I remember thinking how cool the vortex was when I saw it for the first time. All hail Darkanon

JT3000

It's probably just malfunctioning. The vortex was turned off for a while, a few years back, because GE was getting cheap and it was supposedly the most expensive effect on property. I don't imagine we'd have that problem with current management though.

I just don't think that show will ever meet its full potential before Lost Continent, and it, are replaced.

It was pretty decent before they went and changed everything after the first few years. Still don't know what they were thinking. Did it make too much sense? Was it not corny enough? Was a Greek god considered a lesser villain than a Power Rangers reject? Who knows...

Last edited:

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
It was pretty decent before they went and changed everything after the first few years. Still don't know what they were thinking. Did it make too much sense? Was it not corny enough? Was a Greek god considered a lesser villain than a Power Rangers reject? Who knows...

I'm glad they at least got rid of the young TMs in bad beards. And I'm assuming the TV in the second room was once a projection upon a face sculpture, a la the singing busts?

JT3000

I'm glad they at least got rid of the young TMs in bad beards. And I'm assuming the TV in the second room was once a projection upon a face sculpture, a la the singing busts?

The Oracle was originally a mostly featureless projection on a crystalline surface shaped like a face. Not a very advanced effect, but more fitting than a character on an obvious screen.

dennis-in-ct

I have always enjoyed the attraction. Reminds me of an indoor FANCTASMIC!
If the area was taken over by Potter, it would make a terrific CHAMBER OF SECRETS experience.

captainmoch

This ride/show thing always bothered me because it has a huge, grand, very impressive display out in front of it, and you would expect some huge e-ticket inside... but all it is is a hit-or-miss walk-through attraction. Honestly, the same applies to all of Lost Continent nowadays. Very grand and well themed, but nothing much of substance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom