Disney Northern Europe

StlRes1

Original Poster
Considering the uly 2016 Northern Europe (Tallin, Stockholm, etc.) cruise, two adults one 12 year old... a bit worried about the "at sea" days and boredom / what to do.

Is it warm enough to use the pools and water slides on the Magic, or is that like taking an ice water bath? The Baltic winds prohibitively cold?

I am thinking we need to make our decision quickly as cruise will sell out... any feedback very much appreciated.

Thanks

ChuckElias

You will never be bored during a sea day on the Magic, unless you want to be. There are so many activities packed into the sea days that there is something for everyone almost all the time. I'm sure you could search this site and find a Daily Navigator for a sea day. It would show you everything that goes on while the ship is at sea. Movies in the theater, activities in the kids' club, bingo, variety shows, baby races in the Atrium. . . and if all else fails, there's always chicken fingers and fries available!

When we cruised to St. Petersburg in 2010, they had record temperatures in the mid 90s F, so I'm not sure I'm the right person to ask about the weather!! But the ship's pools are all heated, so even if it's in the mid 50s, you can jump in and be warm. (It's getting OUT that's difficult!)

I highly recommend any itinerary that includes St. Petersburg and Stockholm. We didn't get to Talin, but I would've enjoyed that a lot.

StlRes1

Original Poster
Thanks for the information, Chuck- I feel a bit silly for not realizing that the pools are heated. I will check out the links! Thanks again.

ChuckElias

There's no reason to feel silly. If you've never sailed with Disney, how would you know? Some people ask me if the pools are sea water or fresh water. (It's chlorinated fresh water.) So you definitely are not asking dumb questions. :)

216bruce

Just got back from the Baltic cruise. Temps were upper 60's for most days and we had only one rainy day, but the winds were heavy, brisk and not 'lounge chair' friendly. Very few folks poolside or on deck chairs during days at sea (4). There is still A LOT to do though and we were never bored. I still used the pool most days and had it to myself. The temp in it was like bathwater and once you got dried off after leaving the pool I was fine. Very, very few kids in the kids pool or splash zone areas and the deck was a ghost town most of the time. That being said- there's movies, shows, activities, etc. If you define a cruise by being warm and hanging out poolside with an umbrella drink or a cold beer, then it may not be for you. If you just want to be busy at sea- there's till ots to do on those four days.
The gym was mobbed, so I ran on the Promenade deck, sometimes into apparent winds of nearly 40 knots- half the time they were tailwinds!

Ralphlaw

Got off the boat yesterday from the Baltic 12 nighter. We had 4 days at sea and never got bored. For the kids, there's always movies, the clubs, animation classes, eating, and just chilling out. Believe me, just chilling out is great after a few port days. About half our day at sea time was water friendly, especially in the afternoon. All 3 pools were nicely warm, and the hot tubs were actually hot at times. We had some rain, but not bad. The adult pool area was wonderful. Nicely sheltered, and the pool water was as room as some hot tub water I've been in. I also had a nice workout in the fitness area every day, saw a few movies, took in a few classes, vegged out by the Cove Café, napped, and then got ready for dinner and the nightly shows, which were all great. There's also several movies at the same time in your state room TV, including the latest Hobbit movie, etc . . .

If bored, it won't take much to find something unique to do. One afternoon, my wife and son wandered the halls for a half hour or so looking at how all the doors to the cabins were decorated. Very clever, and helped with burning off the food.

Being a little bored, by the way, is not a bad thing. We're too plugged in most of the time, and it's truly nice from time to time to just relax and have nothing to do but people watch. With that being said, even a Type A like me found plenty to do on the sea days.

Also, Talinn is fabulous. Of all the ports, that's the one I would really like to see again.

216bruce

Totally agree, especially on Tallinn. We sure didn't expect it to be anywhere as charming and beautiful as it was. I'll take it over St. Petersburg as a whole.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Considering the uly 2016 Northern Europe (Tallin, Stockholm, etc.) cruise, two adults one 12 year old... a bit worried about the "at sea" days and boredom / what to do.

Is it warm enough to use the pools and water slides on the Magic, or is that like taking an ice water bath? The Baltic winds prohibitively cold?

I am thinking we need to make our decision quickly as cruise will sell out... any feedback very much appreciated.

Thanks

If I get a chance to I will upload some photos of the Daily Navigator for an at sea day on MAGIC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom