Suggestions for OOP Breakfast?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I want some Kona coffee...is it an option to pay for some without having to be seated at Kona?
Not sure but my DH loves it!! We have to get the pressed pot Kona coffee (bring the press pot to your table so may not be able to get to go). You can go buy a bag of the whole bean Kona coffee at Kona though but I know it's pricey around $40 for each bag, to bring home. We love eating at Kona so we go every trip and have bought a bag to bring home before. :)

JennSmith

Original Poster
Not sure but my DH loves it!! We have to get the pressed pot Kona coffee (bring the press pot to your table so may not be able to get to go). You can go buy a bag of the whole bean Kona coffee at Kona though but I know it's pricey around $40 for each bag, to bring home. We love eating at Kona so we go every trip and have bought a bag to bring home before. :)
Hmmm....what to do???? I may have to bring a bag home then - if nothing else :)

JennSmith

Original Poster
Anyway, Kona is still a good OOP option IMO.

I would just swap Kona for Ohana but my youngest daughter LOVES Stitch. I mean I half expect her to get a Stitch tattoo when she is older lol. Even though I know Kona has the coffee and the Tonga toast, (which I have heard awesome things about), I feel like if I'm gonna add another breakfast it has to be someplace other than at the Poly. Because to me, it is at least somewhat about the atmosphere too. Next time Kona will be on my list for sure though! :)

lostpro9het

Personally, I wouldn't touch your 'Ohana. We dine there each trip for breakfast and love it! We'll be dining there for breakfast during Christmas for our 5th time and wouldn't have it any other way.

And I agree that they feel similar.

Tinkerkelle

I would just swap Kona for Ohana but my youngest daughter LOVES Stitch. :)

Same for us. Youngest loves him and always brings back a stitch from WDW or DLP. Wanted the huge one but we said no for getting it into luggage. He saw a girl with one at the airport tucked round her back pack like she was giving him a piggy back - we were not popular!!! Can also meet him in HS but not lilo which is another cool part of breakfast. We split 2 of the bounty breakfasts between 4 of us a few times using our counter service credits. We really like Tusker House for breakfast where you can meet Donald, Daisy, Mickey, Minnie and Goofy. Have a fab time!

We did not get Hatter when we had breakfast in June :(. Mary Poppins, Alice, Pooh, Tigger and Snow White. Snow was only a "fair" substitute for Hatter :in pain:.

Oh no!! He was awesome at our breakfast but the interaction between our 2 boys and Mary Poppins was priceless! She had their pinkies out drinking their juice 'like gentlemen' then had them waddling like penguins. The characters really do a brilliant job considering how many guests they greet every meal.

JennSmith

Original Poster
Okay I was finally convinced to try Kona after we check out. Thought it would be nice to end our trip on a nice breakfast. Figured we could try the Tonga Toast and I would get my coffee...no availability - wah wah wah o_O Oh well I will try again periodically and if it's meant to be, we will get in ;). I cannot stress how hard this waiting is though. I mean there is literally nothing to do now. Our countdown started at 477 days. 477 DAYS, you guys!!! You would think the last 43 would be a cake walk. Nope. I mean I can wait for my bands, and eventually pack but that's it. No more milestones as far as planning. I know I need to just chill because before I know it, our trip will be over and I will seriously need a support group - like for realz :cry:. It's just so hard!!!!!

mickey2008.1

Under the radar is Cape May Cafe. Great food, location, and characters. This place has it all.. Not crazy like Chef Mickeys, better characters than Ohana, and a great buffet. Then walk to EPCOT or grab a boat to DHS. For breakfast, this is the place for the biggest bang for the $$$$$$$

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thats disappointing. I kind of sold my DD on it that the Hatter is likely there.
I really think there were extenuating circumstances that day. We were staying at the GF and walked past the restaurant almost every morning (they keep the back door open so you can see inside) and Hatter was there. However, the buffet was very yummy, LOTS of choices (including made-to-order omelettes), everything fresh and the correct temperature. And all-you-can-drink POG juice! We were pleased with 1900 PF in spite of Hatter's absence.

aw14

I really think there were extenuating circumstances that day. We were staying at the GF and walked past the restaurant almost every morning (they keep the back door open so you can see inside) and Hatter was there. However, the buffet was very yummy, LOTS of choices (including made-to-order omelettes), everything fresh and the correct temperature. And all-you-can-drink POG juice! We were pleased with 1900 PF in spite of Hatter's absence.
ok good. My DW (@awheartsdw ) is itching to try the POG juice, and our DD really wants to meet the Hatter.

We were originally scheduled for an OOP breakfast at Akershus, but this seemed like a better option.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom